light fixture issues

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm having problems with my zoomed fixtures and wondering if anyone else is having issues with theirs. Im using the 36 inch zoomed fixtures with 34 inch t5 10.0 bulbs. I bought the 1st one in January i installed it, turned it on and just flicker. I exchanged it and it has worked since. I bought 2 more in April. This morning I was giving a treat to Snicker Doodle, the light flickered and is done.
My lights are mounted in my habitats and they are front opening. I don't disturb them.
Anyone else having similar issues?
I have to get a new (ANOTHER NEW) fixture tonight ...... its not gonna be zoomed I'm thinking.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Follow up, i think i will buy the Arcadia 24 inch kit. That habitat has a different setup with a high flat perch. My dragon uses it very well it also has basking overlap but it's only half the length of her habitat so i think 24 inch will be ok. The distance from bulb is 11 inches

Attachments

• 20220620_064740.jpg
    20220620_064740.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 73

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Follow up, i think i will buy the Arcadia 24 inch kit. That habitat has a different setup with a high flat perch. My dragon uses it very well it also has basking overlap but it's only half the length of her habitat so i think 24 inch will be ok. The distance from bulb is 11 inches
I had heard some of the Arcadia pro T 5 ' s were having issues as well- I haven't heard of the zoo med ones tho- where did you get them ? Pangaea is out of both 24" zoo med and Arcadia - pet mountain has them and chewy-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I bought them at a local reptile shop here in vegas. I'm fortunate we have a bunch of reptile stores here to pick from. The only downside is every darn one of them get their feeders on Wednesday so theres no variety in size 1st world problems lol !!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I bought them at a local reptile shop here in vegas. I'm fortunate we have a bunch of reptile stores here to pick from. The only downside is every darn one of them get their feeders on Wednesday so theres no variety in size 1st world problems lol !!!
Well it sounds like there were bad batches put out w/ the Arcadias - someone on here had ordered one from Pangea a while back and it was no good - as far as feeders you can get them cheaper on line -- there are lots of websites you can order from - I always tell people to not rely on pet shops especially in the winter time - we had more people complaining winter before last about not getting the dragons insects from the pet stores cuz they were out --- its better to get on line and you can have your post office hold them in the winter and you go pick up from there - that is what I do --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I used to do that also but when we moved here there is so many places to get them i kindda got out of the habit. I really should start doing it again. It is cheaper.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you sure its the fixture and not the bulb itself? If you haven't, try a new bulb in the fixture first to verify.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
As far as the light, if the Arcadia are having problem to im vexed. I dont want to use zilla they suck to. I may just hit the hardware stores and construct my own. I'm a mechanic by trade so its not out of my will house.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Are you sure its the fixture and not the bulb itself? If you haven't, try a new bulb in the fixture first to verify.

-Brandon
I did, i have a couple of them so i swapped bulbs, it won't even flicker

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I may just order one of those. I went ahead and picked up the arcadia, i can't wait on one to come in.Snickers is without any uvb today (i did put her out this morning in the sun)so now i have a bulb that 3 moths old to play with. I think I'll see what i can come up with that isn't reptile specific.(as far as fixtures) I'm guessing with a little time and effort there is a ton of stuff that would be cheaper and more importantly available just because it isn't specific use branded.
If the Arcadia gives me one iota of trouble I'll be right back here adding to your warning!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
The light in your link has piqued my interest for another reason. I was chatting the other day on here about growing dandelions hydroponicly. I may buy the light and if it don't end up in a habitat i might try it. :cool:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom