Locust Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC0609

Decided to start my own colony, got about 20 adults, seems more females to males.

Using cardboard as a substrate and have egg crates for em too.

Current temperature is at 28.4 C and humidity 60% (too high?)

They have a large supply of spring greens an ice cream tub full of slightly damp vermiculite.

They laid one batch of eggs on the substrate.

Am I doin it right?

EDIT 31/12/13 15:25
Air temp a little away from bask area is 28.5 C, humidity is around 50% and falling. Moistened vermiculite a little too much but shouldn't be a problem in a day or so. Basking are reaches temps of up to 35 C. Vermiculite temp 30 C

JC0609

Original Poster
I have them in the shed so escapees are no problem. I've had one escapee so far though.

JC0609

Original Poster
A lot, I can't count, there's too many. This time in two months it'll be in the thousands

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Thats great, faster than roaches! Now all you need to do is write a 'how to' so the rest of us can have a go :D

What sort of container do you keep them in? they have a pretty huge leap11

How are your babies doing? My 2nd clutch started hatching yesterday and so far I have about 11 little snappers, viscous little bunch!

Marie x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom