LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lol, oh sorry... that thing he was trying to eat was an ACORN!!!

can you believe it? the thing was the size of his head! i dont think he could have opened his mouth wide enough, he was just full of energy that day.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
jscott":9988d said:
well, i think everyone knows about the poor little lizard i brought home; he fought to hold on for about a week... now hes not in pain at least :( .

you did your best!!! don't worry, cause he passed away loved!

barbara, his appetite has been up and down lately. today was a hungry day and he ate like a pig. thanks for the comments, and sorry i havent been updating very often. real life has me down lately...

I know what you mean, I am in a lot of financial debt. But at least you have your wonderful babies to come home to!

lizardgrrl, thanks :D . every week i try to give my dragons something new off of the safe list. so far ive tried mustard greens, collard greens, dandilion greens, celery, bell peppers, tango, endive, yellow squash, blueberries and rosemary. out of those, the favorites are bell pepper(Troubles fave), mustard greens(Mayzes fave) and yellow squash(LGs fave).

A recent discovery of mine for them that they absolutely LOOOOOOOVE is cilantro. All 3 eat every last piece. Only downside, I don't know how to keep it fresh more than a couple days. But a good size little bushel is only 89 cents at the grocery store!

denise, hey you :D . havent touched bases in a while. ive been loving those emails you send. that one a while back of the deer coming up to those people was amazing. once again, sorry if i havent said hi in a while :wink: .

Emails? what emails? Are these stories like a newsletter thingy or are these just PM's between you two?

atreyu917, have you heard anything more about this? i havent been on as much as id like.

More about Kirby's presentation? haha, if that's not what you're talking about, I'm lost. It might just be cause my brain at 3:15am isn't working.

ANYWAYS, cute video. I love that little man. (did you ever find out his sex???) He is so funny how curious, and hungry, he is!
Hope tomorrow is a great day for you!

Kelsey

kirby

Extreme Poster
"but dad, i wantsta eats da grass..."

EVERYBODY loved LG in my presentation. he got a whole lot of 'awwwww's' from the girls when mentioned his story. and his cute little face came up on the screen, one was particularly worried that his sibling would do such a thing.

and of course, Zack and Wheezie were a hit... my teacher couldn't believe they have lived so long.

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
Jason,

He gets cuter by the day! I can't believe he tried to eat that acorn.....it was so big! Maybe it attracted him because of the color? They really will try to eat anything if its brightly colored. If I let Ming loose on my computer desk, he tries to eat the blue light on my speakers every time! LOL

kirby

Extreme Poster
Denise Bushnell":8194f said:
Jason,

He gets cuter by the day! I can't believe he tried to eat that acorn.....it was so big! Maybe it attracted him because of the color? They really will try to eat anything if its brightly colored. If I let Ming loose on my computer desk, he tries to eat the blue light on my speakers every time! LOL

so do mine, but mine is green...

they hunt down glow sticks like raptors. (dont ask me how i know this...lol)

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason- We have been keeping up with your little family, but don't reply often. You seem to answer each post and that can keep you busy for awhile if we all say the same thing- You are doing great. WE loooove the picts and videos, etc. :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
You may want to tack a fake green vine over the tiles to help Trouble climb up easier. Bogie loves to climb those things :D and they are real cheap at W-M or Hobby Lobby. They also brighten the place up.
Katherine goes nuts for the videos. She would spend the whole day watching everyone's beardies. Especially since Bogie is sleeping 3 out of every 4 days. We hate brumation! :banghead:
Does LG really try to eat all those things? Or is he just tasting them. Bogie tastes everything, but I've learned that he always spits it out. I still can't get over how cute LG is. He seems to be the happiest beardie we know. You are a super dragon dad. :D (Katherine's words. I agree.)

To keep cilantro fresh for a week or so, fill a cup with water then trim the stems and stick them in the water. The whole bunch stays crunchy and green for the longest that way. Works to perk up celery too.

Sandy h

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
jscott":0e284 said:
lol, oh sorry... that thing he was trying to eat was an ACORN!!!

can you believe it? the thing was the size of his head! i dont think he could have opened his mouth wide enough, he was just full of energy that day.

LOL an ACORN? That's funny. Speedy was arm waving at a grasshopper (large wild one) outside yesterday. I wondered what she was waving at then Bill noticed that she was stalking a grasshopper, that thing was longer than her head! They tend to eat anything they think may be edible. This was after we had tried to feed her crickets. She wouldn't touch one while she was in the feed terrerium. She ate two or three while she was in the living room window. I told my husband she was holding out for the superworms. He gave her a couple of supers around 2pm and she flew to them. She's maybe 13 inches long and doesn't seem to have much problem with digesting the supers.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:laughhard: What a little booger L.G. was being that is just so cute. :love5:
I loved that video Jason it showed us a little more of his true colors. :laughhard:

atreyu917

Juvie Member
To keep cilantro fresh for a week or so, fill a cup with water then trim the stems and stick them in the water. The whole bunch stays crunchy and green for the longest that way. Works to perk up celery too.

REALLY? So they don't have to be kept in the fridge? I'm apparently not good a preserving fruits/veggies. I bought a mango that only lasted 4 days. It was kinda messy, so I put it in a ziploc bag. But thats apparently what killed it. haha. I know better now.

Kelsey

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hi Jason,
LG is precious....absolutely adorable....wish mine was that active....

Take care of you and best wishes to al your little (and big) darlings :D

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry on the cilantro, put the cup in the fridge for longer freshness. That's what I get for posting while sick. :D

Sandy H

Menolly

Juvie Member
Howdy,
Congratulations! You have a new follower who thinks LG is one of the most adorable things ever. I know you've probably heard that a million on and one times, but it's still true!
I'm sorry about the other lizard, at least it had a good and loving home. Hugs for you.
Mel
PS. Your cage set ups are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom