lethargic, eyes closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrmmcart

We have a bbd that is 3 months. We were feeding her crickets way too big and didn't know it. She ate a big cricket 2 days ago and yesterday passed it but with a lot of trouble. It was not digested. She is very lethargic, eyes closed, and not drinking water. She will usually open her mouth to drink but she will not even do that now. We put her under heating lamp and she will perk up and the go to crawl off perch and just kind of fall off and lay still. She has opened her eyes only a little bit. We are stopping to get a UV 10 bulb for the cage (20 Gallon). Also, we are going to get some baby food to try to get her energy back up. Her stomach is sunken in and eyes also. When she lays on her back she does mover to lay forward. Please advise on anything else we could do. Thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What were you using for a UVB -- and you need to get a Reptisun TUBE bulb --- the 20 gallon can go w/ a 24" fixture but you need to use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the fixture --- you need basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer that is a MUST --- you said he fell off the basking decor ? That is not good
Karrie

Lrmmcart

Original Poster
I saw in past posts. How long do the baby’s stay in the plastic tote under UVB light when sick??? We got her fed and she had water and pedialight and she’s opening eyes more but still not moving legs. She does have gray stress lines now and white lines under her jaw. Please advise on uvb light in plastic tote and anything else that would be helpful

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so T 5's distance should be 12-15 inches w/ no obstruction inside the tank -- w/ a wide hole type screen 8-10 inches basking decor directly underneath for both
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is he in a tote or still in the big tank? He needs to go into a tote w/ the UVB a 24" fixture w/ the 5.0 bulb placed directly over him and basking bulb
97951-1320896047.jpg
This needs to be set up ASAP-- you want the distance of the UVB 6-8 inches and basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
Karrie

Lrmmcart

Original Poster
She's been in the tote since 5pm eastern. Got home at 7pm eastern and tried to feed and water her again. She would not open her mouth at all to eat or drink. She hasn't moved since 8pm... I think we lost her. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh dear-- where did you get her how long have you had her?
Karrie

Lrmmcart

Original Poster
Petco, We have had her since November... Would it be okay to keep heat lamp and uvb light on her the rest of the night? I'm scared if I take it off she will get too cold. I'm not sure if she has passed or not.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The heat lamp is a basking light? Or che? Shut the UVB off-- do you have a heating pad? You can place that in the tank w/ a dish towel over it and put it on low try to keep temps in the tank around 80
Karrie

Lrmmcart

Original Poster
Heat Lamp. The heating pad I have is a shut off one. Should I get up every few hours and keep it on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would try to keep him as warm as possible thru the nite -- how is he doing?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom