Lethargic after laying eggs

My beardie is just over a year old. For the last few days she has been laying 2 or 3 eggs at a time and then yesterday she laid around 20 at one time. Last night she was her usual self, but today she is pretty lethargic, not really moving from her basking spot at all. Kind of napping on and off all day. Is this normal, or a sign of something worse? It is her second clutch in the last month.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is just over a year old. For the last few days she has been laying 2 or 3 eggs at a time and then yesterday she laid around 20 at one time. Last night she was her usual self, but today she is pretty lethargic, not really moving from her basking spot at all. Kind of napping on and off all day. Is this normal, or a sign of something worse? It is her second clutch in the last month.
Need AHBD to respond to this
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Give her a 5 minute warm soak so she can drink if she wants. Can you post pics of her and of the enclosure + lights. What has she been eating and how often does she get calcium ?

Bruce Wayne

Original Poster
Give her a 5 minute warm soak so she can drink if she wants. Can you post pics of her and of the enclosure + lights. What has she been eating and how often does she get calcium ?
373F3E0A-F4C3-4568-8FE0-A7BDDAB2BCE7.jpeg

Her diet consists of Dubias, Silkworms and Superworms once in a while. Gets calcium daily.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that sounds fine. Just a short soak to see if she'll drink, then pat her dry + quickly put her back in the enclosure to dry completely for at least an hour before the lights go off.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom