Lighting choices for 4x2x2 glass terrarium

Hi, so I have a 10 week old bearded dragon that I've had since he was 4 weeks old, and he had grown so much that is time to make the transition to a larger tank. He is 9 inches long, weighs 40 grams and is currently in a 30 gallon tank.

His current set up:
* reptisun 15" 10.0 T5 UVB tube light
* 100W Basking bulb on other half of tank 8 inches from his baking spot
* non adhesive floor liner

I found a 4x2x2 glass terrarium on dubiaroaches.com, so I was going to get it.

But I'm not sure if the screen is mesh or wide hole on top, which would affect the type of UVB light I get. I even considered getting 2 mercury vapor bulbs since they have both uvb/uva.

The height of the tank is 2 feet, so in not sure how to get the uvb 15 inches away from the base of the tank. Any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, so I have a 10 week old bearded dragon that I've had since he was 4 weeks old, and he had grown so much that is time to make the transition to a larger tank. He is 9 inches long, weighs 40 grams and is currently in a 30 gallon tank.

His current set up:
* reptisun 15" 10.0 T5 UVB tube light
* 100W Basking bulb on other half of tank 8 inches from his baking spot
* non adhesive floor liner

I found a 4x2x2 glass terrarium on dubiaroaches.com, so I was going to get it.

But I'm not sure if the screen is mesh or wide hole on top, which would affect the type of UVB light I get. I even considered getting 2 mercury vapor bulbs since they have both uvb/uva.

The height of the tank is 2 feet, so in not sure how to get the uvb 15 inches away from the base of the tank. Any suggestions?
The UVB will need to go inside the tank your T 5 is a 15" fixture? I have not seen one of those they usually come in 24" of which that is what your going to need I will post a pic of Blazes tank and you can see how mine is set up -- I use Exo Terra Intense basking bulbs summer 100 watt and winter 150 watt and a Zoo Med Rep 24" fixture - depending on winter temps a 100 watt CHE -- I also have 2 small domes one in the middle of the tank by the UVB its a 75 watt keeps temps in the 90's and one by the 150 watt also a 75 watt - I monitor my temps so if need be I can shut them off if it gets too hot -- you want 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for the UVB - I have some things you can use to hang inside the tank

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 323

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
The UVB will need to go inside the tank your T 5 is a 15" fixture? I have not seen one of those they usually come in 24" of which that is what your going to need I will post a pic of Blazes tank and you can see how mine is set up -- I use Exo Terra Intense basking bulbs summer 100 watt and winter 150 watt and a Zoo Med Rep 24" fixture - depending on winter temps a 100 watt CHE -- I also have 2 small domes one in the middle of the tank by the UVB its a 75 watt keeps temps in the 90's and one by the 150 watt also a 75 watt - I monitor my temps so if need be I can shut them off if it gets too hot -- you want 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for the UVB - I have some things you can use to hang inside the tank
What is a CHE bulb? I've never heard of it. I'm considering using a MVB for his basking spot. I think the current fixture I have is 20, but the bulb is 15" - I think.

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
Also, I was planning on getting a longer UVB tube and fixture with his upgraded tank. I'm definitely not using the same one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also, I was planning on getting a longer UVB tube and fixture with his upgraded tank. I'm definitely not using the same one.
Ok a CHE is a ceramic heat emitter has heat at night its used for tank that fall below 65 -- 24" fixture for the 4x2x2 it will work fine you want a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 2ft or 24" ---- the Zoo Med will come w/a 5.0 bulb get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --
www.pangeareptiles.com the Pro T 5 is currently out of stock on this website the Nano Tech is on this website SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp

TacoDragon21

Original Poster
Ok a CHE is a ceramic heat emitter has heat at night its used for tank that fall below 65 -- 24" fixture for the 4x2x2 it will work fine you want a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 2ft or 24" ---- the Zoo Med will come w/a 5.0 bulb get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --
www.pangeareptiles.com the Pro T 5 is currently out of stock on this website the Nano Tech is on this website SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
Thank you so much!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom