Life under social isolation or mandatory "stay home orders".

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
1 SEPT - TODAYS COVID DATA .

1-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

1-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-CASES.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

1-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

1-SEPT-SOURCES.png

1-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

1-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-NSW-QLD.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-A.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-B.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-C.png

1-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-D.png

1-SEPT-COMPARE-WAVES-1-AND-2.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

1-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

1-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

1-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

Still only 1 hospitalized in Tasmania.

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS.png

The big spike is historical deaths over a few weeks added mostly , only died that day.
1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

1-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":150al357 said:
I've been following as much as I can developments in Canada, UK, USA, NZ, PNG, Indonesia and it seems a common issue that that Gen Z and millennials don't seem to care or regard covid19 as something that's dangerous and they don't seem interested in social distancing or doing the "right thing" if they have symptoms or have been exposed.

I'm very worried that opening up colleges over there will cause an acceleration in the spread of covid19 in college towns , frathouses, student rentals ( share houses , share appartments , dorms ) .
Is stupid and avoidable , the courses ( even science & engineering ) can easily be run via ZOOM i-lectures, i-tutorials and via i-education ( lectures made avail online , with online assignment submissions ) , the only parts of courses that need face-to-face on campus are laboratories.

Spent most the afternoon gathering news from last few days . Will process and condense it per state tomorrow

It is only partly an age issue (locally anyway). A lot of it has to do with the way the media is delivering information combined with purposeful misleading and manipulation by government (especially Iowa state government and university leadership). The politicization of the issue has government entities completely ignoring data and recommendations from a world renowned group of epidemiologists working for their own university. Very discouraging to say the least. Since the infection data is being manipulated and misreported, it's difficult to be able to trust or make a lot of sense out of the department of health data. Reddit user 2eD has been trying to sort, analyze, and chart the state data as much as they can. Even then it's overly simplified. None of it takes into account the non fatal toll this is taking on people. Just very sad.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3h3ws9v0 said:
kingofnobbys":3h3ws9v0 said:
I've been following as much as I can developments in Canada, UK, USA, NZ, PNG, Indonesia and it seems a common issue that that Gen Z and millennials don't seem to care or regard covid19 as something that's dangerous and they don't seem interested in social distancing or doing the "right thing" if they have symptoms or have been exposed.

I'm very worried that opening up colleges over there will cause an acceleration in the spread of covid19 in college towns , frathouses, student rentals ( share houses , share appartments , dorms ) .
Is stupid and avoidable , the courses ( even science & engineering ) can easily be run via ZOOM i-lectures, i-tutorials and via i-education ( lectures made avail online , with online assignment submissions ) , the only parts of courses that need face-to-face on campus are laboratories.

Spent most the afternoon gathering news from last few days . Will process and condense it per state tomorrow

Not giving stats on how many "recovered" people are still off sick or in rehab here either - I think this should be added to the stats reported , it'll BE AN EYE OPENER for the folks who are downplaying the effect of covid19 on people.

Apparently there are also ongoing Ebola and Plague epidemics going on too, these barely rate a mention in the news here .
It is only partly an age issue (locally anyway). A lot of it has to do with the way the media is delivering information combined with purposeful misleading and manipulation by government (especially Iowa state government and university leadership). The politicization of the issue has government entities completely ignoring data and recommendations from a world renowned group of epidemiologists working for their own university. Very discouraging to say the least. Since the infection data is being manipulated and misreported, it's difficult to be able to trust or make a lot of sense out of the department of health data. Reddit user 2eD has been trying to sort, analyze, and chart the state data as much as they can. Even then it's overly simplified. None of it takes into account the non fatal toll this is taking on people. Just very sad.

Yep ,this is a virus that turns very healthy and able young people ( and old ) into people with likely lifelong health issues who have damaged organs and brain injuries who can take several months of rehab to get even close to "normal" endurance and physical and mental abilities . ( We call them LONG HAULERS here , it does nasty things to the heart ,lungs, circulatory system, liver, kidneys , upper and lower GIT and brain …. a Flu this is NOT ).

And your part of the world is moving toward flu season too. I think this and the flu will blow up in USA and Europe and Northern Eurasia towards Oct - Nov . My advise is do what you need to do to PROTECT #1 , you don't want to catch this virus if you can avoid it.

If you can work from home , and your partner do the same , I STRONGLY SUGGEST doing this , espec if your work place is office based or shop based ( likely poor natural air flow in/out , airconditioned and you can't control social distancing and sanitization of the lunch room, rest room, common areas, or even your workspace).
We're lucky we are both retired and homebodies and not really into social stuff , only people we've had inside have been my local fav nephew , the cop ( when I made a formal police complaint about the bad - mad next door neighbour , and the IP connection guy ( when we had too many dropouts ) , and last week the IT guy .
We masked up for the techs , and the cop masked up when he visited us .

I'd think I'd be ready to crash by now ( 2am ) , but I feel wide awake …. time to watch a zombie movie or to log in to SBS On Demand and catch the new Das Boot series .
Too bad it's too cloudy to go outside and do a nova search sweep with the 20x80 binos ,and that comet has already set , missed it's brighter period ( was raining and clouded out ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Vegging out most of today .

Just data tonight.

NSW has ramped back up towards 20 new cases per day again , and the hot weather seen in the NT and WA is expected to arrived here tomorrow and be with us for a while , NSW & QLD health are very worried about crowds heading to the beaches and undoing all the good work over the last few months controlling the spread of covid clusters.
Sydney and parts of south-eastern Australia are set for a scorching start to spring, with the New South Wales capital expected to top 29 degC on Thursday.

News highlights VERY BRIEF:

Victoria has passed the bill to extend the STATE OF EMERGENCY for 6 months longer , at the discretion of the Vic Premier , Vic Minister for Health , Vic Minister for Police & Vic CMO.
Victoria , a covidiot anti-lockdown-protester rally organiser's home raided and she has been arrested for "incitement".
Epidemiologists and doctors are calling for EVERY Victorian to tested for covid19.

NSW - Victoria now has a 50km BORDER BUBBLE in place.
NSW - 2 new cases on Central Coast ( both in same household and self quarantining.

QLD - Melbourne-based vicious & infamous bikie gang member identified-as-infected ignored his quarantine order in Melbourne to travel interstate , has been tracked down and arrested in Queensland after travelling while infectious with Covid19 (on purpose).

NZ reported 5 new cases overnight ,this bring their case load to 129 in their 2nd wave.

Australia officially in recession , our first since the mid 1970s.

2-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

2-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-CASES.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

2-SEPT-SOURCES.png

2-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

2-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

2-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS.png

Looks overall like it's going in the right direction ( down ) for Australia
2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

2-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

2-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

2-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

Still the one person hospitalized in Tasmania.

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

2-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
4 SEPTEMBER , DATA .

4-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

4-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-CASES.png

4-SEPT-SOURCES.png

4-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

4-SEPT-COMPARE-WAVES-1-AND-2.png

4-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

4-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS.png

4-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

4-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

4-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

no one hospitalised in ACT, WA, SA, NT and Tasmania.

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS-MOST-ARE-HISTORICAL-TODAY.png

Seems the Victorian health department have been collecting more historical covid deaths , 9 deaths were recorded overnight ,the rest are historical deaths in Victorian nursing homes.
81 new infections on Friday, along with the 59 deaths. Those fatalities included 50 people who died in aged care facilities in July and August, the Victoria State Health Department said in a tweet.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/wellbeing/australia-s-coronavirus-death-toll-surges-on-aged-care-fatalities/ar-BB18GSb7?ocid=msedgdhp

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

4-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Very brief update on Federal Cabinet meeting
> border closures = Tasmania ,NT and QLD are willing to relax their borders if NSW & Victoria have the 2nd wave under control , unlikely before January 2021 , so ScoMo came away empty handed on this
> WA premier says no ,not before 2021.
> No consensus on definition of Covid hotspot at today's National Cabinet meeting
> some minor relaxations of Level 4 restrictions in Melbourne to be implemented ,curfew remains in place , as do mandatory mask wearing.
> Victoria will be relaxing some restrictions BUT Victorian State Parliament have granted the option to extend the STATE OF EMERGENCY for up to 6 months at the discretion of the Victorian CMO and expert medical advise, the Victorian Premier is not interested in relaxing restriction to any great extent until the second wave in Melbourne and regional Victoria in controlled (not going for elimination of community transmission of covid19
>Vic Police have conducted raids on Anti-lockdown covidiot rally provocateurs, arresting and changing "organisers", warning made NOT participate in rallies in Victoria this weekend ( heavy police presence and swift action ( the Riot Act has been read ) will result ( arrests, very heavy fines and even prison time )
> QLD border bubble with NSW to me widened BUT QLD remains closed to ALL residents from Victoria and most from NSW.
> QLD & WA are both sticking to their guns , and will not be allowing interstate agricultural workers or FIFO mining and refinery workers in without strict Covid19 quarantine for 2 weeks at their own expense
> SA easing Coronavirus-restrictions on weddings, funerals. bars and AFL crowds
> Australia remains closed to all international visitors for now.
> the cap on repatriations for Australians who are overseas remains in place ,BUT loans are now available to those who are stranded overseas to help them cover living costs .

NZ -retains-coronavirus-measures-until-mid-September at earliest.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
5 SEPTEMBER , issues with covidiots again today , a rallies in Melbourne ( a few hundred hardcore nutters showed up , so much for the expected 15000 who said they'll be there ), seems from what I saw on the news the so called "freedom" demonstators were outnumbered my cops , I had the impression there were more mounted police than demonstrators.
Smaller "protests" happened in Sydney , Brisbane , and Byron Bay.

New cases of covid in QLD and SA overnight as well as in NSW & Victoria.
The numbers are moving in the right direction in Victoria and NSW.

The Ghan is operating again between Adelaide & Darwin..

Today's data. I'm getting a very big backlog of news to condense and post here. It will happen.

NZ recorded 2 covid19 deaths overnight.
There are currently 112 active cases in New Zealand, with one receiving treatment in an intensive care unit in Waikato Hospital.

A former prime minister of the Cook Islands turned Auckland GP is one of two people in New Zealand to die from COVID-19 in the past 24 hours.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/new-zealand-suffers-two-coronavirus-deaths-in-just-24-hours/ar-BB18IXJ0?ocid=msedgdhp

A 9 yo is now fighting for life after being admitted to Monash Hospital in Melbourne's southeast suffering PIMS-TS , this condition causes blood vessels in the body to swell which can trigger a rash, shock, severe fever, diarrhoea, vomiting and heart complications.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbourne/boy-nine-is-first-australian-to-be-struck-by-rare-covid-illness/ar-BB18ISgc?ocid=msedgdhp

5-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

5-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

5-SEPT-SOURCES.png

5-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

5-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

5-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

The is a very strong call to return to more traditional value systems where the aged aren't warehoused to wait for death ( in private for profit residential aged care homes ), this doesn't happen aboriginal and Asian cultures , the old are valued .

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

5-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

5-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

5-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

No covid19 cases in hospital in SA, WA, NT, ACT, and Tasmania.

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

5-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
6 SEPTEMBER ( FATHERS' DAY )
A LOT happened in NSW , Victoria , Qld, SA and the Federal Government today.

These are JUST the Key events in NSW & Victoria today

Victoria's Premier announces a staged evidence / science based roadmap from Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne & Stage 3 restrictions in regional Victoria. See below :
Melbourne's stage 4 restrictions could be extended until mid-October, modelling suggests
Melbourne could remain under stage-four restrictions until mid-October, according to modelling from Melbourne and New England universities, which suggests if restrictions are lifted before the 14-day average drops below 25 new cases a day there would be a third wave of infections.The modelling was released by the Victorian government in the lead-up to a much-awaited press conference by the premier, Daniel Andrews, on Sunday which will set out the plan for moving the state out of lockdown.

Stage-four restrictions, which were introduced in Melbourne on 2 August, are due to expire on 13 September. Andrews has already hinted they may be extended.

A draft version of the roadmap, obtained by Guardian Australia on Saturday, suggested that stage four could be extended to 28 September, with the added provision that people who live alone could nominate one visitor to their home. At the moment, in-house visitors are only allowed if they are intimate partners.The new modelling, circulated by the premier’s office, indicates that the restrictions could be extended until the daily case numbers average 25 new cases a day or lower – which, on the current rate of decline, would mean extending stage four for four to five more weeks.

It warns that if restrictions are lifted too early there will be a yo-yo effect, which would mean that Melbourne was lifted out of stage-four restrictions for a few weeks and then placed back under them in November or December.

Related: Melbourne anti-lockdown protests: at least 15 arrested in violent clashes with police

“In 640 out of 1,000 model simulations, reopening too early (at 25 cases per day over the fortnight, on average) causes a yo-yo effect,” the report on the modelling states.

Regional Victoria is under stage-three restrictions and was never placed under stage four.

The modelling report states that “less stringent stage three restrictions have proven ineffective in Victoria”. Under stage three even with compulsory face masks, it says, it took 49 days for the 14-day average of daily case numbers to halve. With stage-four restrictions in place for Melbourne the state’s daily case numbers were halving every 18 days.

“Keeping Stage-4 restrictions until case numbers are low enough to safely reopen will enable all Victorians to get back to Covid-normal, faster,” the report says. The modelling assumes 90% compliance with wearing face masks.

As of Friday, the 14-day average was 116 cases a day. By mid-September, the modelling shows, the 14-day average will be 63 cases a day. The report makes a point that New South Wales, in its second round of infections, has never had a 14-day average of more than 13 “domestic” cases a day.

“University of Melbourne modelling finds that it is unlikely we will have aggressively suppressed the virus by mid-September,” the report states. “If restrictions are eased while the virus is still circulating widely in the community, there is a real risk that infections will rebound – causing restrictions to be reimposed and last much longer.”

Prof Marylouise McLaws, an advisor to the World Health Organisation on Covid-19, said that the modelling was “conservative which is good,” but she would suggest stage four restrictions remain in place until the daily case numbers are in single digits.

“I would suggest that it’s still high – 25 cases in a day is still very high,” she told Guardian Australia.

But, McLaws said, the modelling was unable to distinguish between community transmission cases and those from known clusters, which would be easier to control. The government would account for that, and for compassionate issues like people struggling under lockdown, in formatting its roadmap, she said.

“If they lift the restrictions too soon I believe that behavioural factors will increase and you will have a spike again, and you don’t want that to happen. It will ruin all of the hard work.”

The epidemiologist said the government would have to allow for some easing of the rules, including potentially easing restrictions in regional areas with no active cases, to ensure continued community compliance. “Otherwise it will be very hard for the community to support the idea, they are suffering emotionally and economically and you have to factor that in,” McLaws said.

Jennifer Westacott, the chief executive of the Business Council of Australia, said she was “really worried” by suggestions Victoria’s lockdown would be extended.

“That means more job losses, more business failures,” she told ABC’s Insiders on Sunday. “It means businesses leaving Victoria. It means a sense of hopelessness that I think has crept in to Victoria, which I think is bad for people’s mental health.”

Westacott, who is also a director of Wesfarmers, questioned why large retailers such as Bunnings, Target, Kmart, Big W and Officeworks may not be allowed to reopen even if they have Covid-safe plans and there is no evidence of “customer transmissions”. Regions with no new cases should also be allowed to reopen, she argued.

The business council boss acknowledged the Victorian government had consulted business ahead of the announcement but said the process was not “good enough”. Westacott suggested employers had advance notice of the roadmap but the government had not worked with them to “to try to make sure that we don’t get a third wave and that we keep things going”.

The leaked draft roadmap suggested stage four would be extended before easing into a stage-three phase which would be more restrictive than the previous stage three. A requirement to “stay local” would remain in place and exercise limits would continue although be increased to two hours a day. Only essential retail businesses would be allowed to open.

It says stage three-restrictions could remain in place until there were fewer than 5 cases a day on average, with less than three of them from an unknown source.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/melbourne-s-stage-4-restrictions-could-be-extended-until-mid-october-modelling-suggests/ar-BB18K0GD?ocid=msedgdhp

The head of Victoria's peak business organisation has described the state's roadmap out of coronavirus restrictions as "a road to nowhere", while doctors say the plan will ultimately help the nation recover from the pandemic sooner.

In announcing his Government's much-anticipated steps to easing the nation's strictest lockdown, Premier Daniel Andrews revealed Melburnians would face another two weeks of stage 4 restrictions after September 13, but with some modifications.

It came after the state reported 63 new coronavirus infections and Government modelling predicted the state would not be in a position to begin significantly lifting restrictions by September 13, due to the risk of a third wave of coronavirus infections.

The roadmap for metropolitan Melbourne is based on the state recording a daily average of between 30 and 50 new cases by September 28 and fewer than five by late October.

Mr Andrews said the Government had no choice but to ease restrictions carefully if it was to avoid a deadly third wave.

"We can't run out of lockdown. We have to take steady and safe steps out of lockdown," he said.

Deputy Chief Health Officer Allen Cheng said at 60 or 100 cases a day, Victoria was "not even close" to being where New South Wales was in managing the spread of the virus.

"If we open up too early we risk another resurgence and undoing the work we have done," Professor Cheng said.

"The worst outcome for everyone is the need to have repeated lockdowns with the uncertainty of never knowing from week to week what we're doing. None of us would be able to plan anything.

"We have come this far now. If we can just hold on a little longer we can get ourselves into a better place where we can open up more and still maintain control."

Mr Andrews said the staged easing of restrictions would all be dependent on health advice at the time.

"We will also use some common sense," he said.

"If your 14-day average is going along well and then you happen to have one contained outbreak on the 13th day, for instance, that threw your numbers out, we would always reserve the right to apply common sense to this.

"Similarly, once we get to that COVID normal, one case or one outbreak would not be enough for us to then reimpose rules."

Businesses frustrated by gradual pace of reopening
Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry chief executive Paul Guerra said he acknowledged the state's second wave of coronavirus infections had to be contained, but the plan did not do enough to protect the business community's future.

"We were hoping for a road to recovery. Today we have been delivered a road to nowhere," he said.

"This does not deliver for the thousands of businesses that are trying to keep this state going and trying to keep their doors open.

"We can't continue to let business and jobs be decimated on the way to controlling the spread of the virus."

Mr Guerra said while there was "a glimmer of light" for regional Victorian businesses, the slow pace of restrictions easing in Melbourne was "not good enough".

He also said the health department appeared to have moved towards an eradication strategy rather than suppression as it sought zero new cases being detected before the state could reach "COVID normal".

"The virus numbers required to move from one phase to the next is so tight it's difficult to see how many businesses are going to be able to open up any time soon," he said.

Doctors back extension to Melbourne lockdown
But the plan to extend Melbourne's lockdown by another fortnight was welcomed by Australian Medical Association president Omar Khorshid, who said it was based on sound medical advice and was "in the best interest of the nation's health and the nation's economy".

"Some business leaders campaigning against isolation measures are ignoring medical evidence that easing restrictions too soon risks a third wave surge in further infections," Dr Khorshid said.

"The fall in daily infections in Victoria proves current restrictions are working. Extending these restrictions best positions the economy for a sustainable long-term recovery."

Pubs, hotels fear permanent closures due to overwhelming debt
The Australian Hotels Association said hotels and pubs faced "going over a cliff" under the extension to Melbourne's stage 4 restrictions contained in the plan.

"We are on the verge of becoming a 'welfare state' if our members are any indication as to the impact that lockdown restrictions are having on us," association president David Canny said in a statement.

"Each pub has a limit of just how much debt it can take before decisions are made to close the business for good.

"This is the cliff we are now facing. Local pubs are on the debt cliff and will never recover if they cannot reopen soon.

"We could lose the iconic corner pub because of the debt the Victorian Government restrictions have put on them."

Mr Canny said Victorian pubs had demonstrated they could responsibly address the risk of COVID-19 transmission at venues with physical-distancing plans and digital contact tracing systems.

Under the roadmap, metropolitan Melbourne hospitality venues would be able to serve seated customers from October 26 at the earliest, with mostly outdoor seating and 10-person group limits.

Premier tells businesses 'false hope is no hope'
When asked about the criticism from the business community, Mr Andrews said he understood from his parents' experience what it was like for people build a business and see it wiped away through no fault of their own.

"And I'm disappointed too that I cannot have better news for people today. But false hope is no hope," he said.

"I know people are disappointed. I'm disappointed too that we cannot open up faster. But the key point here is to open and stay open."

State Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien accused the Premier of delivering a "plan for more lockdowns" instead of a plan to reopen.

"Today Victorians have been betrayed; robbed of hope the Andrews Labor Government is getting this crisis under control or is competent to do so," he said in a statement.

"We have all played our part to stop the spread of this deadly virus, but today Labor has ripped the heart out of small business and taken a wrecking ball to our state's economy."

Restrictions no substitute for strengthening contact tracing, Federal Government says
In a joint statement, Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg and Health Minister Greg Hunt said the Federal Government would like to see restrictions in Victoria "lifted as soon as it is safe to do so", but those were decisions for the Victorian Government.

"Today's announcement from the Victorian Government to extend lockdown arrangements will be hard and crushing news for the people of Victoria, and a further reminder of the impact and costs that result from not being able to contain outbreaks of COVID-19, resulting in high rates of community transmission," the statement said.

"The proposed roadmap will come at a further economic cost.

"While this needs to be weighed up against mitigating the risk of further community outbreak, it is also true that the continued restrictions will have further impact on the Victorian and national economy, in further job losses and loss of livelihoods, as well as impacting on mental health."

The statement also highlighted the critical importance of strengthening Victoria's contact tracing system "to the highest possible levels" to support the reopening of the state.

"In NSW, this has enabled the Berejiklian Government to respond to multiple outbreaks while permitting businesses and people to carry out their daily lives in a CovidSafe way," the statement said.

"This is the way forward. Restrictions are not substitutes for strengthening health systems to cope with the virus."

The statement said the Government would review the modelling and settings behind Victoria's roadmap with its experts and officials before responding further.

When asked about contact tracing, the Victorian Premier said 93 per cent of positive cases were being interviewed within 24 hours of the health department learning of their case.

Mr Andrews said some people refused to be interviewed or could not be found despite multiple calls and doorknocking.

Contact tracing data released by the Victorian Government on Saturday stated that 99 per cent of known close contacts of positive cases were notified within 48 hours of the department learning of the case.

Sutton says late October goal of fewer than five daily cases is 'achievable'
When asked whether the roadmap's goal of a daily average of fewer than five new cases by October 26 was realistic, Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said he thought it was.

He said unlike New South Wales, which reported 10 new cases today, Victoria had restrictions in place to stop "really significant super-spreading events".

"So I think it is achievable," he said, adding the focus would be on getting on top of outbreaks in "tricky settings" like aged care.

Professor Sutton said there had been significant cultural and systemic changes across workplaces which had driven down the risk of outbreaks.

"We have seen meatworks that have had significant outbreaks that have then gone to the really robust prevention programs where they have had another case introduced and no further spread," he said.

"We have also seen cases of workplaces that have turned people away through their temperature screening, who have later turned positive.

"So they have prevented the significant outbreaks occurring."

The Premier said the handling of elective surgeries, which have been partially suspended in Melbourne hospitals, had not yet been finalised.

But he said there would be a surgery blitz as part of a plan to catch up on operations which had been postponed during the recent lockdown.

Regional Victoria 'a step ahead' of Melbourne
Mr Andrews said regional Victoria should be able to move to the third step of restrictions proposed for Melbourne "quite soon".

"It will be, perhaps, a matter of weeks before regional Victoria can move to a very different range of settings compared to metropolitan Melbourne," he said.

"That would mean more shops open, more people back at work, people still working from home in some instances, but relatively normal, certainly compared to the situation that metropolitan Melbourne will have to be in for a longer period of time."

The roadmap document released by the Government for regional Victoria suggested the regions would move to the third step once they were recording fewer than five new cases a day on average and had recorded no cases with an unknown source in the previous fortnight.

Professor Sutton said when Melbourne hit the milestones that brought it into line with regional Victoria's restrictions, that would be a "natural point" to allow travel between Melbourne and regional areas.

Geelong may need tighter restrictions to rest of regional Victoria
The Premier said the Geelong region remained "of some concern" to authorities due to its number of cases.

"Whilst we haven't redefined that — it remains part of regional Victoria for the purpose of these rules — it is fair to say Geelong is on close watch," he said.

"For instance, we wouldn't want a situation where the preconditions for moving to another set of rules for all of regional Victoria were to be held back because of case numbers just in one area, namely the Geelong corridor.

"We may have to treat Geelong separately. I'm giving people fair warning of that. I'm not actually announcing that."

Some Melbourne students may not return to classroom learning this year
Education Minister James Merlino said VCE and VCAL students across the state would be able to attend school campuses to sit tests and assessments from the first week of term four, which starts on October 5.

Mr Merlino said that included those sitting the General Achievement Test (GAT) on the Wednesday of that week.

The roadmap would see all regional Victorian students returning to classroom learning during term four, as well as the youngest and most senior students in Melbourne.

The Premier said he was not in a position to confirm whether students in Grade 3 to Year 10 in metropolitan Melbourne would be able to return to classroom learning this year.

"So I'm not saying no [to years 3-10 returning to the classroom in 2020], but I'm not in a position to be able to outline a timeline and say yes right now."

'It is selfish to protest', Premier says
When asked about the weekend's anti-lockdown protests in Melbourne, Mr Andrews said it was not safe or "smart" to protest.

"It is selfish to protest and what's more, it is unlawful," he said.

Police arrested 17 people and issued more than 160 fines after hundreds of anti-lockdown protesters marched from the Shrine of Remembrance to Albert Park Lake on Saturday.

"There is a bit of a tone around the place that 'oh, well, this is only killing older people and they were at the end of their life anyway'," Mr Andrews said.

"Well, I don't think that is a fair point to make. They are not numbers, they are people's parents and grandparents, they are uncles and aunts."

Outdoor pools and childcare could reopen this month
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/daniel-andrews-reveals-victorian-roadmap-out-of-melbourne-lockdown-and-stage-3-coronavirus-restrictions/ar-BB18KsWZ?ocid=msedgdhp

Melbourne's coronavirus restrictions roadmap: The five steps from stage 4 lockdown to 'COVID normal'
The Victorian Government has released a staged plan to ease Melbourne out of its tight coronavirus restrictions.

The plan shows stage 4 restrictions will remain in place for another two weeks, with some minor changes.

"We have to extend (restrictions), we can not open up at this time," Mr Andrews said. "If we were to, we would lose control very, very quickly."

From September 28, if the daily average of new cases remains between 30 and 50, the roadmap released by the Government states the following changes would likely apply in metropolitan Melbourne as the second step:

Public gatherings would be increased to five people from up to two households
There would be a staged return to classroom learning for prep, grade 1 and 2, VCE and VCAL and specialist schools for term four
Childcare would reopen
Outdoor personal training would be allowed with up to two people per trainer within 5km of a person's home
Outdoor pools would reopen

Religious gatherings would be allowed outdoors, with up to five people plus one faith leader
Curfew to end, 'household bubbles' could allow more visitors from October 26
From October 26, if the daily average of new cases is fewer than five and there are fewer than five cases with an unknown source in the preceding fortnight, the following changes would likely apply in Melbourne as the third step:

The curfew would be ended

There would be no restrictions on reasons to leave home and the 5km limit would end
Public gatherings would be increased to up to 10 people outdoors
A "household bubble" could be created with one nominated household, allowing up to five visitors from that household at a time (with infants under 12 months not counted as a visitor)
Grade 3 to 10 may start to return to classroom learning, subject to health advice
Hairdressing and non-essential retail would reopen
Cafes, restaurants and pubs could begin to offer dine-in service, with predominantly outdoor seated service, subject to further industry consultation
There would be a staged return to outdoor, non-contact adult sport
Real estate agents would be allowed to hold private inspections and outdoor auctions subject to gathering limits
Weddings would be allowed with up to 10 people including essential participants
Funerals would be allowed with up to 20 people (not including infants under 12 months)
Outdoor religious gatherings would be allowed for up to 10 people plus a faith leader
Accommodation could reopen "with caps per the social bubble"
Exercise facilities could reopen from November 23

From November 23, if there are no new cases in the state for 14 days, restrictions could be further eased as follows:

Public gatherings of up to 50 people would be allowed outdoors
Up to 20 visitors would be allowed inside the home
All retail businesses would be allowed to open
Hospitality would be allowed groups of up to 20 people seated indoors, with a broader cap of 50 patrons
Adult education could return to onsite learning for all with safety measures in place
Real estate could operate with safety measures and record keeping
A lifting of all exercise restrictions so facilities could reopen subject to safety measures
Weddings would be allowed 50 people including essential participants, or 20 if it is held in a private residence
Funerals would be allowed with 50 people (not including infants under 12 months)
Once the state had recorded no new cases for 28 days, and if there were no outbreaks of concern in other states and territories, most restrictions would be dropped.

But Mr Andrews said there would still be safety conditions and a phased return to onsite work for those working from home as part of the "COVID normal" phase.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/melbourne-s-coronavirus-restrictions-roadmap-the-five-steps-from-stage-4-lockdown-to-covid-normal/ar-BB18KvBm?ocid=msedgdhp

The plan is to avoid a 3rd wave and to monitor covid KPIs very closely , if covid cases increase the Victorian CMO and Premier will reverse back to harsher lockdown settings , here in Australia we value the lives of ALL citisens and are willing to sustain economic "difficulties" to minimise lives lost.

Health experts welcome Melbourne lockdown extension but question curfew
Public health experts have backed the Victorian government’s decision to extend Melbourne’s stage four lockdown and only lift all restrictions once there is no community transmission of Covid-19, but some (unnamed by SKYE NEWS experts) have questioned the effectiveness of the overnight curfew.
Dr Stephen Duckett, the health program director from the Grattan Institute, said that the roadmap was based on “conservative” modelling from a reputable group and the steps outlined by the Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews, on Sunday appeared to be on “the right track”.

Dr Stephen Duckett has held top operational and policy leadership positions in health care in Australia and Canada, including as Secretary of what is now the Commonwealth Department of Health. He has a reputation for creativity, evidence-based innovation and reform in areas ranging from the introduction of activity-based funding for hospitals to new systems of accountability for the safety of hospital care. He is an economist. Not an epidemiologist or medical doctor.

He said releasing the full three-month roadmap for lifting restrictions – and outlining the thresholds that must be met at each stage – should help maintain community support.

“It’s no longer seen as a capricious whim of ‘Dictator Dan’ but rather as an evidence-based position with clear directions around what is guiding each stage,” he said.

But Duckett said the evidence for some of the tougher measures – specifically the curfew in metropolitan Melbourne, which is currently in place from 8pm to 5am but will be reduced to 9pm to 5am from 13 September to 26 October – was IHO lacking , he's a "Skye pet expert" , he's not an epidemiologist or a medical doctor.
“The evidence for the curfew is very, very limited,” he said. << he wouldn't know , or even understand the epidemiology >>

There has been an increase in mental health presentations to general practitioners since the second wave lockdown began in Melbourne. But Duckett said measures announced on Sunday, like allowing people who live alone to have one other person visit, would go some way towards combatting the loneliness and isolation of lockdown.

“[Increased mental health presentations] is concerning but you have to have a balance,” he said. “You can’t fully lift the restrictions because you are concerned about mental health, domestic violence, and drug and alcohol issues.”

The announcement on Sunday effectively doubles the initial six-week stage four lockdown period. Victoria’s chief health officer, Prof Brett Sutton, told reporters on that setting the lockdown at six weeks back on 2 August was “in some respect guesswork” and it had become “pretty clear in the past couple of weeks” that stage four would have to be extended.

Prof Marylouise McLaws, an epidemiologist advising the World Health Organisation on its response to Covid-19, said she expected the Victorian government to balance the public health concerns with the ability of the community to continue to live under strict restrictions.

McLaws said she would like to see the average daily case numbers fall to single digits before tougher restrictions are lifted but said that may make it “hard for the community to continue to support the idea”.

“They are hurting emotionally and economically and you try to factor that in,” she told Guardian Australia.

Prof Sharon Lewin, the director of the Doherty Institute in Melbourne, said the roadmap “makes sense”.

“It is logical, it is very cautious, and it is evidence-driven, and I think each of those things are important principles, and I actually am quite appreciative that we have a government that puts health first and that is what I think the plan does,” Lewin told ABC News.

She said she was “pretty optimistic” that daily case numbers would reduce in Victoria at the rate required to meet the threshold targets for each stage of the roadmap.

Duckett said extending the lockdown was good for the economy in the medium term, saying “the best thing for the economy is to try to control the spread of the virus and get it down to zero”.

The Australian Medical Association president, Dr Omar Khorshid, said extending the lockdown would help Victoria recover from the pandemic more quickly.

“The Victorian government has made necessary decisions based on sound medical advice, in the best interests of the nation’s health and the nation’s economy,” he said.

“Some business leaders campaigning against isolation measures are ignoring medical evidence that easing restrictions too soon risks a third wave surge in further infections.”

Khorshid said that extending the restrictions would allow the economy to have a sustainable longer-term recovery.

Paul Guerra, the chief executive of the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said on Sunday that the roadmap was a “kick in the guts” that would see more businesses go to the wall.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/health-experts-welcome-melbourne-lockdown-extension-but-question-curfew/ar-BB18KYYO?ocid=msedgdhp#image=1

Melbourne Protestors
Vic police arrest 15, issue 150 infringement notices after anti-lockdown protest
A police officer has suffered lacerations following the arrest of 15 anti-lockdown protesters in Melbourne with police issuing more than 150 infringement notices.

Protesters gathered in Melbourne's CBD over the weekend to demonstrate AGAINST Victoria’s stage four lockdowns despite warnings arrests and fines would be issued by authorities.
Victoria Police released a statement saying: "14 of the arrests were for breaching the Chief Health Officer's directions, while one was for assaulting police”.

“We expect to issue further fines once the identity of individuals has been confirmed”.

Premier Daniel Andrews said those taking part in the rally were “absolutely selfish” and risked undoing the state's hard work to defeat the virus.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/daniel-andrews-reveals-victorian-roadmap-out-of-melbourne-lockdown-and-stage-3-coronavirus-restrictions/ar-BB18KsWZ?ocid=msedgdhp

More details : https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-06/when-will-regional-victoria-coronavirus-lockdown-end-roadmaps/12634548

Selfish protestors in Melbourne
Vic police arrest 15, issue 150 infringement notices after anti-lockdown protest
A police officer has suffered lacerations following the arrest of 15 anti-lockdown protesters in Melbourne with police issuing more than 150 infringement notices.

Protesters gathered in Melbourne's CBD over the weekend to demonstrate AGAINST Victoria’s stage four lockdowns despite warnings arrests and fines would be issued by authorities.

Victoria Police released a statement saying: "14 of the arrests were for breaching the Chief Health Officer's directions, while one was for assaulting police”.

“We expect to issue further fines once the identity of individuals has been confirmed”.

Premier Daniel Andrews said those taking part in the rally were “absolutely selfish” and risked undoing the state's hard work to defeat the virus.
<< needless to say - only a couple of hundred of these covidiots showed up , not the 10s of thousands they hoped for , and they were outnumbered my police and press.
And have be savaged on Facebook & Twitter and rediculed .
Most Australians have had a gut full of this kind of self centered selfish stupidity and full support the action of the police and a lot want even stiffer penalties to me imposed including huge on the spot fines and long prison sentences , we largerly see them as economic and community health saboteurs >>
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/vic-police-arrest-15-issue-150-infringement-notices-after-anti-lockdown-protest/ar-BB18KfkG?ocid=msedgdhp

And in NSW (Sydney & Byron Bay) , some copycats
Six 'anti-lockdown protesters' charged over NSW 'Freedom Day' rallies
Police in New South Wales have charged six more people after a series of anti-lockdown protests that were held in Sydney and Byron Bay.

Large-scale police operations were launched in both Sydney and Melbourne yesterday as hundreds gathered for "Freedom Day" rallies in solidarity with people living currently under stage four lockdown restrictions.

NSW Police said today in a statement that two men, aged 45 and 34, were arrested at Sydney Olympic Park during the rallies.The older man has since been charged with assaulting and resisting officers. Both men were charged with not complying with public health directions.

The pair have been granted conditional bail and are expected to appear at Burwood Local Court on September 24.

In Byron Bay, another four men were charged today after protests that were held yesterday on Johnsons Street and Bay Street.
A 34-year-old man was charged with assaulting and resisting an officer and granted conditional bail to appear at Byron Bay Local Court on September 21.

Police also charged a 36-year-old man, a 21-year-old man and a 42-year-old man with resisting, hindering or obstructing police and were also bailed to appear at the same court on September 28.

Authorities say the six charges come after three others were charged earlier over the protests and 81 Penalty Infringement Notices of $1000 each were handed out for people allegedly breaching NSW Public Health orders.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/six-anti-lockdown-protesters-charged-over-nsw-freedom-day-rallies/ar-BB18KKZE?ocid=msedgdhp

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
6 SEPTEMBER DATA
6-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

6-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-CASES.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

6-SEPT-SOURCES.png

6-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS.png

data in bubbles for CURRENT Victoria clusters > 10
6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-1.png

6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-2.png

6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-3.png

6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-VIC-4.png

data in bubbles for CURRENT NSW & QLD clusters > 10
6-SEPT-RECENT-CLUSTERS-NSW-and-QLD.png

6-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

6-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS.png

6-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

6-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

6-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

6-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

Is as plain as nose on your face , that the strategy to control covid19 spread ( even despite the failures in residential aged care = due to failures of the federal age care minister and his departments ineptitude and failure to provide adequate care in private age care homes run for profit) , and failures in quarantine motels (to provide properly trained guards and incompetent management my border force and state and federal health departments) , and despite the disobedience of a SMALL number of infected Melbournians and the attempts to sabotage the effectiveness of the Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne, and Stage 3 restrictions , and the disobedience of the covidiots labelled as "Melbourne Karens" and "Kens" to mandatory use of masks when out of the home and disodience to travel , social distancing and curfew restrictions ( some people think the rules don't apply to them and call themselves "sovereign citisens") , Victoria has been successful in turning around the daily new cases of covid19 and bringing large numbers of clusters under control and attenuating community transmssiom and avoided gong the same way as they have in Italy, France, UK, Brazil, and USA.

The positivity in Victoria has stayed under 0.9% , whereas in harder hit areas of the world where inadequate covid19 mitigation controls and restrictions have been followed , or released WAY TOO QUICKLY , positivity has been seen in places like Tx , Fl say > 20% ( a clear signal the pandemic is out of control in these places ).
Victoria and in particular Metro Melbourne could easily have seen daily case numbers over 10,000 and a cumulative death toll in the many thousands attributeable to covid19 by now had there been a less strong state government and less able State health department and hospital system who gave in to business and special interest and right wing lobbyists and a very vocal BUT SELFISH minority.

Kudos to Premier Dan and the Victorian health Department .

Victoria is aiming to get new daily covid19 cases under 5 per day with ZERO COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION ( this means only imported cases of covid19 already in QUARANTINE from interstate and international travellers ONLY ) , much the same situation as is being seen in QLD, SA , NT , WA , Tas and NZ and this is aimed for by late November.

NSW - especially Sydney ( CBD now ) are still covid19 hotspots, the NSW Premier and CMO and Health Minister MUST bite that bullet and enforce mask wearing in public to bring daily case numbers down to CONSISTANTLY LESS than 5 per day.
IMO it's not reasonable for QLD, SA, Tas, WA, or NT to open their borders to NSW and Vic residents until there is zero covid19 community transmission and NSW and Victoria have daily new covid19 cases under 5 per day for a several weeks ( I'd say 2 months ). I can't see this happening before Easter 2021 as we now moving towards summer and the "RISKYEST" time of the year when people will want to party and socialise much more , increasing the risk of superspreader events in family groups, at work places, and work-social gatherings.

Cross your fingers folks.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
7 SEPTEMBER VICTORIA

Nine more deaths in Victoria as 41 new cases reported
Victoria has recorded 41 new coronavirus cases and 9 deaths in the past 24 hours.

The fatalities include 1 woman in her 70s, 1 woman and 3 men in their 80s, 1 woman and 3 men in their 90s.
Of the deaths, 8 were linked to aged care outbreaks.

The state's death toll has risen to 675 while the total number of deaths nationwide from coronavirus is now 762.

There are 266 Victorians in hospital, including 25 patients in intensive care and 17 people on ventilators.

"Our thoughts are with those impacted," Victoria's Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement.

Today's new cases numbers are the fewest recorded in the state since June 26, when 40 cases were reported.

Yesterday Mr Andrews laid out a plan to take the state out of lockdown.

But life in Melbourne will not return to anything resembling normal until late November at the earliest.

Many industries will remain shut until late October.

Premier Andrews has defended his four step plan and said opening Victoria up too soon could trigger a third wave.

With frustration rising, Victoria's contact tracing system has again come under criticism.

Yesterday Victoria reported five deaths and 63 cases.

The update comes after the State Government unveiled its "roadmap to recovery" outlining four phases Victoria will progress through as restrictions are lifted.

Stage 4 restrictions will continue in metropolitan Melbourne for another fortnight beyond September 13, when they were originally due to end.

In order for restrictions to be lifted further on September 28, the city must record an average of between 30 and 50 new cases a day over a two-week period.

Metropolitan Melbourne currently has a 14-day new case average of 84.8, while regional Victoria has an average of 5.3 cases.

Today's number of new cases is the lowest recorded in the state since June 27.

Responding to the latest figures, Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said the state was "absolutely heading in the right direction".

"So that continues to trend down and … in the two weeks from now, we could expect it to be below 50 as a reflection of today's number," Professor Sutton said.

The Chief Health Officer said there was "potential" for some roadmap milestones to be brought forward if the state was meeting average daily cases benchmarks early.

"There's potential for that. I think we should always be in the process of continuous review," he said.

Professor Sutton's comments came as Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he hoped Victoria would reopen more quickly than outlined in the state's roadmap.

Premier Daniel Andrews said going from recording 725 cases about a month ago to 41 today showed "the strategy was working".

"I would like to open up much more quickly than we can, but … that's not a recipe for anything other than a third wave," he said.

"We always reserve the right to say ok it's going better than we thought, let's run the models again, let's have a look if we can accelerate in any given phase, any given step," he told ABC Radio Melbourne earlier this morning.

"We haven't set ourselves unrealistic goals which we won't be able to meet."

While active cases in aged care have been falling overall, the number of cases linked to an outbreak at BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee has increased by 39 in the past week.

There was a total of 193 cases linked to the home last Tuesday, and 232 today.

There are now 1,781 active cases across the state, including 95 in regional Victoria.

In Geelong, which is currently covered by regional Victoria's stage 3 restrictions, the number of active cases has dropped from 19 to 16 overnight.

"That's very pleasing given the size of Geelong and some of those transmission risks between Melbourne and Geelong — they're very pleasing numbers," the Premier said.

Yesterday Mr Andrews warned the Geelong corridor was under "close watch" and could be treated separately to the rest of regional Victoria if its case numbers did not improve at the same rate.

Business owners in Melbourne have described the extended lockdown as "gut-wrenching", and mental health workers have warned the prolonged restrictions would be tough for many people.

But Professor Sutton has said the alternative was "too awful to contemplate".

"The risk that's been mapped out by the modelling suggests that if we open too early, and if we don't follow these kind of thresholds for the next stage and the following steps, then we'll be back in a situation that we've already been through in Victoria and we don't want to be there again," Professor Sutton told the ABC earlier this morning.

Goal is to stop community transmission, Andrews says
Victoria's roadmap out of restrictions was an "aggressive suppression strategy" that aimed to eliminate community transmission in the state, Professor Sutton said.

"I understand how difficult it must be for businesses to see that [the state] is not opening as early as they would have liked," he said.

"But the risk, and it's apparent in the modelling, is that going too early with too many cases on a daily basis, just puts it at serious risk of shutting down again in coming months."

Mr Andrews said while case numbers were coming down, they were still too high to open up the state.

In today's press conference Mr Andrews pointed at overseas examples including Spain, which reopened while recording daily cases in the hundreds and recently reported more than 23,000 cases in a three-day period.

"It gets away really quickly, and then … you're back again faced with this really terrible choice that you can't leave it open, you've got to shut it down again," Mr Andrews said.

Mr Andrews said the amount of community transmission Victoria had seen meant there was likely "more of this virus out there than what the testing tells us".

The goal was to stop community transmission so that when outbreaks popped up down the track, "they'll be at such low numbers we'll be able to put the lid on those", the Premier said.

Police issued 177 fines to people for breaching coronavirus restrictions in the 24 hours to midday, including 68 for people breaching Melbourne's curfew.

One of the people fined for breaching curfew was a man collecting takeaway in person because he didn't want to pay the Uber Eats surcharge, police said.

Three people listening to music on an inflatable boat in a lake in Caroline Springs, about 20 kilometres west of Melbourne, were also issued fines.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nine-more-deaths-in-victoria-as-41-new-cases-reported/ar-BB18LRlV?ocid=msedgdhp
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/victoria-records-41-new-coronavirus-cases-and-nine-covid-19-deaths/ar-BB18LDOc?ocid=msedgdhp

Victoria faces a '60 per cent' chance of third wave if restrictions lift too early
Victoria faces a 60 % risk of enduring a 3rd wave of coronavirus before Christmas if restrictions lift too early, the state government has said.

Health Minister Jenny Mikakos told Today that modelling provided to the government by the University of Melbourne and the University of New England shows grave consequences for sudden lifting of Stage Four restrictions.

"The modelling that they developed showed us if we went too fast there would be a significant risk, more than 60 % chance of triggering a third wave before Christmas," Ms Mikakos told 9's Today.

"We are going to do this in a safe and steady way and also a sustainable way.

"We don't want to see businesses with restrictions put in place towards the end of the year and put the restriction in place limiting our movements as families and individuals."

Yesterday Premier Daniel Andrews unveiled his roadmap for the state, which included four stages each with their own complex list of lifestyle and social restrictions.

Ms Mikakos defended the plan and Victoria's response to the virus as growing criticism is laid upon the state's ability to trace positive contacts.

"We have had the highest number of tests of any State in Australia. We are on a per capita basis one of the highest testing rates in the world," Ms Mikakos told Today.

"We have got an enormous contact tracing team more than 2,600 people now part of this team. They are contact the vast majority of cases within 24 hours.

"If they can't get hold of someone on the phone they go and knock on their door."

Ms Mikakos said that ultimately Victoria will never be completely free of restrictions until a vaccine is available.

"If we do it in a safe and steady way and we can bring the case numbers down and sustain it into the long-term," Ms Mikakos said.

"We need to manage this into 2021 until we have a vaccine available in Australia and around the world and keep bringing the numbers down and manage outbreaks."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/victoria-faces-a-60-per-cent-chance-of-third-wave-if-restrictions-lift-too-early/ar-BB18LKZ8?ocid=msedgdhp

Colac Otway Shire has largest COVID-19 count in Victoria, warns others against complacency
As country Victoria comes to terms with plans to keep restrictions in place for some time yet, the Chief Health Officer has offered hope that a further relaxing of restrictions may not be far off.

The State Government's reopening road map includes plans for regional Victoria to reopen sooner than Melbourne and move to the second step at midnight Sunday, relaxing some restrictions on outdoor meetings and school attendance but keeping restrictions on hospitality businesses.

The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) has criticised the plan for not reopening fast enough.

Country areas will not move to the third step, which includes allowing restaurants to seat some patrons, until regional Victoria achieves an average of less than five new cases a day and zero cases with an unknown origin over a two-week period.

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton says regional Victoria is close to achieving the first part of the target with average daily cases sitting at just above five.

"I would expect in the two weeks from now, it will absolutely drop below five, all things being equal and without outbreaks — significant outbreaks — occurring," he said.

There are 95 active cases in regional Victoria, down from a high of 518 on August 11.

Colac a 'cautionary tale'
But as regional Victoria's numbers drop, the mayor of the town battling the largest regional outbreak has a simple message for other areas: it could happen to you.

Colac Otway Shire in south-west Victoria is confronting its second coronavirus cluster just days after controlling an outbreak that emerged from a lamb abattoir in Colac.

There are 25 active cases in the region, with the latest outbreak linked back to an essential worker who contracted the virus in a Melbourne hospital.

Mayor Jason Schram is warning the rest of the state to view the town's experience as a "cautionary tale" of just how quickly things can get out of hand.

"We're hoping to keep the numbers pretty low," Cr Schram said.

"We'd virtually eradicated that first outbreak, but it only takes one case to get back into a community and it can get out of hand pretty quickly."

The town's second outbreak spread through the town's primary employers, forcing Bulla Ice creamery and the Australian Lamb Company, where the first outbreak occurred, to temporarily shut down and test hundreds of staff.

Barwon Health infectious disease specialist Deb Friedman said she was confident Colac's latest outbreak was under control, but it was a "perfect, real-world example" of how quickly asymptomatic cases could spread the virus.

Business suffering, in debt 'forever'
VECCI chief executive Paul Guerra said he wanted businesses in regional Victoria to reopen sooner rather than later.

"If we can't get businesses opened up sooner we will see more businesses close and therefore jobs lost and it's harder in regional Victoria than what it is in metropolitan Victoria," he said.

In East Gippsland, which has two active cases, Bairnsdale Terminus Hotel working director Kylie Tabone says it is "unfair" to treat regional Victoria as one entity when it comes to reopening.

"Unfortunately, we can't be responsible for the rest of Victoria," she said.

It's just really, really difficult."

Ms Tabone said business expenses such as WorkCover payments continued to mount.

"If you don't trade for nine months, it's pretty impossible to stay afloat," she said.

"It means that I'm going to be in debt forever."

No new cases in Geelong
When Premier Daniel Andrews outlined the regional Victoria roadmap yesterday, he flagged case numbers in the Geelong corridor could see it excluded from the rest of regional Victoria.

He did not want Geelong's higher case numbers to delay the reopening of other regional areas.

But today brought some good news for the hundreds of thousands of people living in Geelong and the surrounding area, with a further decline in active cases.

Mr Andrews said Greater Geelong recorded no new cases overnight, which brought its total active cases down to 16, three fewer than yesterday.

"That's very pleasing given the size of Geelong and some of those transmission risks between the west of Melbourne and Geelong," he said.

Professor Sutton also said he hoped to keep all of regional Victoria on the same setting.

"We have talked about Geelong, and surrounding local government areas, as having greater mobility to the western suburbs of Melbourne where there are still active cases, but they're doing very well at the moment," he said.

"So I think, fingers crossed, Geelong is on exactly the same setting as the rest of Victoria."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/colac-otway-shire-has-largest-covid-19-count-in-victoria-warns-others-against-complacency/ar-BB18MeoF?ocid=msedgdhp

Victoria's coronavirus restrictions could be eased earlier if COVID-19 cases are low enough, CHO Brett Sutton says
Melbourne could be released from lockdown earlier than expected if case numbers drop ahead of the dates outlined in the roadmap, Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said.

Professor Sutton said while September 28 was locked in as a "hard date" — the earliest possible opportunity for Melbourne to move from the first to second step in the road to reopening — all future dates were open to review, pending case numbers.

"I think we would always go through a process of review," he said.

"We wouldn't say different circumstances shouldn't lead to a relook at how we're tracking and the risk of moving to a different stage."

But he warned that would only happen if the data and modelling indicated it was safe.

"Everyone would welcome an earlier opening rather than a later one," he said.

"I just don't want to be giving that promise in advance of knowing how we're tracking."

Professor Sutton also warned the opposite could happen and the dates could be pushed out if numbers were not falling fast enough. The dates are all conditional on reaching target average daily case counts.

"They are indicative dates," he said.

"We could miss them on the one hand because we don't get to those numbers, but we should also reflect on being in a much more successful position earlier on and to give consideration to [exiting restrictions] earlier."

Victoria on track to meet first targets
Professor Sutton said metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria, which are on two separate timelines, were both on track to meet their first benchmarks.

Regional Victoria's 14-day average of new cases is just above five, but needs to get below five if it is to move from the second to third step.

"I would expect in the two weeks from now it will absolutely drop below five, all things being equal and without significant outbreaks occurring," Professor Sutton said.

Melbourne needs to achieve a 14-day average below 50 if it is to move from the first to second step on September 28.

"For metro Melbourne that average in the last 14 days has been closer to 100 but we have to consider that it was close to 400 only a month ago," Professor Sutton said.

"So that continues to trend down and, again, in the two weeks from now we can expect it to be below 50 as a reflection of today's number."

Victoria recorded 41 new coronavirus cases today, the state's lowest single-day increase since June.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has said he hoped the dates outlined in the roadmap were a "worst-case scenario" and the state could open up more quickly.

"I see it as a starting point in terms of how this issue will be managed in the weeks and months ahead in Victoria," he said.

Some flexibility around zero new cases target
Melbourne needs to achieve a 14-day average of fewer than five daily cases in order to scrap the curfew and abolish the four reasons for leaving home on October 26.

There also needs to be no more than five mystery cases in that two-week period.

One month later, on November 23, the target for moving to the next stage is zero new cases for two weeks.

Professor Sutton was asked whether that was a realistic target.

"We'll see when we get there," he said.

But the Chief Health Officer said he would still consider moving to the fourth step even if one or two cases were detected during that fortnight.

"Whenever you see jurisdictions that are in the ones and twos that have days of zeros and they've got international travel closed off, then they almost invariably get to the point of zero transmission," he said.

"So if we're there, it'll be pretty clear that we can take the next step.

"If we have very low numbers and they are stubborn and persistent and we cannot get rid of it otherwise, but we can keep them under control, then we'll carry on with that strategy."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/victoria-s-coronavirus-restrictions-could-be-eased-earlier-if-covid-19-cases-are-low-enough-cho-brett-sutton-says/ar-BB18LZwb?ocid=msedgdhp

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
7 SEPTEMBER NSW

NSW coronavirus cases grow by 4, with 3 healthcare workers at Sydney hospitals testing positive
Authorities in NSW have confirmed four new coronavirus infections, including three healthcare workers at two Sydney hospitals.

One of the infections is a returned traveller in hotel quarantine, while the other three cases are healthcare workers at Concord Hospital and Liverpool Hospital.

One person worked at Concord emergency department on September 1 from 7:00pm to 7:00am while infectious, NSW Health said.

Two other healthcare workers completed several shifts in Liverpool Hospital's emergency department from September 2-4.

"The three newly-reported health workers reported having no symptoms while at work and wore personal protective equipment (PPE) while caring for patients," a NSW Health spokesperson said.

A visitor to Concord's emergency department has also tested positive for COVID-19 after visiting on September 1.

The case will be included in tomorrow's numbers as it fell outside the reporting period.

"Patients considered close contacts and all staff working at Concord and Liverpool EDs at the same times as the positive cases are being isolated and tested," a spokesperson said.

NSW's chief health officer Kerry Chant said authorities were not yet able to determine the source of the infections, as workers were clad in PPE gear at the time.

Meanwhile, a student from Lidcombe Public School has been cleared after initially testing positive to COVID-19.

The school was closed for cleaning today and will resume on-campus teaching tomorrow, after the student's follow-up test showed a negative result.

Although the majority of COVID-19 transmissions are thought to be via person-to-person contact, Dr Chant said they were exploring whether contaminated surfaces were to blame.

"We're very keen to look at how transmission occurred in these settings," she said

"At the moment, for some of the cases, there isn't that clear cut, direct contact without a surgical mask," she said.

"We are exploring avenues of whether there may be fomite transmission — if someone has contaminated their hands, touched items, and then inadvertently another person who has had their hands contaminated touches their eyes or mouth, or adjusts their mask."

A total of four healthcare workers across Concord and Liverpool emergency departments have now tested positive for COVID-19.

Previously a healthcare worker worked two shifts while infectious across both Concord and Liverpool Hospitals.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian today confirmed school formals and graduation ceremonies would go ahead in term 4, subject to COVID-19 guidelines.

Ms Berejiklian said Dr Chant would release guidelines on Friday which would stipulate the health protocol of the events, including social distancing and rules around seating.

"It may not be the same exactly as what happened in previous years... but you will have something to look forward to after the HSC," Ms Berejiklian said.

Dr Chant said health authorities were seeking consultation from the education sector on "how we can conduct dancing safely, how we can encourage that intermingling, signing of books and other activities".

There were 10,129 tests recorded yesterday, down substantially from the previous day's total of more than 38,500.

NSW Health said Saturday's high number of tests were the result of a private laboratory failing to report a prior period's testing numbers to the Government.

Some 18,956 swabs were added to NSW's testing numbers from August 20 to September 2, all of which were negative, a spokesperson added.

"There was no impact on the timely notification of results to any individual tested," the spokesperson said.

"The private facility has now resolved the issue."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nsw-coronavirus-cases-grow-by-four-three-healthcare-workers-at-sydney-hospitals-test-positive/ar-BB18LdWj?ocid=msedgdhp

Sydney healthcare workers test positive to coronavirus as state records four new cases - Three of the four new COVID-19 cases in NSW are Sydney healthcare professionals who worked at Sydney's Concord and Liverpool hospitals.
There are four new cases of coronavirus in NSW, three of whom are healthcare workers at two Sydney hospitals and one a returned overseas traveller in hotel quarantine.

NSW Health said the four new cases were diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday night, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 3,929.

There were 10,129 tests reported in the 24-hour reporting period, compared with 38,526 in the previous 24 hours - but the latter number includes 18,956 tests conducted by a private laboratory between August 10 and September 2, not previously reported to NSW Health.

The three infected healthcare workers were diagnosed after investigations into the healthcare worker case reported on Saturday who worked at the emergency departments in Sydney's Concord Repatriation General Hospital and Liverpool Hospital.

Four healthcare workers across Concord and Liverpool EDs have now tested positive.

The previously reported health care worker worked two shifts while potentially infectious. These shifts took place at Concord Emergency Department last Tuesday from 2pm until midnight and at Liverpool ED on Thursday from 8am to 6pm.

The health care worker reported wearing full PPE for all patient interactions and a mask at other times. The person was isolated and was tested immediately on developing symptoms.

The three new cases reported on Monday are:

A healthcare worker who worked at Concord ED on Tuesday from 7pm until 7am while potentially infectious
Two healthcare workers who worked at Liverpool ED on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
The three newly reported health workers reported having no symptoms while at work and wore personal protective equipment while caring for patients.

In addition, overnight a new case has been reported in a visitor to a patient at Concord ED last Tuesday and that case will be reported in Tuesday's numbers.

Patients considered close contacts and all staff working at Concord and Liverpool EDs at the same times as the positive cases are being isolated and tested. Investigations into the source of these infections are ongoing.

School closures
Meanwhile, two Sydney schools are closed after students tested positive while the number of cases linked to a CBD gym has grown to 64.

The prestigious Kincoppal-Rose Bay School in Sydney's east is closed for on-site learning on Monday after two Year 7 students were among the 10 new cases reported in NSW on Sunday.

Lidcombe Public School in western Sydney is also closed after a new case was linked to the school.

Both schools are undergoing deep cleaning and contact tracing is under way.

NSW Health is treating 83 COVID-19 cases, including seven in intensive care, four of whom are being ventilated.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sydney-healthcare-workers-test-positive-to-coronavirus-as-state-records-four-new-cases

2 mystery COVID-19 cases in NSW
There have been two more mystery cases in NSW validating the government's decision to keep nursing homes closed for Father’s Day celebrations.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/coronavirus-two-mystery-covid-19-cases-in-nsw/vi-BB18KI3K?ocid=msedgdhp

Coronavirus Alerts for these NSW venues
Below is a list of locations linked to NSW coronavirus clusters, and what to do if you have been to one of them.

Immediately self-isolate and get tested
If you have been to the below locations, you must immediately self-isolate and get a coronavirus test. You must remain in quarantine for the full two weeks even if the test returns a negative result.

Hunters Hill, Hunters Hill Bowling Club (indoor dining room): 12pm to 2pm on Sunday August 23 (People who attended other areas of the club should monitor for symptoms and if they develop, get tested right away and isolate)
Marrickville, Anytime Fitness: 7pm-8pm on Monday August 24 (Anyone at the gym at this time is considered a close contact and is required to immediately get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days until 8 September. )
Moorebank, New Brighton Golf Club: 6:15pm on Friday August 28-12:30am on Saturday August 29 (Anyone who was at the club for two hours or more between 6:15pm and 12:30am is considered a close contact and must get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days until 11 September)
Newtown, It's Time For Thai: 5pm-8pm on Friday August 28
Newtown, Kuleto's Cocktail Bar: 6.30pm-9.30pm on Friday August 28 (People who attended for at least one hour must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days since they were there (until midnight on 11 September), and stay isolated for the entire period, even if a negative test result is received.)
Paddington, Four in Hand Pub: 6.30pm-10pm on Wednesday August 26 (Self-isolate and get tested immediately if you were at this location for more than two hours at this time and date.)
Prestons, Life in the Spirit Ministry: 12.30pm-2.30m on Sunday, August 30 (self isolate and get tested immediately if you attended this service.)
Randwick, Fitness First: 3:30pm to 4:15pm on Sunday August 23 (Anyone who visited the weights room at the gym at this time is considered a close contact and is required to immediately get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days until 8 September)
Sydney, City Tattersalls Fitness Centre: 8am-2pm on Wednesday August 19; 8am-2pm on Friday August 21 (this applies to the Aqua Aerobics from 10am-10:45am , Stretch Class from 11am to 11:50am , Pump Class from 12:15pm to 1pm); 8am-2pm on Sunday August 23, 8am-2pm Monday August 24, 8am-2pm Tueday August 25 (Other members of City Tattersalls should get tested if they have even the mildest symptoms. Anyone who attended the Club between Tuesday 4 August and Tuesday 18 August 2020 should get tested for COVID-19, regardless of symptoms, and self-isolate until a negative test result is received. If you receive a negative result, you can leave isolation.)
Sydney, Hyde Park Medical Centre: Monday August 24 -Saturday September 5 (Anyone who worked at Hyde Park Medical Centre (including physiotherapy, pathology, dermatology and dental practices and pharmacy on the ground floor of the building) should get tested for COVID-19 immediately and self-isolate until a negative result is received. If you are contacted by NSW Health and identified as a close contact you must immediately self-isolate for 14 days and stay isolated for the entire period, even if a negative test result is received. Anyone else who visited should monitor for symptoms and get tested for COVID-19 if they have even the slightest symptoms, and self-isolate until a negative result is received.)
Zetland, Active Dance class, Virgin Gym: People who attended the Active Dance class at 7:40pm on Monday August 24
Monitor for symptoms
Balgowlah, Fitness First: 9am-12pm on Sunday August 23 (If you are contacted by NSW Health and identified as a close contact you must immediately self-isolate for 14 days.)
Balmain,Chemist Warehouse: 2pm-2:30pm on Friday August 28
Balmain, Woolworths: 10am-11am on Thursday August 27
Balmain Community Pharmacy: Monday, August 31 from 11am-11.20am
Bondi Junction, Platinum Fitness First: 7am-5pm Monday August 31 (Attendees will be contacted and advised by NSW Health whether they are casual or close contacts. Anyone who attended during this time and develops symptoms should immediately self-isolate and get tested)
Camperdown, Quality Suites (foyer): 3:15pm-4:30pm on Saturday August 29
Camperdown, Rydges Hotel: 2pm-3:15pm on Saturday August 29
Camperdown, Carslaw Building toilets, University of Sydney: 8pm-8:20pm Friday August 28
Chatswood, Gram Cafe and Pancakes: Thursday, August 27 from 11.10am-12.15pm
Chatswood, Sushi Rio: 5:45pm to 7:30pm on Thursday August 27
Chatswood Westfield: Thursday, August 27 from 1pm-1.50pm
Glebe, Broadway Shopping Centre: 3:30pm-5pm on Saturday August 22, including Apple Store from 3:40pm-4:40pm
Greystanes, Metro Fuel: 3:15pm-3:35pm on Thursday August 27
Hornsby, PRP Diagnostic Imaging: 10am-11:15am on Monday August 24
Hurlstone Park, Metro Petroleum: 10.20am-10.30am Monday August 24
Lidcombe, Leaf Cafe & Co: Monday, August 31 from 11.30am-1.30pm
Malabar, Randwick Golf Club: 11:50am-12:20pm on Tuesday August 25
Manly, 4 Pines Manly Brew Pub: 3:30pm-5pm on Sunday August 23
Marrickville, Eat Fuh: 5:20pm-5:40pm on Sunday 23 August
Marrickville, Liquorland: 5:15pm-5:30pm on Sunday 23 August
Merrylands, Big Bun: 3:30pm-4pm on Thursday August 27
Merrylands, Stockland: 9am to 11am on Saturday August 29
Mosman, Archie Bear café, Mosman Rowers: 11am-midday on Monday August 24; 9am-9.30am on Tuesday August 25
Newtown Train Station: 5:10pm-5:20pm on Friday August 28
Newtown BWS (123 King Street): 5:15pm-5:40pm on Friday August 28
Newtown Off Ya Tree: 7:15pm-7:55pm on Friday 28 August
North Strathfield, Aldi: 10am-10:30am on Tuesday September 1
Padstow, Bunnings Warehouse: 12pm-2pm on Thursday 27 August
Prestons, God's Power Ministries: 2.50pm-3.30pm Sunday August 30
Rosebery Post Shop, 371 Gardeners Road: 1:30pm-1:40pm on Wednesday August 26
St Ives Shopping Centre, 166 Mona Vale Road: 2:30pm-3:30pm on Monday August 24; 5:30pm-6:00pm on Wednesday August 26
St Ives Shopping Centre Coles: 1pm-2pm on Friday August 28
Sydney, 300 George Street: Wednesday 19 August; Thursday 20 August; Friday 21 August; Monday 24 August
Sydney, Virgin Active Margaret Street: 5:10pm to 6:40pm on August 26 (If you are contacted by NSW Health and identified as a close contact you must immediately self-isolate for 14 days )
Sydney, Virgin Active Pitt Street: 5pm-6.30pm on Tuesday August 25 (If you are contacted by NSW Health and identified as a close contact you must immediately self-isolate for 14 days)
Sydney, Virgin Active Margaret Street: 5.10pm-6.40pm on Wednesday August 26
Wahroonga: Parish of Holy Name: 9:30am-10:15am on Sunday August 23
Waitara, Magpies Waitara: 11:30am-1:15pm on Monday August 24
Wollstonecraft, Mater Clinic: 8.30am-8am on Friday August 28
Zetland, Virgin Gym: 7:30pm-10pm on Monday 24 August (people who did not attend the Active Dance class at 7:40pm)
Sydney bus and train routes: Passengers have been asked to monitor for symptoms if they travelled on a number bus or train routes. See the full list here, or in the table above.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/get-tested-for-coronavirus-if-you-have-been-to-these-nsw-venues/ar-BB16Q2Yg?ocid=msedgdhp

Kincoppal-Rose Bay school COVID-19 cases linked to Sydney CBD coronavirus cluster
NSW has reported 10 new COVID-19 cases yesterday, including 2 schoolchildren linked to the Sydney CBD cluster.

Kincoppal-Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart is closed on Monday while contract tracing and cleaning is undertaken after two year 7 students tested positive for COVID-19.

The school told parents on Saturday night it was working with health authorities to follow health advice.

"Students, their families and school staff have been informed of the infection, and the school is working closely with NSW Health to ensure they receive appropriate medical support," the school said in a Facebook post.

Of the 10 cases reported, two — a man in his 40s from northern Sydney and a child from Western Sydney — are under investigation.

The child attends Lidcombe Public school.

The school is being cleaned and contract tracing is underway.

Four cases are returned travellers in hotel quarantine.

Four cases are linked to known clusters: three from the CBD cluster, while another is a contact of a previously reported case.

The CBD cluster now has a total of 64 positive cases.

NSW Health has also issued a health alert for the Hyde Park Medical Centre on Liverpool Street in the city.

One of Sunday's reported cases visited the centre and health authorities are assessing the risk.

NSW Health is investigating whether there was exposure from the centre and its various practices and the ground floor pharmacy between the dates of August 24 to September 5.

There were 38,526 tests included in the reporting period.

NSW Health said that number includes 18,956 tests done by a private laboratory between August 10 and September 2, which were not previously reported to the authority.

All of the extra tests had negative results.

Ninety people are being treated for COVID-19 by NSW Health, with seven in intensive care.

To date, the state has recorded 3,925 cases and 54 deaths.

Meanwhile, police at a border checkpoint near Albury caught a 41-year-old woman hiding in the boot of a car on Saturday morning.

The driver, a 34-year-old man, had a permit to cross into NSW but was arrested because his driver's licence was disqualified

Upon searching his car police found the woman, who did not have a valid permit to enter the state.

She was directed to return to Victoria and left in the same car, but allegedly drove straight through a red light.

She was issued traffic infringements for running the red light and not wearing a seatbelt, and fined $1,000 for breaching COVID-19 restrictions.

The man was refused bail and is due to face Albury Local Court on Monday.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/kincoppal-rose-bay-school-covid-19-cases-linked-to-sydney-cbd-coronavirus-cluster/ar-BB18KuvI?ocid=msedgdhp

Year 12s will be happy in NSW - School formals given the green light in NSW
Official graduation events will be allowed in term four after the HSC exams.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/coronavirus-school-formals-given-the-green-light-in-nsw/vi-BB18MndZ?ocid=msedgdhp

NSW Covid-19 hotspots: list of regional and Sydney outbreak locations
List of outbreaks in NSW
If you were at the following venues on these dates you must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, even if your test is negative.

Four in Hand Pub, Paddington: 6.30pm to 10pm on Wednesday 26 August, guests who attended downstairs at this time for more than two hours
It’s Time For Thai, Newtown: 5pm to 8pm on Friday 28 August
Kuleto’s Cocktail Bar, Newtown: 6.30pm to 9.30pm on Friday 28 August
Anytime Fitness, Marrickville: 7pm to 8pm on Monday 24 August
City Tattersalls fitness centre, Sydney: 8am to 2pm on Wednesday 19 August,8am to 2pm on Friday 21 August, 8am to 2pm on Sunday 23 August. Other members of City Tattersalls should get tested if they have even the mildest symptoms.
Hyde Park Medical Centre, Sydney: Monday 24 August to Saturday 5 September. Anyone who worked at Hyde Park Medical Centre (including physiotherapy, pathology, dermatology and dental practices and pharmacy on the ground floor of the building) should get tested immediately and self-isolate until a negative result is received.
Virgin Gym, Zetland: People who attended the active dance class at 7.40pm on Monday 24 August.
Fitness First, Randwick: Wednesday 19 August, 3.30pm to 4.15pm
Life in the Spirit Ministry, Prestons: Sunday 30 August, 12:30pm to 2:30pm
New Brighton Golf Club, Moorebank: 6:15pm on Friday 28 August to 12:30am on Saturday 29 August
With the growing number of cases in the area, NSW Health is asking all people who live in, or have visited, the following areas in the past two weeks to get tested if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 at all, even the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat.

Bankstown (suburb)
Cumberland local government area (LGA)
City of Sydney (East) LGA (includes central Sydney and the suburbs Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Woolloomooloo, Potts Point, Rushcutters Bay, Elizabeth Bay, Centennial Park)
Fairfield LGA
Ku-ring-gai LGA
Liverpool LGA
Mt Druitt (suburb)
Parramatta LGA
Randwick LGA
Sutherland LGA
Waverley LGA
Willoughby LGA
Woollahra LGA
If you were at any of the following locations on these dates, monitor yourself for symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if symptoms occur.

Chemist Warehouse, Balmain: 2pm to 2.30pm on Friday 28 August
Woolworths, Balmain: 10am to 11am on Thursday 27 August
Balmain Community Pharmacy, Balmain: 11am to 11:20am on Monday 31 August
Platinum Fitness First, Bondi Junction: 7am to 5pm on Monday 31 August
Quality Suites (foyer), Camperdown: 3:15pm to 4:30pm on Saturday 29 August
Rydges Hotel, Camperdown: 2pm to 3.15pm on Saturday 29 August
University of Sydney Carslaw building toilets, Camperdown: 8pm to 8.20pm on Friday 28 August
Sushi Rio, Chatswood: 5.45pm to 7.30pm on Thursday 27 August
Westfield, Chatswood: 1pm to 1:50pm on Thursday 27 August
Gram Café and Pancakes, Chatswood: 11:10am to 12:15pm on Thursday 27 August
Broadway shopping centre, Glebe: 3.30pm to 5pm on Saturday 22 August
Broadway shopping centre Apple Store, Glebe: 3.40pm-4.40pm on Saturday 22 August
Metrol Fuel, Greystanes: 3.15pm to 3.35pm on Thursday 27 August
PRP Diagnostic Imaging, Hornsby: 10am to 11.15am on Monday 24 August
Metro Petroleum, Hurlstone Park: 10.20am to 10.30am on Monday 24 August
Leaf Café & Co, Lidcombe: Lidcombe Shopping Centre11:30am to 1:30pm on Monday 31 August
Randwick Golf Club, Malabar: 11.50am to 12.20pm on Tuesday 25 August
Big Bun, Merrylands: 3.30pm to 4pm on Sunday 23 August
Stockland, Merrylands: 9am to 11am on Saturday 29 August
Archie Bear cafe, Mosman Rowers: 11am to 12pm on Monday 24 August and 9am to 9.30am on Tuesday 25 August
Newtown Train Station, Newtown: 5.10pm to 5.20pm on Friday 28 August
BWS, Newtown: 5.15pm to 5.40pm on Friday 28 August
Off Ya Tree Clothing, Newtown: 7.15pm to 7.55pm on Friday 28 August
Aldi, North Strathfield: 10am to 10:30am on Tuesday 1 September
Bunnings Warehouse, Padstow: 12pm to 2pm on Thursday 27 August
God’s Power Ministries Heckenberg, Prestons: 2:50pm to 3:30pm on Sunday 30 August
Rosebery post shop, Rosebery: 1.30pm to 1.40pm on Wednesday 26 August
St Ives shopping centre, St Ives: 2.30pm to 3.30pm on Monday 24 August and 5.30pm to 6pm on Wednesday 26 August
Coles St Ives Shopping Centre, St Ives: 1pm to 2pm on Friday 28 August
300 George Street, Sydney: Wednesday 19 August, Thursday 20 August, Friday 21 August, Monday 24 August
Virgin Active Mary Street, Sydney: 5.10pm to 6.40pm on Wednesday 26 August
Virgin Active Pitt Street, Sydney: 5pm to 6.30pm on Tuesday 25 August
Warriewood Shopping Centre, Warriewood: 12.30pm to 2.30pm on Saturday 29 August, including Kmart, Coles, Aldi and the food court
Magpies Waitara restaurant, Waitara: 24 August from 11.30am to 1.15pm
Mater Clinic, Wollstonecraft: 8.30am to 9am on Friday 28 August
Virgin Gym, Zetland: 7.30pm to 10pm on Monday 24 August (applies to members who did not attend the 7.40pm active dance class)
If you travelled on any of the following public transport routes on these dates, monitor yourself for symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if symptoms occur.

Thursday 20 August and Friday 21 August:

Bus route 755, at 5.18am, from Mount Druitt station to Shalvey shops
Bus route 755, at 5.35am, from Shalvey shops to Mount Druitt
Bus route 758, at 6.01am, from Mount Druitt station to St Mary’s station
Bus route 758, at 6.35am, from St Mary’s station to Mount Druitt station
Bus route 723, at 7.14am, from Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
Bus route 731, at 8.15am, from Blacktown station to Rouse Hill station
Bus route 752, at 9.03am, from Rouse Hill station to Blacktown station
Bus route 755, at 10.47am, from Plumpton marketplace to Mount Druitt station
Bus route 756, at 11.29am, from Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
Bus route 728, at 12.16pm, from Blacktown station to Mount Druitt station
Monday 24 August:

Bus route 6546, at 2.36pm, from St Clare Catholic high school
Bus route 6583, at 3.15pm, from Patrician Brothers’ college to Blacktown station via Blacktown South public school and St Patrick’s primary school
Bus route 728, at 3.34pm, from Blacktown station to Mount Druitt station
Bus route 756, at 4.32pm, from Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
Bus route 730, at 5.25pm, from Blacktown station to Castle hill shopping centre
Bus route 730, at 6.18pm, Castle Hill from to Blacktown station
Bus route 723, at 7.48pm, from Blacktown station to Mount Druitt station
Bus route 750, at 8.38pm, from Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
Bus route 750, at 9.14pm, from Blacktown station to Mount Druitt station
Bus route 758, at 9.50pm, from Mount Druitt station to Emerson/Luxford
Bus route 729, at 10.37pm, from Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
Bus route 731, at 1.32pm, from Blacktown station to Rouse Hill station
Central coast train, at 6.49am from Woy Woy, arriving 8.05am at Wynyard, stopping at Woy Woy, Berowra, Hornsby, Gordon, Chatswood, Artarmon, St Leonards, Wollstonecraft, Waverton, North Sydney, Milsons Point, Wynyard
Central Coast train, at 5.31pm from Town Hall, arriving 6.53pm at Woy Woy, stopping at Town Hall, Wynyard, Milsons Point, North Sydney, Waverton, Wollstonecraft, St Leonards, Artarmon, Chatswood, Gordon, Hornsby, Berowra, Woy Woy
Tuesday 25 August:

Central Coast train, at 6.49am from Woy Woy, arriving 7.36pm at Gordon, stopping at Woy Woy, Berowra, Hornsby, Gordon
Central Coast train, at 7.53am from Hornsby, arriving 8.28am at Woy Woy, arriving at 8.28am, direct
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nsw-covid-19-hotspots-list-of-regional-and-sydney-outbreak-locations/ar-BB18LUJb?ocid=msedgdhp

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
7 SEPTEMBER QLD

Queensland records two new cases of coronavirus as Ipswich Hospital cluster grows
Queensland has recorded two new cases of coronavirus overnight.

Health Minister Steven Miles said one, a woman in her 30s, was a healthcare worker at Ipswich Hospital.

There are now a total of five cases connected to the Ipswich Hospital cluster who have tested positive, including staff and family members of staff.

The other positive case overnight was a woman in her 20s who was a household contact of a known case.

Director General of Queensland Health John Wakefield said the Ipswich Hospital worker had been in quarantine when she tested positive.

"She was identified as a contact of that previous case," Dr Wakefield said.

"In that way, we knew she was in a place of safety, if you like, in terms of her quarantine, and she was obviously subsequently found to be positive after that test."

He urged any Queenslander who experienced cold and flu symptoms to be tested for COVID-19 and to remain in quarantine until they received a negative test result.

Elective surgery reduced
More than 200 Ipswich Hospital staff are now in quarantine but Dr Wakefield said the hospital was still operational.

"Elective surgery has had to be reduced, that's just simple arithmetic," he said.

Elective surgery patients will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to see if they can have their procedures done at a private hospital instead.

"It would not be right for the patients of West Moreton to suffer [from] less access to services whilst our other health services are going full-pelt on elective surgery," Dr Wakefield said.

Other large health services around Brisbane have also been put on alert and are ready to help maintain hospitals in West Moreton if any more staff test positive.

Trial to test for COVID-19 in pharmacies
A trial to test people for COVID-19 in pharmacies is in the works with the Deputy Premier saying he wants to see more testing conducted across the state.

"People are still going to pharmacies to get Strepsils, to get cold and flu drugs, to get medications for the kind of symptoms that we want to test for COVID-19," Mr Miles said.

"This is a chance for them to be told in the pharmacy, 'you should get a COVID-19 test and we can offer that for you on the spot'.

"It is small scale very safe and designed to opportunistically test people with the symptoms that we want to test for COVID-19 who are there already."

Queensland is edging closer to conducting 1 million tests, recording more than 960,000 so far.

Prison lockdowns continue
Mr Miles said prison lockdowns would be in place until a full fortnight had passed since the first case from the cluster was infectious.

Once the two week mark has passed prisons around Queensland will start easing restrictions.

"Clearly corrections is keen to do that as quickly as they possibly can," Mr Miles said.

"It will happen at different prisons depending on when they were potentially exposed."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/brisbane/queensland-records-two-new-cases-of-coronavirus-as-ipswich-hospital-cluster-grows/ar-BB18LWlJ?ocid=msedgdhp

5th health care worker tests positive in Queensland
A fifth health care worker at the Ipswich Hospital, west of Brisbane, has tested positive to COVID-19.

The woman in her 30s was one of two new cases announced this afternoon, which also included a woman in her 20s who was a contact of a known case.

Queensland's Deputy Premier Steven Miles said the additional cases took the number of active cases in the state to 25.

More than 6000 tests were conducted over the past 24 hours, including more than 500 on Russell Island in Moreton Bay.

Queensland Health director-general John Wakefield said the health worker had contracted the virus from one of her colleagues, more than 200 of whom had gone into quarantine.

"She was identified as a contact of that previous case," Dr Wakefield said.

"In that way, we knew she was in a place of safety, if you like, in terms of her quarantine, and she was obviously subsequently found to be positive after that test.

"The link is direct."

Dr Wakefield said there were now five cases as part of the Ipswich Hospital cluster.

"At this stage the emergency department staff that had previously been under quarantine have tested negative and are now back at work," he said.

"Elective surgery as a consequence for the next few days has had to be reduced... obviously our focus is on the patients who are affected by that."

Mr Miles says the outbreak has been contained to staff members working in the COVID ward, or their close contacts — it hasn't spread beyond that to different parts of the hospital.

The state announced over the weekend the Ambulance Service is gearing up to train 50 paramedics to conduct testing at pop-up clinics in case of a larger outbreak.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/fifth-health-care-worker-tests-positive-in-queensland/ar-BB18LvBo?ocid=msedgdhp

Australians ( QLDers & NTians & SAustralians & WAustralians ) urged to backpack in their own backyards and stop fruit going to rot
A Queensland strawberry grower is calling on Australians to "pick for their country" in a bid to stop fruit going to rot amid the labour shortage.

Bells Creek farmer Di West, of Suncoast Harvest, says food prices are likely to rise — a concern shared by the National Farmers' Federation (NFF) and peak body AusVeg.

Ms West said she was forced to abandon entire paddocks because she did not have enough workers to pick and pack produce.

"There was already a certain amount of people committed to be here for the season when this all unfolded, so next year is what we're worried about because there's no new people coming in to replace these people," the Bells Creek farmer said.

"We are really, really worried about next year and I think every Australian should be worried because these people pick and pack all of the food that we eat."

Ms West said she expected to have to cut back plantings next year by at least 30 per cent.

"If that happens across the board on a lot of different commodities then [prices will rise] — that's going to have a significant impact on people's pockets."

Solutions sought
COVID-19 is challenging the country's $14.4 billion dollar horticulture industry which has traditionally relied on working holiday makers to help get fruit and vegetables off the farm.

The NFF has outlined a 10 point plan to governments, wanting:

an extension of the seasonal workers pilot program;
incentives for domestic displaced workers;
an introduction of an agricultural workforce code;
the promotion of opportunities to work in agriculture;
accommodation support;
a national agricultural workforce development network;
national labour hire regulation;
a restart of the working holidaymakers program;
the introduction of an agriculture visa; and
the inclusion of additional occupations in the horticulture industry labour agreement.
Last week, around 160 seasonal workers from Vanuatu landed in Darwin as part of a trial program to fill a labour shortage for the Northern Territory's mango harvest.

A Federal Agriculture Department spokesperson said "the Government is aware of and very concerned about the seasonal worker shortage issue and is currently considering a range of policy options to help farmers through the upcoming harvest".

Ms West believes governments should help subsidise on-the-job training.

She supplements workers wages for the first week to get them over the mental hurdle of being paid piece rate — a per kilogram rate of fruit harvested — until they pick up speed.

Giving it a go
Xavier Jackson was unemployed before he asked for a job more than a week ago.

"It was a little tiring the first few days but I'm getting into now and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be," the 18-year-old said.

He is proud of his contribution to Australia's food security.

"It's very important and if you need something to do, need any money, I definitely recommend it."

Ms West said there were opportunities for young Australians to get out and learn about their own country, meet people, and become more employable.

"You're just here for a brief time, you'll learn these great skills, and then you'll take that experience and that improved person that you are to another job. And you'll get a great job," she said.

"We need you to get out there and have a go and be a real Australian, love your country and get out and help us pick some food."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/australians-urged-to-backpack-in-their-own-backyards-and-stop-fruit-going-to-rot/ar-BB18LXYc?ocid=msedgdhp

Pharmacy Workers Union is against COVID-19 testing in pharmacies
Queensland pharmacists are fighting to prevent COVID-19 testing from taking place inside chemists, saying the Government's proposal will put workers and the public at risk.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/coronavirus-union-against-covid-19-testing-in-pharmacies/vi-BB18MndX?ocid=msedgdhp

Very stupid Brisbane fisho drives to Tweed Heads for a new fishing rod, faces $6,800 in border fines and quarantine costs
<< Couldn't buy the same rod in a local tackle shop ?? I doubt it - I know for a fact there are some excellent tackle shops in Brisbane & in the Gold Coast , and these shops have inhouse rod builders and artificial lure makers , and have overwhelmingly large ranges of fishing reels, rod, tackle, etc,
I'm willing to bet in NSW for more than a rod >>
A Brisbane fisherman is likely to be out of pocket more than $6,800 after driving into northern New South Wales to buy a fishing rod on Father's Day.

Chief Superintendent Mark Wheeler said the 43-year-old man used a false pass when attempting to re-enter via a road checkpoint, after an unsuccessful first attempt at another checkpoint at Tweed Heads.

"It's a very expensive fishing rod unfortunately for that gentleman," he said.

Only residents within specific "border bubble" postcodes are permitted to travel into NSW, as long as they remain within the identified areas.

Brisbane falls outside the border-bubble postcodes and the man has been issued with a $4,003 infringement notice.
<< all to buy a rod that might have set him back maybe $500 if its very special / custom build , for a rod he could have sourced at any number of Brisbane tackle shops ( even as a custom build ).>>
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/brisbane-man-drives-to-tweed-heads-for-new-fishing-rod-faces-6-800-in-border-fines-and-quarantine-costs/ar-BB18LGEc?ocid=msedgdhp
He must also pay for a flight into Queensland and then spend 14 days in hotel quarantine at a cost of about $2,800.

Man attempted to use false pass
The man drove his car from Brisbane to Tweed Heads, but was refused entry.

"He's then tried to go through another area with a false pass so we've had to take action against that person," Chief Supt. Wheeler said.

Chief Supt. Wheeler said the rules had been in place since the hard border closure was introduced on August 8.

"By and large people are doing the right thing. It's just the people who think the rules don't apply to them," he said.

"It's incredibly expensive for them, it's incredibly inconvenient for them.

"Driving interstate just to purchase a fishing rod and thinking you can just come back in, that's unfortunate."

The Gold Coast police chief said his officers had now refused entry to 3,500 people who had tried to cross into Queensland.

"The rules are there for a reason and that's to try and stop the spread of COVID-19 into Queensland," Chief Supt. Wheeler said.

The man was one of three people issued with COVID infringement notices at border checkpoints yesterday.

Queensland Covid-19 hotspots: list of Brisbane and south-east Qld outbreak locations
Queensland authorities have released a list of hotspots where Covid-positive people visited while infectious.

Those who attended some locations must isolate immediately for 14 days. Others will be contacted by members of the public health team to discuss next steps.

Related: NSW Covid-19 hotspots: list of regional and Sydney outbreak locations

More detailed information is available on the Queensland government website. This list will be updated as more locations are added or removed.

Hotspot locations
All passengers sitting in rows 25 to 29 on flight VA962 from Brisbane to Sydney on 17 August must isolate immediately for 14 days. If they develop symptoms they must get tested.

All other passengers on board the flight should monitor for symptoms.

Public health officials will be also contacting all those who dined at the Jam Pantry cafe in Greenslopes on 16 August between 9.45am and 11am.

Those who attended the cafe outside those hours should monitor for symptoms.

Potential hotspot locations
According to the Queensland government, everyone who attended these locations during the listed time should monitor for Covid symptoms and immediately get tested if they develop.

4 September

Super IGA Supermarket, Russell Island: 8.00am-8.30am
3 September

Super IGA Supermarket, Russell Island: 12.00pm-2.00pm
2 September

Russell Island Pharmacy, Russell Island: morning
1 September

Canaipa Nursery & Tea Centre, Russell Island: 12.00pm-12.30pm
Super IGA Supermarket, Russell Island: 12.40pm-12.50pm
Passenger Ferry: Russell Island to Redland Bay: 1.30pm-2.10pm
Passenger Ferry: Redland Bay to Russell Island: 4.00pm-4.30pm
31 August

Woolworths, Yamanto: 11am to 11.15am
Country Market, Yamanto: 11.20am to 11.40am
Priceline, Yamanto: 11.40am to 11.45am
30 August

Woolworths, Yamanto: 12pm to 12.20pm
Dominos, Yamanto: 11.45am to 12.30pm
29 August

Spa Choice, Springwood: 10.30am to 11am
Spa World, Underwood: 11am to 11.30am
Dosa Hut, Springfield: 11.55am to 12pm
Indian Spice Shop, Springfield: 12pm to 12.05pm
27 August

Princess Alexandra hospital fever clinic, Woolloongabba: 12.40pm to 12.55pm
Priceline Pharmacy, Forest Lake: 9am to 9.10am
Coles Forest Lake shopping centre, Forest Lake: 9.15am to 9.30am
Pizza Hut, Beenleigh:
TSG Tobacconist, Eagleby: 4.50pm to 5pm
26 August

Coomera Westfield, Coomera: 9.30am to 10.25am
Woolworths Pimpama Junction, Pimpama: 10.40am to 10.50am
Kmart Oxenford, Oxenford: 11am to 11.10am
Bunnings Oxenford, Oxenford: 11.20am to 11.50am
Woolworths Pimpama Junction, Pimpama: 12.00pm to 12.15pm
Zazar’s Kebabs Pimpama, Pimpama: 12.15pm to 12.25pm
Logan Motorway BP service centre and McDonald’s, Larapinta: 5.45pm to 5.50pm
Gold Coast University hospital fever clinic, Southport: 7pm to 7.20pm
Pub Lane Tavern, Greenbank shopping centre, Greenbank: 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Platypus Shoes, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 5pm to 5.30pm
Footlocker, Hyperdome Shoping Centre, Loganholme: 5pm to 5.30pm
The Reject Shop, Hyperdome Shoping Centre, Loganholme: 4.35pm to 4.55pm
Kmart, Hyperdome Shoping Centre, Loganholme: 4.05pm to 4.30pm
Best & Less, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 3.15pm to 5.45pm
Madhouse Discount Variety, Waterford Plaza, Waterford West: 1.50pm to 2.15pm
25 August

Logan Motorway BP service centre and McDonald’s, Larapinta: 6.40am to 6.45am
Logan Motorway BP service centre and McDonald’s, Larapinta 4.20pm to 4.30pm
24 August

The Good Guys, Oxley: 9am to 9.45am
Woolworths, the Station Oxley, Oxley: 10am to 10.30am
Perks Cafe, Jimboomba Central shopping centre, Jimboomba: 10am to 10.45am
Woolworths, Jimboomba Central shopping centre, Jimboomba: 11am to 11.15am
Logan Motorway BP service centre and McDonald’s, Larapinta: 4.20pm to 4.30pm
Coomera Westfield, Coomera: 5.30pm to 6pm
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/queensland-covid-19-hotspots-list-of-brisbane-and-south-east-qld-outbreak-locations/ar-BB18LITx?ocid=msedgdhp

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
7 SEPTEMBER ELSEWHERE IN AUSTRALIA

LINKS ONLY
7 SEPT SA
South Australia bracing for record-breaking spring heatwave
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/south-australia-bracing-for-record-breaking-spring-heatwave/ar-BB18L7Kt?ocid=msedgdhp

Mobile coronavirus testing launched in Angaston after positive wastewater test in Barossa town
SA Health will have a mobile coronavirus testing clinic set up in Angaston this week after wastewater from the Barossa Valley town returned a positive result for COVID-19 over the weekend.

The testing will be conducted at Angaston Hospital rather than the town's residents having to travel to hospitals in Tanunda, Gawler or Elizabeth.

Acting Chief Public Health Officer Chris Leese revealed on Saturday that sewage from the 2,000-household catchment around Angaston had tested positive for coronavirus.

The sample was taken last Thursday and tested positive on Friday.

The sample was retested and again came up with a positive result on Saturday, unlike a similar sample taken from the much larger Bolivar catchment in late August.

"It just goes to show this testing is very sensitive and we do take multiple samples and we do do a lot of work on it to make sure what it says is actually the case," Dr Leese said today.

Angaston is on the Sturt Highway freight route and was subject to an early lockdown when cases appeared in the Barossa Valley in March.

Dr Leese said the positive test result was unlikely to be connected to the March cluster.

He said the mobile clinic would make testing easier for Angaston residents.

"What we want to do with anything COVID-related and anything that might give us even a slight suggestion of positive community transmission, we want to make sure — absolutely sure — that there's no problem there," he said.

"So increasing the opportunity for testing is part of our response protocol around the wastewater testing and obviously letting the community know what's going on as well.

"It's really important and re-emphasises that message for anyone with symptoms to get tested because if we find something out there we want to get on top of it as soon as possible."

SANFL football club fined
Meanwhile, the Glenelg Football Club has been fined for allegedly breaching coronavirus rules on Saturday night.

Police said social media videos showed about 20 people dancing and drinking alcohol while not physical distancing.

The SANFL club was slapped with a $5,000 fine.

Club president Peter Carey said players were not fully informed about COVID protocols at private functions.

"I thought it was a great idea for the players to get together — it's been a very unusual season," he said.

"I thought it was great they could let their hair down and have a bit of fun, but obviously they didn't fully conform with the COVID rules."

Family catches up at border
On Saturday, Angela Mead and her 10-year-old daughter Alannah met for the first time in four months at the South Australian-Victorian border, near Pinnaroo.

Alannah had previously been living in Echuca with her mother and her 14-year-old brother, James, but is residing in Adelaide with her father for the time being.

Ms Mead made a five-hour road trip with James to visit her daughter, after checking with police that meeting at the border was permitted.

"Alannah, who was driven there by her father from Adelaide, came running over to us, stopping two metres short of an embrace," Miss Mead told ABC News.

It was the first time the pair had seen each other since May.

Miss Mead had spent Mother's Day with her daughter, but less than two weeks later, the rules had changed.

"It meant that a parent having access to their children was no longer allowed if you are from Victoria, despite the Family Court of Australia saying that borders should not deny a parent's access to their children," Ms Mead said.

Ms Mead said she made several attempts to gain a permit under compassionate grounds but was refused.

"The only remaining option I thought of is for us to meet at, and sit next to the road — at distance — at the Pinnaroo border checkpoint and talk, which we did for three hours," she said.

It is not yet known when Ms Mead will be able to hug her daughter, but she said the family's distanced get-together was special.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/mobile-coronavirus-testing-launched-in-angaston-after-positive-wastewater-test-in-barossa-town/ar-BB18LLL1?ocid=msedgd

7 SEPT WA
WA COVID-19 update – 7 September
< never even rated a mention in the news in NSW today >
The WA Department of Health has reported 1 new case of COVID-19 in Western Australia overnight, bringing the State’s total to 657.

The new case – a man in his 60s who returned to Perth from overseas – is in hotel quarantine.

WA now has 4 active COVID-19 cases.

To date, 644 confirmed cases have recovered from the virus in WA.

Yesterday 460 people presented to WA COVID-19 clinics – 452 were assessed and swabbed.

There have been 364,864 COVID-19 tests performed in WA. Of those tested, 62,898 were from regional WA.
https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Media-releases/2020/COVID19-update-7-september-2020

7 SEPT FEDERAL
Refugees given humanitarian visas left stranded after coronavirus pandemic shut Australian borders
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/refugees-given-humanitarian-visas-left-stranded-after-coronavirus-pandemic-shut-australian-borders/ar-BB18Lydj?ocid=msedgdhp

Inner-city retail could take years to recover from COVID-19, says Coles supermarket boss
https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/news/inner-city-retail-could-take-years-to-recover-from-covid-19-says-coles-supermarket-boss/ar-BB18LWZ5?ocid=msedgdhp

Older people and families should not have to put up with the secrecy of the aged care sector
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/older-people-and-families-should-not-have-to-put-up-with-the-secrecy-of-the-aged-care-sector/ar-BB18LQGg?ocid=msedgdhp

Commonwealth secures supply of two COVID-19 vaccines
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/commonwealth-secures-supply-of-two-covid-19-vaccines/vi-BB18MfiI?ocid=msedgdhp

Aussies to get free coronavirus vaccine from early next year
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/aussies-to-get-free-coronavirus-vaccine-from-early-next-year/ar-BB18LJSK?ocid=msedgdhp

Scott Morrison slams Victoria's road map
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/scott-morrison-slams-victoria-s-road-map/ar-BB18M4P4?ocid=msedgdhp

PM says Victoria's roadmap is "crushing" for the state (of Victoria).
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/pm-says-victoria-s-roadmap-is-crushing-for-the-state/vi-BB18LPKO?ocid=msedgdhp

Prime Minister Scott Morrison pressures Victoria to fast-track coronavirus roadmap
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/prime-minister-scott-morrison-pressures-victoria-to-fast-track-coronavirus-roadmap/ar-BB18LTJ9?ocid=msedgdhp

NSW would be in lockdown now under Victoria's roadmap, says Prime Minister
<< IMO and I know lots who think like I do, NSW should be locking down hotspot regions and mandating mask wearing >>
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nsw-would-be-in-lockdown-now-under-victoria-s-roadmap-says-prime-minister/ar-BB18M8aQ?ocid=msedgdhp

Senator Matthew Canavan - Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Senate ( from QLD ) blasts Victorian leaders for 'failing at lockdown'
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/queensland-senator-blasts-victorian-leaders-for-failing-at-lockdown/ar-BB18LGgt?ocid=msedgdhp

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
7 SEPTEMBER DATA

7-SEPT-2-ND-WAVE-DATA.png

7-EPT-2-ND-WAVE.png

7sept-nearest-me.png

Nearest current cases to me are on the Central Coast. ( 2 active cases in quarantine . both in same household ).

screenshot-8.png

Much of Sydney remains Covid19 HOT. And too close for comfort for our liking as there are no travel restrictions in place in NSW and Sydney's hot spots are at most a 90min to 2 hour drive away , 5 hours my train , 2 hours my Express intercity rail.

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-SUMMARY-BY-STATE.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-CASES.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-CASES-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

7-SEPT-SOURCES.png

7-SEPT-POSITIVITY.png

7-SEPT-AGED-CARE-RESIDENTIAL.png

7-SEPT-AGED-CARE-IN-HOME.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-SNAPSHOT.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS.png

7-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-NSW.png

7-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-VIC.png

7-SEPT-DAILY-HOSPITALISATION-14-DAYS-QLD.png

currently no covid19 cases in hospital in NT, WA, SA, Tas, ACT.

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DAILY-DEATHS.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATH-DEMOGRAPHICS.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT1.png

7-SEPT-AUSTRALIAN-DEATHS-BY-CLUSTER-PT2.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom