LIGHT

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can used zoo med cause i cant mount it inside the enclosure, pro t5 is a beautiful product but no one is selling here in the philippines also sunblaster. My option is DIY, can you give tips/materials needed for the fixture?
You dont need to mount it in the tank - does your tank have a screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its made of plywood, i like the arcadia hood because it can be mount inside the enclosure
Ok so you should be able to use the Pro T 5 -- let me get some more help w/ this I am not a construction person -- hopefully one of them will respond today to give some input on this -- check this forum see if you can find some ideas on this here -- DIY | Bearded Dragon .org
@Claudiusx
@CooperDragon

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Ok so you should be able to use the Pro T 5 -- let me get some more help w/ this I am not a construction person -- hopefully one of them will respond today to give some input on this -- check this forum see if you can find some ideas on this here -- DIY | Bearded Dragon .org
@Claudiusx
@CooperDragon
Thank you so much! I badly neee to change UVB because im using coil as of now. And i can get my hand on arcadia t5 fixture, it would caus me alot of money to buy in amazon and takes too long to get ( i think). My best action would be DIY

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you can get a T5 grow light fixture from a gardening/hydroponics store, you can use the T5 Arcadia bulbs with it (just match the length). Those can usually be hung from the top of the tank too. You’d still need to have a bulb shipped in if they aren’t available in the Philippines though. I’m not sure of the best option for that. They do cost a lot, but they also last for several years without much reduction in output. Perhaps one of the US West coast vendors like LLL Reptile could ship reasonably.

shakeroll123

Original Poster
If you can get a T5 grow light fixture from a gardening/hydroponics store, you can use the T5 Arcadia bulbs with it (just match the length). Those can usually be hung from the top of the tank too. You’d still need to have a bulb shipped in if they aren’t available in the Philippines though. I’m not sure of the best option for that. They do cost a lot, but they also last for several years without much reduction in output. Perhaps one of the US West coast vendors like LLL Reptile could ship reasonably.
I already have a bulb which is a reptisun t5 10.0. My only problem is fixture can injust go DIY? And also I would like to know if you need a ballast to start a the reptisun t5 10.0

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I already have a bulb which is a reptisun t5 10.0. My only problem is fixture can injust go DIY? And also I would like to know if you need a ballast to start a the reptisun t5 10.0
I would think so --- all the fixtures I have posted have ballast in them so I am assuming yes - I think the control the flicker of the bulb but I am not sure --- as Cooperdragon stated can you get a grow light from a gardening place in the Philippines

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom