Lethargic personality?

chrinaboehler

Beardie name(s)
Mushu Malefisir
I have two beardies that I rescued about 4 years ago. They are from the same brood, they are always showing their colors and according to the vet are super healthy physically. I have one that just lays there, no matter where he is or what he's doing. He won't even chase roaches or crickets. If they come near his face, he's interested unless he can't immediately grab them without reaching far. His tank is a bit too small for him, however he gets handled frequently and he is In very good health, I don't have room in my home for a bigger tank and having one outdoors and sheltered where I live is out of the question (cold winters). However he is frequently taken outside on nice warm days, he loves to just sit on me. His colors are always bright, he's never upset but he just seems to be in constant brumation or something. He also refuses to eat his veggies!! His brother chases a paper towel when I'm cleaning the outside of the tank, and seems to be more curious about everything. He poops just fine but not as frequently as I would like to see. I seriously think he's just lazy? 😆 I just want to know if anyone has advice or think he's depressed, if this is just his personality I'm fine with that!! I just want a second opinion.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are they housed together? If you have 2 males thats a really bad idea.(or any combination of 2)It could be he is intimidated by the other.
That being said he would have to work hard to be more lazy than my male lol. You were describing zen to the tee. So my answer is yeah he could be lazy

chrinaboehler

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu Malefisir
They are not housed together, I was semi experienced when I rescued them. They have two separate tanks and I switch them and they're environment often

chrinaboehler

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu Malefisir
Are they housed together? If you have 2 males thats a really bad idea.(or any combination of 2)It could be he is intimidated by the other.
That being said he would have to work hard to be more lazy than my male lol. You were describing zen to the tee. So my answer is yeah he could be lazy
I think he just is lol

chrinaboehler

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu Malefisir
They're actually stacked with a tank divider and it's beautiful, the top is doing really well bioactive, I'm nervous about the bottom, having them stacked and an extra plant light could create a lot of humidity

chrinaboehler

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu Malefisir
Uggh wow I'm terrible at social media this is embarrassing 😳 lolol. See every other thing in this thread 🤣

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Lol this is the only social media I use as well. I can post but i struggle with everything else :cool:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom