licking lips/saliva?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
this could just be a dumb question but is it normal for them to lick their lips after licking something? i dont think shes thirsty because i gave her water yesterday and she ate some hornworms today. also i opened the side of her mouth and i saw some saliva is having a bit of saliva normal or does she have a uri? she isnt lethargic or not eating, actually sje has a really big appetite. this could just be a dumb question but i am really nervous

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
this could just be a dumb question but is it normal for them to lick their lips after licking something? i dont think shes thirsty because i gave her water yesterday and she ate some hornworms today. also i opened the side of her mouth and i saw some saliva is having a bit of saliva normal or does she have a uri? she isnt lethargic or not eating, actually sje has a really big appetite. this could just be a dumb question but i am really nervous
It is normal for them to have saliva just not excess amounts --- RI can be caused by very low humidity in the tank --- incorrect UVB -- NO coils please

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is normal for them to have saliva just not excess amounts --- RI can be caused by very low humidity in the tank --- incorrect UVB -- NO coils please
the humidity is around 10-25 during day and is around the same at night. i do have a tube uvb and im getting a replacement this month/early next month

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the humidity is around 10-25 during day and is around the same at night. i do have a tube uvb and im getting a replacement this month/early next month
ok the humidity is being taken w/ a dial hygrometer ? Please upgrade to a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
you want humidity above 20 % optimal is 40-50% nothing over 70% -- if its that low down to 10 please get a humidifier going next to the tank to bring the humidity up- your UVB is a brand and bulb please? they have certain placement and distance for the bulbs - and your screen is going to determine where that fixture goes

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok the humidity is being taken w/ a dial hygrometer ? Please upgrade to a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
you want humidity above 20 % optimal is 40-50% nothing over 70% -- if its that low down to 10 please get a humidifier going next to the tank to bring the humidity up- your UVB is a brand and bulb please? they have certain placement and distance for the bulbs - and your screen is going to determine where that fixture goes
it is already being taken by one that is digital. is it fine if i just mist the tank when its low? i have a reptisun 10.0 T8, the distance between the bulb and decor is 9 inches. i have a wide hole screen and the uvb is placed inside

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
it is already being taken by one that is digital. is it fine if i just mist the tank when its low? i have a reptisun 10.0 T8, the distance between the bulb and decor is 9 inches. i have a wide hole screen and the uvb is placed inside
Ok so your lighting is good and temps --- rule that out for cause --- I dont think there is anything going on I think its normal for the saliva but post a pic of the inside of his mouth and I can have someone take a look for sure -- but I would get your humidity up in the tank if its down to 10 % -- misting may not be enough I had a humidifier going this past winter between my two dragons tanks -- it was falling to low for my liking --- mine got down below 20% w/ the humidifier it got up to 30% during the day and 35% at night --

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so your lighting is good and temps --- rule that out for cause --- I dont think there is anything going on I think its normal for the saliva but post a pic of the inside of his mouth and I can have someone take a look for sure -- but I would get your humidity up in the tank if its down to 10 % -- misting may not be enough I had a humidifier going this past winter between my two dragons tanks -- it was falling to low for my liking --- mine got down below 20% w/ the humidifier it got up to 30% during the day and 35% at night --

i know the picture is alittle blurry but her light is turning off in around an hour so i dont want to bother her
20220805_182811.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom