Light.??

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So we got some free items with our new tank. It came with a tube fixture. Not sure the brand but the bulb says its a F15 T8/ WW. What the hell is it. Can I use it.? A preliminary search says its a tropical uvb. Can I still use it.?

Attachments

• 16666241768445689289211673170323.jpg
    16666241768445689289211673170323.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 16666242004456712434852342922739.jpg
    16666242004456712434852342922739.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So we got some free items with our new tank. It came with a tube fixture. Not sure the brand but the bulb says its a F15 T8/ WW. What the hell is it. Can I use it.? A preliminary search says its a tropical uvb. Can I still use it.?
Ok so I would not use it --- you dont know how old it is and its not from a good reputable company- and no you dont want a tropical bulb- you can use the Reptisuns 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the Zoo Med fixture as they are for tropical tanks but they have certain distance and placement --- and then you would want to replace it w/ the 10.0 bulb as they are for desert animals ---

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok so I would not use it --- you dont know how old it is and its not from a good reputable company- and no you dont want a tropical bulb- you can use the Reptisuns 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the Zoo Med fixture as they are for tropical tanks but they have certain distance and placement --- and then you would want to replace it w/ the 10.0 bulb as they are for desert animals ---
So I should just get a new bulb and put it in the fixture.? The guy said he hasn't had it long, he moved and had to rehome the snake and tank he had.

Where can I get the bulb for our current fixture that'll fit.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I should just get a new bulb and put it in the fixture.? The guy said he hasn't had it long, he moved and had to rehome the snake and tank he had.

Where can I get the bulb for our current fixture that'll fit.?
Tell me what size the fixture is please ----- is it a Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro T 5?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok so try Pet Smart and see if they have them --
What about this one, if it's in stock.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-121517_PetSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-121517_PetSmart.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 63

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
You dont want a 5.0 bulb this is for fish aquariums ---- you need the 10.0 bulb-- stay w/ either a Reptisun or a Arcadia they are the best bulbs on the market now ---
Like this one.? I'm currently looking on Amazon and can't seem to find much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-122522_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-122522_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 50

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beings it housed a snake, i would sanitize the crap outta the tank. ZooMeds wipe out is good, it's ammonia based, the f10 that Karrieree recommends, or chlorhexidine would be good, you can get that at tractor supply. The chlorhexidine and ammonia are the only thing i have been able to find that will kill Coccidia. Be sure to rinse down after cleaning if you use ammonia.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Beings it housed a snake, i would sanitize the crap outta the tank. ZooMeds wipe out is good, it's ammonia based, the f10 that Karrieree recommends, or chlorhexidine would be good, you can get that at tractor supply. The chlorhexidine and ammonia are the only thing i have been able to find that will kill Coccidia. Be sure to rinse down after cleaning if you use ammonia.
F 10 is found on Amazon or Ebay and is really good

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
F 10 is found on Amazon or Ebay and is really good
I've got some zoo med wipe out cleaner for the tank. And I'm in georgia and I found this one.? It's a 10.0 t8 uvb tube

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-123252_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-123252_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 61

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Petco said I can also do hot water with a splash of peroxide. That on top of the zoo med should be good, right.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I've got some zoo med wipe out cleaner for the tank. And I'm in georgia and I found this one.? It's a 10.0 t8 uvb tube
Not recommended----- please order it from Pangea or look at Pet Smart if you have one or order it from Pet Smart --- they are the best on the market -- cant stress this enough -- The Wipe Out will work for cleaner but I always recommend the F 10 --- its a concentrate and will kill about everything - there is no smell -- I use it a lot to disinfect my tanks after the dragons poop --

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom