Liquid poop/no poop/hard urates

Iretak91

I've tried looking through to see if I saw anything similar, sorry if I missed it.

My beardie hasn't pooped in almost three weeks. She's been eating up until yesterday when she stopped so now I'm even more concerned.
Staple insect has always been crickets, have also done dubai roaches and regretfully tried superworms...about three weeks ago 😔 all stores near me had no crickets or any other feeder insects so I bought superworms and she ate 50.

She has passed these MASSIVE urates, hard about the size of a big toenail. I've been giving baths daily, she strains so much and all that comes is that, a tiny speck of poop with normal urate or just brown
IMG_20221217_140011.jpg
IMG_20221217_140004.jpg
IMG_20221217_134639.jpg
IMG_20221217_134654.jpg
water. I dont even think it can be called diarrhea its literally just brown water.

Tried baby food prunes today, she's still drinking a lot.. I'm just lost.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I've tried looking through to see if I saw anything similar, sorry if I missed it.

My beardie hasn't pooped in almost three weeks. She's been eating up until yesterday when she stopped so now I'm even more concerned.
Staple insect has always been crickets, have also done dubai roaches and regretfully tried superworms...about three weeks ago 😔 all stores near me had no crickets or any other feeder insects so I bought superworms and she ate 50.

She has passed these MASSIVE urates, hard about the size of a big toenail. I've been giving baths daily, she strains so much and all that comes is that, a tiny speck of poop with normal urate or just brown View attachment 76127 View attachment 76128 View attachment 76129 View attachment 76130 water. I dont even think it can be called diarrhea its literally just brown water.

Tried baby food prunes today, she's still drinking a lot.. I'm just lost.
No more super worms please --- I am hoping shes not impacted w/ how many she ate- please feed her some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and 2 drops of honey for sweet taste- feed till she poops - the baby prunes should work if not try the pumpkin --- please start ordering insects on line they are cheaper and we are going into winter now so pet stores are going to be hard to get insects in - happens all the time
I would switch to dubias as the main staple -
www.dubiaroaches.com
Fluker's Cricket Farms - Live Crickets Feeder Insects Online Delivered to Your Home this place has the best super worms I have found yet
Dubias are easy to care for and last longer than crickets they dont stink and they dont chirp- get a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and dubia dew for hydration - you can also feed them stuff you feed the dragon - except carrots do not feed both - one or the other too much Vit A -

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Normally, superworms are fine when used with a variety of other insects. Since she ate so
many that is likely what has caused her dehydration problems. Did she seem to have any
issues prior to her eating so many superworms?
How old is she? Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
Have you tried dropping water onto her nose to see if she will lick any of the water off of
her nose?

Tracie

Iretak91

Original Poster
Hello,

Normally, superworms are fine when used with a variety of other insects. Since she ate so
many that is likely what has caused her dehydration problems. Did she seem to have any
issues prior to her eating so many superworms?
How old is she? Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
Have you tried dropping water onto her nose to see if she will lick any of the water off of
her nose?

Tracie
No prior issues defecating or eating. She will still drink as of now. Shes less than a year old, no eggs before

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
That is good to hear, no eggs previously. I'm glad to hear she is drinking water on her own. You can
also make up a little mix/slurry to give to her consisting of sugar free applesauce, squash or sweet
potato & a few drops of either organic olive oil or organic coconut oil. You can give a little bit of that,
daily to help out in case she is a little backed up.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Iretak91

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
That is good to hear, no eggs previously. I'm glad to hear she is drinking water on her own. You can
also make up a little mix/slurry to give to her consisting of sugar free applesauce, squash or sweet
potato & a few drops of either organic olive oil or organic coconut oil. You can give a little bit of that,
daily to help out in case she is a little backed up.

Tracie
Still no eating and has now started day sleeping. I've got roaches on the way, hopefully she'll eat those. She let out a small poop after a bath yesterday so thats good. Shes still moving around her cage and holding her head up

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear she is alert though, without any black beard. Is she maintaining her weight
then thus far?
It looks like her back end is light colored like it may shed, does it still look grayish in color?
She could be trying to slow down due to cooler weather also.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom