Lesson #1: How to Give Your Beardie A Bath

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Let your beardie soak for about 15 – 20 minutes. The water should not be higher than his shoulders and it should be a little over lukewarm max. Baths help with shedding, pooping, and just the overall cleanness of your beardie.

Cheers,
Hatchi

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good ! It's important to know the best temp. and water level . :) I'd recommend just 5-10 minutes tops though. And if they poo in it you have to get them out quick.
And never, ever leave them unattended, especially babies. They can aspirate water quickly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Sounds good ! It's important to know the best temp. and water level . :) I'd recommend just 5-10 minutes tops though. And if they poo in it you have to get them out quick.
And never, ever leave them unattended, especially babies. They can aspirate water quickly.
They use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, they can't do both at the same time, so it goes without saying they can't swim and breath at the same time either. They can drown very quickly. I agree whole heartedly never leave them unattended (don't force them to swim either, it may be cute but it's insanely dangerous for them)

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
They use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, they can't do both at the same time, so it goes without saying they can't swim and breath at the same time either. They can drown very quickly. I agree whole heartedly never leave them unattended (don't force them to swim either, it may be cute but it's insanely dangerous for them)
xp29, thank you so much for your reply. You are totally right. Beardies should never be left unattended during a bath!

Cheers,
Hatchi

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
And never, ever leave them unattended, especially babies. They can aspirate water quickly., thank you so much for your reply. You are totally right. Beardies should never be left unattended during a bath!
AHBD, thank you so much for your reply. I totally agree with you. Leaving beardies unattended during a bath is very risky!

Cheers,
Hatchi

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I still use bins (I haven't graduated to the bathtub yet)- I would add to be careful of the beardie finding their reflection. At times it would freak Rocky out and it is bath time for me!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom