List of Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

Hey everyone, do you think you can you tell me what I'm missing in my list for a beardie. I don't want to forget something.

Wood Log = $5

Basking Spot Lamps 50-75 watt = $13

Fluorescent Lights = $20

2 Light Fixtures = $20

Substrates = $7

2 Thermometers = $18

Water Dish = $12

40 Gallon Breeder tank = $100

Calcium Dust = $10

Also another thing, would a 30 Gallon Breeder Tank work for 1 Adult?

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Hey everyone, do you think you can you tell me what I'm missing in my list for a beardie. I don't want to forget something.
Wood Log = $5
Fluorescent Lights = $20
2 Light Fixtures = $20
Substrates = $7
2 Thermometers = $18
Water Dish = $12
Calcium Dust = $10

Well, are your fluorescent lights UVB? Highly recommended are the Repti-SUN (not Glo) 10.0 UVB or the Megaray. Make sure you do your research as far as distance and various mounting options. Check out Petmountain.com or lllreptile.com. Also, what substrate are you planning on using? For a baby or juvenile it is wise to stay away from sand for substrate. Ideas for substrates: Repti-carpet, porcelan or slate tiles, paper towels. $12 sounds high for a water dish. Also, highly recommended on this board to get a AcuRite probe digital thermometer that reads both the cool side and the hot side. You can get it at Wal-mart for $12. I've heard the stick ons can be off by 20 degrees. Also, the calcium should be phosphorus free and have D3 (unless you are using the MegaRay). What are you planning on feeding your beardie?

You can do a google search thru this site on each "key word" on your list to get valuable info!

Good luck!

hunter94

Original Poster
healthybeardie":2i230bds said:
Wood Log = $5
Fluorescent Lights = $20
2 Light Fixtures = $20
Substrates = $7
2 Thermometers = $18
Water Dish = $12
Calcium Dust = $10

Well, are your fluorescent lights UVB? Highly recommended are the Repti-SUN (not Glo) 10.0 UVB or the Megaray. Make sure you do your research as far as distance and various mounting options. Check out Petmountain.com or lllreptile.com. Also, what substrate are you planning on using? For a baby or juvenile it is wise to stay away from sand for substrate. Ideas for substrates: Repti-carpet, porcelan or slate tiles, paper towels. $12 sounds high for a water dish. Also, highly recommended on this board to get a AcuRite probe digital thermometer that reads both the cool side and the hot side. You can get it at Wal-mart for $12. I've heard the stick ons can be off by 20 degrees. Also, the calcium should be phosphorus free and have D3 (unless you are using the MegaRay). What are you planning on feeding your beardie?

You can do a google search thru this site on each "key word" on your list to get valuable info!

Good luck!
I'm going to use Reptile Carpet. And I chose a big water dish cause I wan't my beardie to be very happy. And I'm going to use Fluorescent UVB Lights. And I'll make sure to research different thermometers. And I'll go to a Reptile Shop for the Calcium Dust. I also plan on feeding it Crickets. How many crickets do I feed a juvenile each day?

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Be careful about the amount of water you put in the viv. Having it in there can raise the humidity levels and give your beardie a life threatening URI.

Crickets are the only thing you want to feed a juvie? There are many different feeders out there and they should be offered a healthy variety as well as greens.

jmain

Juvie Member
ChellyBeans":3j45v9po said:
Be careful about the amount of water you put in the viv. Having it in there can raise the humidity levels and give your beardie a life threatening URI..

I thought you always want the humidity around 40%???

studmule

As for how much to feed your juvi, as many crickets as he can eat in a 15 minute period, twice a day. Only dust the crickets one feeding a day.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
studmule":2sowg2ia said:
As for how much to feed your juvi, as many crickets as he can eat in a 15 minute period, twice a day. Only dust the crickets one feeding a day.

As well as a proper bearded dragon salad.

jmain

Juvie Member
wow thats not good because I read somewhere you needed 40-60 so I always try to keep mine around 40 and I have had him for a year now.

hunter94

Original Poster
jmain":yo1cby6t said:
wow thats not good because I read somewhere you needed 40-60 so I always try to keep mine around 40 and I have had him for a year now.
Yea, I think 40-60 would be good enough. But people say 75-80.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Humidity?

These are dragons from Australia! You make your call, but this isn't a chameleon or an iguana. Just sayin'.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
austrailia=desert
desert=little rain
little rain=no humidity

i had the same problem with bad advice from petco and mine got a URI. vet bills for exotic animals are really expensive lets just say i lived on PB&J for awhile afterwards :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom