Light.??

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Not recommended----- please order it from Pangea or look at Pet Smart if you have one or order it from Pet Smart --- they are the best on the market -- cant stress this enough -- The Wipe Out will work for cleaner but I always recommend the F 10 --- its a concentrate and will kill about everything - there is no smell -- I use it a lot to disinfect my tanks after the dragons poop --
The petsmart here doesn't have any in stock or to be ordered online in my area, that's why I was looking at those others at Amazon.

Why arent they recommended, if they're also 10.0 t8 uvb.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The petsmart here doesn't have any in stock or to be ordered online in my area, that's why I was looking at those others at Amazon.

Why arent they recommended, if they're also 10.0 t8 uvb.?
Quality of the bulb--- you dont want something that is not very good - it will only hurt the dragon --- order it from Pangea they are really good- I get all my UVB bulbs from them --- shipping is not very expensive -

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Quality of the bulb--- you dont want something that is not very good - it will only hurt the dragon --- order it from Pangea they are really good- I get all my UVB bulbs from them --- shipping is not very expensive -
Okay, I'll look into it.

How do we know those lucky herp bulbs aren't very good.? Is there some way that gives it away. So I know in the future.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay, I'll look into it.

How do we know those lucky herp bulbs aren't very good.? Is there some way that gives it away. So I know in the future.?
The maker of the bulb ----- China is a dead give away---- Arcadias are made in Germany - Reptisuns are US - please get one of those brands you wont be sorry-- I use both of them ---

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The maker of the bulb ----- China is a dead give away---- Arcadias are made in Germany - Reptisuns are US - please get one of those brands you wont be sorry-- I use both of them ---
Okay, I'll look into them. See if I can find one on Amazon or something

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They don't have an 18

They don't have an 18 inch but I'll keep looking
How big is the tank?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
How big is the tank?
New one is 90 gallon, I believe. The light fixture we have is 18 inch, at least the bulb is.

But we still have our domes for our current tank.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Dome UVB's are no good ---- is your tank the new one that is 15" high?
The new tank is 16" tall. The fixture mounts inside the new tank at 14 inches, though.

The domes are what we have on the 40 gallon that's 16" as well. It's got that 80 watt powersun uv and the 100 watt thrive basking.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you use hot water, it needs to at or near boiling, that kindda makes it hard to use. At that temp it could crack the gkass also. I don't think peroxide does much. The reason i say boiling is some stuff like Coccidia takes temps that high to kill it, and it has to stay at that temp for 10 to 15 minutes. The wipe out is ammonia based, I'm not sure what the f10 is based in. Either way let even that stay for 10 minutes or so, then rinse it out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The new tank is 16" tall. The fixture mounts inside the new tank at 14 inches, though.

The domes are what we have on the 40 gallon that's 16" as well. It's got that 80 watt powersun uv and the 100 watt thrive basking.
Yes so the T 8 would be good for that low of a tank -- you want it unobstructed NO screen and approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- just remember to change the T 8 out in approx 5 months

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes so the T 8 would be good for that low of a tank -- you want it unobstructed NO screen and approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- just remember to change the T 8 out in approx 5 months
Okay, which T8, one of the ones I posted or a reptisun if I can find it.?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom