Lights

Rocky2022

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Where do you purchase your bulbs online? I am at attempt 3 and this is the 3rd broken bulb- URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am purchasing reptisun and know Arcadia should be my second choice.
I need a 48".
I just saw a Zoo Med Coral Sun and Tropical- any thoughts?

Last edited:

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I realize that this is a slightly old thread thought I’d share what I found online for bulbs and other things. Don’t know if they are any good or not. Feel free to chime in anyone. I was ASTOUNDED at the price that they were asking for on Amazon for the Arcadia bulbs at +$100. I’m like who can afford to do that every year for replacements…
Then I found
Reptile Basics
MUCH MORE reasonable prices here!

xp29

Gray-bearded Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I know this has to be too good to be true but I am going to throw it out there- I saw a similar thread but I didn't understand the answer. I went to Walmart and they had T8 florescent bulbs on sale 48 in DOUBLE pack for 5.88. I bought 3 because when I googled it said a long as I'm within 8 inches. Remember, this isn't for basking but for UVB- I could always return but I thought it was best to get them just in case.
The bulbs from walmart won't produce any uvb, unless you have an extra fixture just to brighten up the habitat they aren't of any use.
I have an extra fixture in all but one of my habitats, the extra one is strictly for making the habitats brighter so i use the standard fluorescent in those, but that is in conjunction with a uvb bulb.

Rocky2022

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
I realize that this is a slightly old thread thought I’d share what I found online for bulbs and other things. Don’t know if they are any good or not. Feel free to chime in anyone. I was ASTOUNDED at the price that they were asking for on Amazon for the Arcadia bulbs at +$100. I’m like who can afford to do that every year for replacements…
Then I found
Reptile Basics
MUCH MORE reasonable prices here!
I will still check this out, thanks. From the time I purchased Rocky until now, everything has gone up tremendously. I know we are impacted as hoomans (inflation) but geez, spare us on the beardies. The good thing is that I am able to breed my dubia roaches at this time because they too are high! Thanks for tip.
Let's hope things come back down soon....or we catch a sale.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I will still check this out, thanks. From the time I purchased Rocky until now, everything has gone up tremendously. I know we are impacted as hoomans (inflation) but geez, spare us on the beardies. The good thing is that I am able to breed my dubia roaches at this time because they too are high! Thanks for tip.
Let's hope things come back down soon....or we catch a sale.
I don’t think that things will come down from what they are now (could be wrong, I sure hope so…) history has shown that once things go up in price seldom do they come back down.
With all the advances we have in technology and such certainly puts more of a draw on the pocket book than 30 years ago, sure are nice…have to pay for them though.
Oh if you’re looking for feeders The #1 Source for Live Pet Food | Dubia.com
Has really good prices on them and they guarantee live arrivals. We’re so lucky to be living about a mile from the store front 😊😊 gotten 1/2 of the reptiles from them. They are SUPER company
Is another website for the company where you can get more supplies, feeders and such too a 4x2x2 is going to be about $100 less than more other sites.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days
I'm painting Devlyn's house while she brumates. You can message me to hold me accountable because I procrastinate >_<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiebeardie
Top Bottom