Live Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

moqtina

How often should I feed my 7 month old dragon live food. She eats greens everyday. Should be still be eating live food every day?

mudcats70

hey, i have a 12 month old beardie and i feed him about four crickets every day and i give him his romaine with careets and some other veggies everyday as well along with the dusting every once and a while with d3. hopes this helps:)
MUDCATS70

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Absolutely, at her age, she should be eating MOSTLY live foods, and veggies on the side. My 4 1/2 month old is eating about 100 crickets and 30 Phoenix Worms every day, along with her dish of greens.

mudcats70

ya you want to keep the veggies in the viv even thought he might not even touch it but he needs to get used to it for when he/she gets older.
MUDCATS70

dreshany

Hatchling Member
WOW, my baby does not eat very much in comparison to other beardies on here. He is 4 months (born mid July) and eats about 20 small crickets and 20 small phoenix worms per day. He does not eat any veggies, although I offer a variety everyday. I offer more than he eats, but he just does not seem to eat a whole lot. When he is done, he hangs out on the highest brick so the crickets do not bother him, until I can remove the rest. Also, I can only give him about 5 worms at a time or he freaks out and tries to run away from them. Is that normal? Is there anything I can do to try and get my beardie to eat more? All temps ect are correct, I have checked it all in another post.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
moqtina":3ffa7 said:
How often should I feed my 7 month old dragon live food. She eats greens everyday. Should be still be eating live food every day?

A 7 month old dragon is still quite young and has a lot of growing left to do. She need to protein from the live bugs in order to grow properly. She should get live food every day at least until she's a year old. How much you give her depends on the method you're using - you can either offer her as much as she wants to eat in 10 minutes per feeding (can be a ton of bugs) or cut her off once she hits 50 bugs for the day. If she eats less than that on her own, that's fine, each dragon's appetite is different and they generally know best what they need, its just important that its available to her. Once your dragon is 12 months old you can begin cutting back on the live food so that by the time she's 18 months old and a full grown adult she'll be on the adult diet of 25-50 bugs a week.

mudcats70":3ffa7 said:
hey, i have a 12 month old beardie and i feed him about four crickets every day and i give him his romaine with careets and some other veggies everyday as well along with the dusting every once and a while with d3. hopes this helps:)
MUDCATS70

Even at 12 months your guy should be getting more than 4 crickets a day - that only works out to 28 crickets a week, and an adult should have about 50 crickets a week. Another note - romaine lettuce is a poor staple for a dragon's salad, dark leafy greens like collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, turnip greens, and mustard greens are all much healthier for him. Not trying to pick on you, just offering some suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom