Lizard "Zoomies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Does anyone else's beardie get really, really active after having a poo? Figment goes NUTS - scampering around his cage, glass surfing, climbing up and down his "mountain" and his climbing branch. I took him out for floor time today after his daily mess, and he's been scrabbling everywhere - trying to climb the walls, even! I call these his "lizard zoomies." Does anyone else do the same?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He probably wants out either to explore or get away from the poop. My dragon does go through phases in which he is very hyper too. Runs between rooms and surfs the walls of the house. It comes and goes with the seasons though =)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Both of my dragons -- Hiccup wants out after he poops and starts wall surfing- today he pooped so he wanted out- I brought him out and he was happy -- Blaze does the crazy thing all over the tank - havent let him out yet - he is still pretty young to let loose - and not as big - I m afraid I will loose him under the furniture - he has been out in the past and ran all over the LR but there were two of us so it was easier
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3tvjso2e said:
He probably wants out either to explore or get away from the poop. My dragon does go through phases in which he is very hyper too. Runs between rooms and surfs the walls of the house. It comes and goes with the seasons though =)

I thought it might be to get away from his poo, too... not that I don't clean it up promptly (especially now that I'm working in the room all day), but I think it might be logical, on an instinctual level: dragon poo reeks, so it would be best to get far away from the source of the stink before a predator comes calling to see what smells. :)

And speaking of which... time to clean up on aisle 4!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ComicBookMama":wavrn0eh said:
Does anyone else's beardie get really, really active after having a poo?
Does anyone else do the same?
Before, after, once or twice a day for the heck of it... AFAIK, it's just his active period. Zoomies might be an apt analogy.

ComicBookMama":wavrn0eh said:
I thought it might be to get away from his poo, too... not that I don't clean it up promptly (especially now that I'm working in the room all day), but I think it might be logical, on an instinctual level: dragon poo reeks, so it would be best to get far away from the source of the stink before a predator comes calling to see what smells. :)
At times I've considered that; OTOH, there are times he'll run right through it. Vast majority of the time, he'll hit the paper towel, but every so often, he'll do it up top, or on a step... He's hit a few planters, his granite boulder... :dontknow:

Maybe it's how the mood strikes him... :laughhard:

All three of our dogs (and many more I've heard about) considered cat turds a culinary delicacy. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom