Like an air balloon

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So Nova is weird. We all know this. We also know out scale babies (yeah, scale babies. Like that.?) Puff up with air when they ear and at other times. It seems like Nova does it... often. When she's eating, laying, standing, sitting. It is t 24/7 but it sure seems like all the time. Anyone know why they do this and why she may be doing it as often.?

I know she is sleeping and sprawled out in this photo for warmth but she is air-filled like this often. Almost all the time. She is a voluptuous lizard, coming in at about 7 months and 425g and like 17 or 18 inches long, if that has anything to do with it.

Attachments

• 20230111_070232.jpg
    20230111_070232.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230111_070211.jpg
    20230111_070211.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 53

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Snicker Doodles swelled up like that when she had Coccidia. Now she does it intentionally when i go to touch her. You can literally was her swell up. In the wild they get in crevices and swell up to keep predators from dragging them out, it helps their scales latch into the rocks, wood, ect. I think it's a reflex of wild instincts.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Snicker Doodles swelled up like that when she had Coccidia. Now she does it intentionally when i go to touch her. You can literally was her swell up. In the wild they get in crevices and swell up to keep predators from dragging them out, it helps their scales latch into the rocks, wood, ect. I think it's a reflex of wild instincts.
Oh okay. She has no symptoms of anything. She's been going in her tree that's in the cool side a bit lately, like hiding, which is a little concerning. But I think toothless amd the fan have been stressing her out. But other than that and her slowed down eating, she's acting normal. She'll get like this or stand on the bottom branch with her fingers hooked into the top, pressed against the backside but it'll be for like an hour or so at a time and she gets cool really quickly.

Attachments

• 30264166172250.jpeg
    30264166172250.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 51

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is a cutie. If they have line of sight you might want to rearrange them or hang a towel or something, it will keep them both stressed if they can see each other.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is a cutie. If they have line of sight you might want to rearrange them or hang a towel or something, it will keep them both stressed if they can see each other.
Yeah, we had to hang a sheet on the side part of her tank but he will still head bob, he can just *barely* see her side in his tank and when she's out, we covet his doors so we're probably going to move her to where they can't see each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom