Lights

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Where do you purchase your bulbs online? I am at attempt 3 and this is the 3rd broken bulb- URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am purchasing reptisun and know Arcadia should be my second choice.
I need a 48".
I just saw a Zoo Med Coral Sun and Tropical- any thoughts?

Last edited:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Where do you purchase your bulbs online? I am at attempt 3 and this is the 3rd broken bulb- URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am purchasing reptisun and know Arcadia should be my second choice.
I need a 48".
I just saw a Zoo Med Coral Sun and Tropical- any thoughts?
I use Pet Mountain for Repti Sun and they used to sell Arcadia …. I use the Chewy app as well, but they I don’t think they carry Arcadia, just Repti-Sun … as far as the two brands I like them equally the same 🙂 Amazon has both brand bulbs - just have to check on the T8 / T5 selections.

That sucks so bad about your broken bulbs! Ahhhh! If it makes any difference, I have not had a broken bulb from either Chewy or Pet Mountain and they come bubble wrapped. Hopefully you’ll get some more replies with more places to get your bulbs!

Oh - I’m not familiar with Coral Sun 🤔

Last edited:

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Have you tried Petsmart? Right now they have buy one, get one 50% off and if you choose Auto delivery and you can choose how often to have them shipped you get an extra 35% off. Just replaced my lights doing this

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Have you tried Petsmart? Right now they have buy one, get one 50% off and if you choose Auto delivery and you can choose how often to have them shipped you get an extra 35% off. Just replaced my lights doing this
Yes, that is where I saw the coral and tropical sun options. I don't know if they are good choices but they are awesome prices! Thank you!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I know this has to be too good to be true but I am going to throw it out there- I saw a similar thread but I didn't understand the answer. I went to Walmart and they had T8 florescent bulbs on sale 48 in DOUBLE pack for 5.88. I bought 3 because when I googled it said a long as I'm within 8 inches. Remember, this isn't for basking but for UVB- I could always return but I thought it was best to get them just in case.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I know this has to be too good to be true but I am going to throw it out there- I saw a similar thread but I didn't understand the answer. I went to Walmart and they had T8 florescent bulbs on sale 48 in DOUBLE pack for 5.88. I bought 3 because when I googled it said a long as I'm within 8 inches. Remember, this isn't for basking but for UVB- I could always return but I thought it was best to get them just in case.
I could be wrong but I don't believe those will be usable for reptiles. The ones for reptiles are specifically made to put out a certain amount of UVB. Those regular ones from Walmart won't be producing usable amounts.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Thank you for your reply...I am guessing that you're probably right. I ordered the other lights as stated about but it was worth a shot. I have not put them on Rocky. With them being on sale, if I waited the would be gone.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Which fixture do you have? The Arcadia or the zoo med….either way the same sale works on those also.
I have the zoo med and Flukes lamp and the zoo med fixture but for the 48" in it's actually an aquarium style lamp. I havent used it yet. I ordered the reptisun.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom