Lizzie has a wound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leahlm248

Original Poster
Hello, my beardie has little wounds on both front feet. They are still walking on them fine but I have noticed they are less energetic but still loving live food and human time. Could anyone identify what these wounds are from? Also how do I tell the gender of my beardie? I think it’s a girl so I call them lizzie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 87

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my beardie has little wounds on both front feet. They are still walking on them fine but I have noticed they are less energetic but still loving live food and human time. Could anyone identify what these wounds are from? Also how do I tell the gender of my beardie? I think it’s a girl so I call them lizzie
Lift the tail higher in the air please same position ---- what are you using for a substrate -- looks like an abrasion from rubbing

Leahlm248

Original Poster
what she has on the bottom of the tank ? tile carpet shelf liner paper towels sand --- did she come like this w/ the abrasions
She doesn’t have any substrate then only the bottom of the tank and she like to lay on her sea grass hammocks. No she did not come with the marks, they are recent

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She doesn’t have any substrate then only the bottom of the tank and she like to lay on her sea grass hammocks. No she did not come with the marks, they are recent
Show me the bottom of the tank --- has she been doing any digging in the tank ? something she is rubbing on is causing this we need to figure out what it is --- your basking temps and UVB are the most important thing in Lizzies tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon how old is Lizzie -- please NO coils for a UVB basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stickons please and NO sand for substrate of which already said she does not have

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Leah, I think you do have a girl, smooth at the tail right above the vent [ rear end ] A boy would have 2 bulges. As for the the little sores they might be from the hard flooring, tile or any hard surface is actually unnatural and can hurt their feet, even though most people use it and don't have problems too often. You might put a little dab of Neosporin on and that might help. For flooring you can put a couple layers of newspaper and some non adhesive shelf liner on top to make it soft on her feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom