Licking everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
My beardies mostly my Erin/Aaron lick me when I hold them, and not just once but multiple times. Are they showing appreciation, or are they getting to understand their surrondings or is it another thing.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Licking is what they do most of the time. I think its their way of sencing things. My girl used to do it all the time, now just sometimes, her thing is to lick my nose.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bwalter":1cpjzqos said:
Licking is what they do most of the time. I think its their way of sencing things. My girl used to do it all the time, now just sometimes, her thing is to lick my nose.
So licking is kinda of knowing their surrounding by the sense of taste?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
thats what I have been told. It seems like mine did it more when she was little. She still does, but she loves licking my nose.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bwalter":2dkit5pp said:
thats what I have been told. It seems like mine did it more when she was little. She still does, but she loves licking my nose.
She doesn't get why you have a nose like that. Their nose is a lot differnt from ours lol.

thebenior

Hatchling Member
It's my understanding that they do it as a means of gathering scents. It does create some comedic/cute moments:
My cousin on feeding my dragon Thor while I was away: "I was a little worried when I put my hand in the tank and he ran over and opened his mouth. Then he just licked me."
Another time, my girlfriend was lying down on the couch with Thor on her chest. Thor then ran up to her face and licked her lip, causing her to say, "Eww, salmonella!" I just said, "Aww... mini-dinosaur kisses!" :lol:

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thebenior":3i3417xm said:
It's my understanding that they do it as a means of gathering scents. It does create some comedic/cute moments:
My cousin on feeding my dragon Thor while I was away: "I was a little worried when I put my hand in the tank and he ran over and opened his mouth. Then he just licked me."
Another time, my girlfriend was lying down on the couch with Thor on her chest. Thor then ran up to her face and licked her lip, causing her to say, "Eww, salmonella!" I just said, "Aww... mini-dinosaur kisses!" :lol:
okay thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom