Lazy Beardie low appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
I got some water in him still unresponsive I dunno what happened I mean he's just gotten worse and worse and worse and I've done everything I can and spent 340 dollars for better stuff for him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah you did a great job with him , sometimes it's the ADV that I mentioned. Was he from a store ?

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
stupid pet smart its probably my fault and i killed him. i see what you meant by adv yeah possibly he hasnt pooped in a while and his butt seemed like it was in pain. hes eaten a couple pretty big crickets so it was probably my fault time to go get some vodka.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
ADV is short for atadenovirus. A good portion of beardies have it and as babies it hits them hard, some survive but many die. It's not your fault.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I know and completely understand --- our vet tech mod is working on research for ADV she can better explain it -- you would only be able to be certain if it is ADV by a blood test I think -- atadenovirus -- they are doing research as the cause of the virus -- please contact her if you like you can PM her look her user name on the board click on it and her profile will come up look for PM on the left side of the page --- I dont know how else to help you w/him in except keep trying --- I would try and get some food into him --- and keep him hydrated and warm under his light and UVB --

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
man this sucks is there a way i can find out what killed him.... rigor mortis has set in so i know he is 100% dead and its a rotten feeling like i totally killed the little guy. i literally cant stop crying this sucks ass

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry you can have a necroscopy done you would need to find out how much it would cost -- I dont think it was your fault -- it sounds like he may have been sick when you got him --- and it sucks to have to go thru this -- I have been thru it a couple of times --- make sure if you decide to get another one later on down the road you sanitize your tank ---- F 10 found on Walmart website its spendy -- Rescue or some Zoo Meds Wipe Out since you dont know exactly what he passed from --- if it was atadenovirus that is contagious so its always best to sanitize

Cute pic ---

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, he was such a cutie and it's obvious by the nice big tank and decorations you got him that you cared very much. You're certainly not a garbage person, it's like Karrie said that he might have had the virus. It's so very sad for you but don't be angry at yourself, even though it's a human reaction to blame ourselves. You tried to do everything for him, that is love and no way were you negligent.

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
well it makes me feel better hearing that cuz i did stay up almost every night he was sick googling and researching beardies so i could help him, he looked healthy no stress marks his teeth were nice and white and a pink mouth. im making a little casket out of wood for him and im setting up a pyre for him i know peopole might think its stupid but im sending him off roman style to elysium. Mainly because thats in my will to have a roman funeral so. Thank you all for your time and support thank you very much
for your almost instant help KarrieRee maybe with the knowledge i have now i can rescue a beardie since i have the giant tank and everything now. I wish it could have been a happy ending. Just hurts not to be able to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom