Lights

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Where do you purchase your bulbs online? I am at attempt 3 and this is the 3rd broken bulb- URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am purchasing reptisun and know Arcadia should be my second choice.
I need a 48".
I just saw a Zoo Med Coral Sun and Tropical- any thoughts?

Last edited:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Where do you purchase your bulbs online? I am at attempt 3 and this is the 3rd broken bulb- URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am purchasing reptisun and know Arcadia should be my second choice.
I need a 48".
I just saw a Zoo Med Coral Sun and Tropical- any thoughts?
I use Pet Mountain for Repti Sun and they used to sell Arcadia …. I use the Chewy app as well, but they I don’t think they carry Arcadia, just Repti-Sun … as far as the two brands I like them equally the same 🙂 Amazon has both brand bulbs - just have to check on the T8 / T5 selections.

That sucks so bad about your broken bulbs! Ahhhh! If it makes any difference, I have not had a broken bulb from either Chewy or Pet Mountain and they come bubble wrapped. Hopefully you’ll get some more replies with more places to get your bulbs!

Oh - I’m not familiar with Coral Sun 🤔

Last edited:

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Have you tried Petsmart? Right now they have buy one, get one 50% off and if you choose Auto delivery and you can choose how often to have them shipped you get an extra 35% off. Just replaced my lights doing this

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Have you tried Petsmart? Right now they have buy one, get one 50% off and if you choose Auto delivery and you can choose how often to have them shipped you get an extra 35% off. Just replaced my lights doing this
Yes, that is where I saw the coral and tropical sun options. I don't know if they are good choices but they are awesome prices! Thank you!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I know this has to be too good to be true but I am going to throw it out there- I saw a similar thread but I didn't understand the answer. I went to Walmart and they had T8 florescent bulbs on sale 48 in DOUBLE pack for 5.88. I bought 3 because when I googled it said a long as I'm within 8 inches. Remember, this isn't for basking but for UVB- I could always return but I thought it was best to get them just in case.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I know this has to be too good to be true but I am going to throw it out there- I saw a similar thread but I didn't understand the answer. I went to Walmart and they had T8 florescent bulbs on sale 48 in DOUBLE pack for 5.88. I bought 3 because when I googled it said a long as I'm within 8 inches. Remember, this isn't for basking but for UVB- I could always return but I thought it was best to get them just in case.
I could be wrong but I don't believe those will be usable for reptiles. The ones for reptiles are specifically made to put out a certain amount of UVB. Those regular ones from Walmart won't be producing usable amounts.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Thank you for your reply...I am guessing that you're probably right. I ordered the other lights as stated about but it was worth a shot. I have not put them on Rocky. With them being on sale, if I waited the would be gone.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Which fixture do you have? The Arcadia or the zoo med….either way the same sale works on those also.
I have the zoo med and Flukes lamp and the zoo med fixture but for the 48" in it's actually an aquarium style lamp. I havent used it yet. I ordered the reptisun.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom