Lazy Beardie low appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post another pic please I have flagged the post to someone else who can maybe help -- how old is the dragon and what has he been eating ? Anything at all ? What size insects ? He may be impacted I am not sure -- I was under the impression the dragon was larger than he is ---

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
His butts all clean but he is unresponsive... Is he dead? All I did was give him a warmth bath he was moving around just fine before that.....
112095-8063881844.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not know ---- can you see him breathing at all? This is heartbreaking --

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
He's like two months he just moved around a bit like he was backing off his basking spot so I put him a little lower he's about 10 inches from head to tail. I spent like 20 minutes cleaning his but and a little plug kind of came off and his butt looks cleaner now he seems like he's in pain or something he ate a small cricket yesterday cuz the crickets gone he does seem a little stressed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I need you to set up this tank a 20 gallon tote take the UVB and the basking light set it on the end of the tank w/ a clamp and the UVB directly over him so hes getting both of them --- AHBD has a pic she can post - I have flagged the post to her -- you need to keep him hydrated and warm -- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get temps - use newspaper for substrate -- you need to syringe feed him a slurry of greens make it watery so hes getting hydration--- feed very slowly so he does not aspirate feed about 1/2 ml add some crickets in the slurry along w/ a pinch of calcium D3 -- what UVB are you using again? T 5 or a T 8 ?

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
I think I just literally watched him die...... Now he looks bloated mouth open don't see breathing and his limbs are stiff

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes he doesnt look good --- I am so sorry ---- what in the world happened? How long has he been like this? Get him the tank like I posted and we need to keep him warm and try and get some water in him -- syringe slow so he does not aspirate and let him swallow what you put in

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, something took him quickly and drastically. :( Was he from a store or breeder ? He may have had atadenovirus [ ADV ] which is semi common in beardies and can kill babies quickly. Sometimes eating large crickets that they can't pass can also be fatal, how big were they ?

I'm so, so sorry that this happened. I know that your heart is broken so people here can help you grieve, many of us have been through the death of a beardie and we know it can hit hard. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom