Lazy Beardie low appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post another pic please I have flagged the post to someone else who can maybe help -- how old is the dragon and what has he been eating ? Anything at all ? What size insects ? He may be impacted I am not sure -- I was under the impression the dragon was larger than he is ---

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
His butts all clean but he is unresponsive... Is he dead? All I did was give him a warmth bath he was moving around just fine before that.....
112095-8063881844.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not know ---- can you see him breathing at all? This is heartbreaking --

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
He's like two months he just moved around a bit like he was backing off his basking spot so I put him a little lower he's about 10 inches from head to tail. I spent like 20 minutes cleaning his but and a little plug kind of came off and his butt looks cleaner now he seems like he's in pain or something he ate a small cricket yesterday cuz the crickets gone he does seem a little stressed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I need you to set up this tank a 20 gallon tote take the UVB and the basking light set it on the end of the tank w/ a clamp and the UVB directly over him so hes getting both of them --- AHBD has a pic she can post - I have flagged the post to her -- you need to keep him hydrated and warm -- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get temps - use newspaper for substrate -- you need to syringe feed him a slurry of greens make it watery so hes getting hydration--- feed very slowly so he does not aspirate feed about 1/2 ml add some crickets in the slurry along w/ a pinch of calcium D3 -- what UVB are you using again? T 5 or a T 8 ?

Aresthebeardie

Original Poster
I think I just literally watched him die...... Now he looks bloated mouth open don't see breathing and his limbs are stiff

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes he doesnt look good --- I am so sorry ---- what in the world happened? How long has he been like this? Get him the tank like I posted and we need to keep him warm and try and get some water in him -- syringe slow so he does not aspirate and let him swallow what you put in

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, something took him quickly and drastically. :( Was he from a store or breeder ? He may have had atadenovirus [ ADV ] which is semi common in beardies and can kill babies quickly. Sometimes eating large crickets that they can't pass can also be fatal, how big were they ?

I'm so, so sorry that this happened. I know that your heart is broken so people here can help you grieve, many of us have been through the death of a beardie and we know it can hit hard. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom