Lighting choices for 4x2x2 glass terrarium

Hi, so I have a 10 week old bearded dragon that I've had since he was 4 weeks old, and he had grown so much that is time to make the transition to a larger tank. He is 9 inches long, weighs 40 grams and is currently in a 30 gallon tank.

His current set up:
* reptisun 15" 10.0 T5 UVB tube light
* 100W Basking bulb on other half of tank 8 inches from his baking spot
* non adhesive floor liner

I found a 4x2x2 glass terrarium on dubiaroaches.com, so I was going to get it.

But I'm not sure if the screen is mesh or wide hole on top, which would affect the type of UVB light I get. I even considered getting 2 mercury vapor bulbs since they have both uvb/uva.

The height of the tank is 2 feet, so in not sure how to get the uvb 15 inches away from the base of the tank. Any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, so I have a 10 week old bearded dragon that I've had since he was 4 weeks old, and he had grown so much that is time to make the transition to a larger tank. He is 9 inches long, weighs 40 grams and is currently in a 30 gallon tank.

His current set up:
* reptisun 15" 10.0 T5 UVB tube light
* 100W Basking bulb on other half of tank 8 inches from his baking spot
* non adhesive floor liner

I found a 4x2x2 glass terrarium on dubiaroaches.com, so I was going to get it.

But I'm not sure if the screen is mesh or wide hole on top, which would affect the type of UVB light I get. I even considered getting 2 mercury vapor bulbs since they have both uvb/uva.

The height of the tank is 2 feet, so in not sure how to get the uvb 15 inches away from the base of the tank. Any suggestions?
The UVB will need to go inside the tank your T 5 is a 15" fixture? I have not seen one of those they usually come in 24" of which that is what your going to need I will post a pic of Blazes tank and you can see how mine is set up -- I use Exo Terra Intense basking bulbs summer 100 watt and winter 150 watt and a Zoo Med Rep 24" fixture - depending on winter temps a 100 watt CHE -- I also have 2 small domes one in the middle of the tank by the UVB its a 75 watt keeps temps in the 90's and one by the 150 watt also a 75 watt - I monitor my temps so if need be I can shut them off if it gets too hot -- you want 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for the UVB - I have some things you can use to hang inside the tank

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 328

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
The UVB will need to go inside the tank your T 5 is a 15" fixture? I have not seen one of those they usually come in 24" of which that is what your going to need I will post a pic of Blazes tank and you can see how mine is set up -- I use Exo Terra Intense basking bulbs summer 100 watt and winter 150 watt and a Zoo Med Rep 24" fixture - depending on winter temps a 100 watt CHE -- I also have 2 small domes one in the middle of the tank by the UVB its a 75 watt keeps temps in the 90's and one by the 150 watt also a 75 watt - I monitor my temps so if need be I can shut them off if it gets too hot -- you want 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for the UVB - I have some things you can use to hang inside the tank
What is a CHE bulb? I've never heard of it. I'm considering using a MVB for his basking spot. I think the current fixture I have is 20, but the bulb is 15" - I think.

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
Also, I was planning on getting a longer UVB tube and fixture with his upgraded tank. I'm definitely not using the same one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also, I was planning on getting a longer UVB tube and fixture with his upgraded tank. I'm definitely not using the same one.
Ok a CHE is a ceramic heat emitter has heat at night its used for tank that fall below 65 -- 24" fixture for the 4x2x2 it will work fine you want a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 2ft or 24" ---- the Zoo Med will come w/a 5.0 bulb get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --
www.pangeareptiles.com the Pro T 5 is currently out of stock on this website the Nano Tech is on this website SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
Ok a CHE is a ceramic heat emitter has heat at night its used for tank that fall below 65 -- 24" fixture for the 4x2x2 it will work fine you want a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 2ft or 24" ---- the Zoo Med will come w/a 5.0 bulb get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --
www.pangeareptiles.com the Pro T 5 is currently out of stock on this website the Nano Tech is on this website SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
Thank you so much!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom