Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
That is awful -- I am so sorry -- please make sure you disinfect the tank w/ some F 10 found on Amazon or Ebay - its a vet disinfectant and a concentrate it will last a long time- please post back on here w/ questions - we dont know why they died but I recommend you only get one - you do not want two in one tank --

Thank you, so I need to rinse off the F10, it won’t harm the new beardie? We were going to separate the two but died before hand unfortunately. Also, I bought Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

What’s the difference between that and the 12% bulb? Is it ok that I got the one that’s not 12%? Thank you for the help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, that is absolutely horrible you lost the other one, too. I am so sorry, that is very sad. :cry:
Which UVB light did you get & do you already have a new dragon or are you in the planning
phases?
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is a very nice bulb, so, if that is the one you got then that is ok!
Again, my sincere condolences on losing your little dragons.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you, so I need to rinse off the F10, it won’t harm the new beardie? We were going to separate the two but died before hand unfortunately. Also, I bought Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

What’s the difference between that and the 12% bulb? Is it ok that I got the one that’s not 12%? Thank you for the help.
You can wipe the tank down after washing w/ the F 10 I take everything out and spray the decor pieces in the sink mine are all resin based and then rinse them in the sink - the tank I wash down w/ a wet cloth - there is no odor that I can smell - I have been using this for years and have never smelled a odor or had any issues w / the stuff - the 12% bulb is Germanys version of the T 5 - both are good bulbs -- where is the UVB? Distance and placement will be determined by the screen on the tank

Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
You can wipe the tank down after washing w/ the F 10 I take everything out and spray the decor pieces in the sink mine are all resin based and then rinse them in the sink - the tank I wash down w/ a wet cloth - there is no odor that I can smell - I have been using this for years and have never smelled a odor or had any issues w / the stuff - the 12% bulb is Germanys version of the T 5 - both are good bulbs -- where is the UVB? Distance and placement will be determined by the screen on the tank

Thank you! So we are getting another one from the same breeder. I just want everything right before we get it.

Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
Hello,

Oh no, that is absolutely horrible you lost the other one, too. I am so sorry, that is very sad. :cry:
Which UVB light did you get & do you already have a new dragon or are you in the planning
phases?
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is a very nice bulb, so, if that is the one you got then that is ok!
Again, my sincere condolences on losing your little dragons.

Tracie
Yes, it was very devastating. I looked up a lot of stuff but apparently it wasn’t enough. We left crickets in the hangover that we should have, so much bigger than they should have, my son try to give them a bath, ammonia, and water, rinsed really well that might’ve been a problem. I read somewhere that we could use ammonia and water to clean the tanks as it was a used tank. We are going to get another bearded dragon from the same breeder. I did not tell him that the other two passed because I felt so bad about it. Yes, I got the 10 T5 bulb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes, it was very devastating. I looked up a lot of stuff but apparently it wasn’t enough. We left crickets in the hangover that we should have, so much bigger than they should have, my son try to give them a bath, ammonia, and water, rinsed really well that might’ve been a problem. I read somewhere that we could use ammonia and water to clean the tanks as it was a used tank. We are going to get another bearded dragon from the same breeder. I did not tell him that the other two passed because I felt so bad about it. Yes, I got the 10 T5 bulb.
Ok we need to go over the UVB if we havent already --

Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
We are going to lay the uvb on top of the 40g, we got a 22” tube. I also hot a ceramic heating bulb bc they’re in the basement and I was worried they hot too cold. I just ordered round digital thermometers too. Currently, the one we’re getting is being fed crickets, strawberries, lettuce and small roaches. But I believe lettuce is not recommended. I believe the beardie is about 3 months old. I was also worried that I had fed the last ones too big of mealworms. I really hope to keep him/her alive.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We are going to lay the uvb on top of the 40g, we got a 22” tube. I also hot a ceramic heating bulb bc they’re in the basement and I was worried they hot too cold. I just ordered round digital thermometers too. Currently, the one we’re getting is being fed crickets, strawberries, lettuce and small roaches. But I believe lettuce is not recommended. I believe the beardie is about 3 months old. I was also worried that I had fed the last ones too big of mealworms. I really hope to keep him/her alive.
Ok the UVB needs to be placed by the screen hole size - if the screen is a wide hole type it can sit on top - if its a fine mesh screen it needs to go inside the tank -- let me know so I can help you get it placed correctly- this is crucial to the dragons health --- Please show me what you ordered for thermometers-- these are a must --- the dragons digestive system depends on these temps being correct --- please NO MORE ammonia! Use vinegar/ water 50/50 for everyday clean up wipe w/ wet towel after cleaning- the F10 is for disinfecting like once a month or so or if the dragon gets parasites --- please NO meal worms they are to hard on babies stomachs --- please feed crickets NO bigger than the space between the dragons eyes -- do not leave them in the tank they will bite the dragon --- NO lettuce please -- here is a nutritional website
ignore the kale info it is outdated Nutrition Content
please start ordering insects on line they are cheaper and more reliable than pet stores and cheaper
I would get him over on dubia roaches - set up a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and dubia dew for hydration they should be fed at night for good gut loading - feed what you feed the dragon they are not hot on greens - please do not feed the dragon and the roaches carrots feed one or the other too much Vit A- you need to dust the staple insect calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding / day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding / day lightly coated for both -
www.dubiaroaches.com go by their chart on the website for size
www.symtonbsf.com great staple for a baby 3 months old should be able to eat large do not dust them they are calcium enriched --
please help your son w/ the dragon they are a complex animal and behavior is everything to the health of the dragon --- not eating not pooping not being active are all signs of a sick dragon --

Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
Ok the UVB needs to be placed by the screen hole size - if the screen is a wide hole type it can sit on top - if its a fine mesh screen it needs to go inside the tank -- let me know so I can help you get it placed correctly- this is crucial to the dragons health --- Please show me what you ordered for thermometers-- these are a must --- the dragons digestive system depends on these temps being correct --- please NO MORE ammonia! Use vinegar/ water 50/50 for everyday clean up wipe w/ wet towel after cleaning- the F10 is for disinfecting like once a month or so or if the dragon gets parasites --- please NO meal worms they are to hard on babies stomachs --- please feed crickets NO bigger than the space between the dragons eyes -- do not leave them in the tank they will bite the dragon --- NO lettuce please -- here is a nutritional website
ignore the kale info it is outdated Nutrition Content
please start ordering insects on line they are cheaper and more reliable than pet stores and cheaper
I would get him over on dubia roaches - set up a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and dubia dew for hydration they should be fed at night for good gut loading - feed what you feed the dragon they are not hot on greens - please do not feed the dragon and the roaches carrots feed one or the other too much Vit A- you need to dust the staple insect calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding / day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding / day lightly coated for both -
www.dubiaroaches.com go by their chart on the website for size
www.symtonbsf.com great staple for a baby 3 months old should be able to eat large do not dust them they are calcium enriched --
please help your son w/ the dragon they are a complex animal and behavior is everything to the health of the dragon --- not eating not pooping not being active are all signs of a sick dragon --

Thermometers JEDEW 2-Pack Mini Hygrometer Thermometer Digital LCD Monitor Indoor/Outdoor Humidity Meter Gauge Temperature for Humidifiers Dehumidifiers Greenhouse Reptile Humidor Fahrenheit(℉)/ Celsius(℃) https://a.co/d/74Puclp

Cover Zilla Reptile Pet Terrarium Cover... Amazon.com

Where do you recommend getting crickets? How do you keep them alive? Roaches, do you have a place you recommend? Thank you for all of the advice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thermometers JEDEW 2-Pack Mini Hygrometer Thermometer Digital LCD Monitor Indoor/Outdoor Humidity Meter Gauge Temperature for Humidifiers Dehumidifiers Greenhouse Reptile Humidor Fahrenheit(℉)/ Celsius(℃) Amazon.com

Cover Zilla Reptile Pet Terrarium Cover... Amazon.com

Where do you recommend getting crickets? How do you keep them alive? Roaches, do you have a place you recommend? Thank you for all of the advice.
The digital thermometers do or do not have a probe on them-- no probes they are good for ambient temps only- you want at least one w/ a probe- you can find them at pet smart or Petco -- the probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits for basking - the screen I can't see the holes
I will post some websites for insects- I recommend dubias they are a more nutritional insect and last longer than crickets-

Karlamom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Salt and Pepper
The digital thermometers do or do not have a probe on them-- no probes they are good for ambient temps only- you want at least one w/ a probe- you can find them at pet smart or Petco -- the probe needs to be placed on the spot where he sits for basking - the screen I can't see the holes
I will post some websites for insects- I recommend dubias they are a more nutritional insect and last longer than crickets-
376007FB-7274-45BA-AB9B-B07AB338DA51.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Websites for insects
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.symtonbsf.com
Fluker Farms - Order Live Crickets, Mealworms, Superworms they have the best super worms I have found yet - they only sell large tho
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ high on shipping
I have gotten insects from all but tc and ab dragons- please shop all of them find the one that best fits for you-- alot of people on here get roaches from dubiaroaches.com - that is where I get mine from --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom