Leg paralysis? in baby beardie impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

So,i got this beardie 2 months ago from a breeder. He said the baby beardie just started to eat and he sent it right away. Now the first week everything was perfect,he was eating,moving around,pooping,but then he just stopped.He didn't want to eat anything (we offered dubias,worms,greens,fruit) and he stopped moving.This went on for a week before we started force feeding him.That seemed to work and he got kind of active again. We still force feed him,he looks very active and alert,he even finished shedding like a week ago.Now comes the big problem,his back and fron legs.They don't move like they are supposed to.When he tries to move they go up above his tail and are straight.He just can't move. When you poke his fingers he moves them.
He is in a 60 gallon tank with arcadia 12%+D3 uvb T8 that is 9 inches from.his basking spot.We use arcadia 50w basking bulb and the temp is 105.He gets his dubias with calcium once a day.

Nina018

Original Poster
111822-2484431649.jpg
This was taken at the start of his shed.
111822-3804812073.jpg
111822-4152685655.jpg
111822-1098644361.jpg
This is him sleeping right now,tho he stays in that position most of the day because he can't move.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your dragon is having so much trouble!
As suggested, your tube UVB looks good but it does need a reflector encircling the light so
it is directed downward onto him.
The distance needs to be closer a bit, to a 6-8 inch since it is a T8. That is a nice bulb though
but it just needs to be directed towards him a little better.
What type of calcium are you using, is it with or without D3 in it?
Based on your description of his behavior it does sound like he is having some calcium issues
right now.
You might want to consider a liquid calcium for awhile to help out his levels.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

So,i got this beardie 2 months ago from a breeder. He said the baby beardie just started to eat and he sent it right away. Now the first week everything was perfect,he was eating,moving around,pooping,but then he just stopped.He didn't want to eat anything (we offered dubias,worms,greens,fruit) and he stopped moving.This went on for a week before we started force feeding him.That seemed to work and he got kind of active again. We still force feed him,he looks very active and alert,he even finished shedding like a week ago.Now comes the big problem,his back and fron legs.They don't move like they are supposed to.When he tries to move they go up above his tail and are straight.He just can't move. When you poke his fingers he moves them.
He is in a 60 gallon tank with arcadia 12%+D3 uvb T8 that is 9 inches from.his basking spot.We use arcadia 50w basking bulb and the temp is 105.He gets his dubias with calcium once a day.
Do you have a cover in between the light and the dragon?

Don't give anymore bugs till you see him go number 2. Get an eye dropper, baby food 1st stage pumpkin, sweet potatoes, prunes, and grab a tiny jar of chicken just in case so you don't have to go back. I would also grab some pedialyte clear plain.

I think you could have a light problem. The basking after they eat is how they digest the food of its not right they won't digest properly and problems begin. Getting him in the warm tub to soak and start with a little bit of pumpkin with some warm water to warm it up to thin it a bit.

I think you could have a light problem. The basking after they eat is how they digest the food of its not right they won't digest properly and problems begin. Getting him in the warm tub to soak and start with a little bit of pumpkin with some warm water to warm it up to thin it a bit.
The T5 light us the only one that will go through screen so the T8 light cannot have anything between the light and the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom