Laying eggs unexpectedly

RHaynes

My beardie is around 8 months old and started acting strange today by crawling under her carpet to hide. I came home from work to discover she was laying eggs. She has laid 2 eggs so far. I didn’t prepare a box or anything because I didn’t know the sex of my dragon. She is laying on the glass bottom of her cage hiding under her carpet laying the eggs. What can I do for her right now while she lays her eggs? How do I know when she is finished?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is around 8 months old and started acting strange today by crawling under her carpet to hide. I came home from work to discover she was laying eggs. She has laid 2 eggs so far. I didn’t prepare a box or anything because I didn’t know the sex of my dragon. She is laying on the glass bottom of her cage hiding under her carpet laying the eggs. What can I do for her right now while she lays her eggs? How do I know when she is finished?
Ahbd is a better one to help you
@AHBD

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She may want to try to cover them when she is done, one of mine laid 17 just over a week ago and like you i had no idea she was going to. She never tried to dig even once before she laid them, but when she was done she started trying to cover them up. I was afraid it would stress her out so i went and got some sand in a tote(i had play sand in the garage) i moistened it and put her in. She kicked with her back legs like she was covering the eggs and then she was done just like nothing ever happened. Thats why i say you may want to get a small dig box, so your dragon can feel like she is finished.

Oh now you know FOR SURE her sex lol :cool:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She started trying to cover them up.

RHaynes

Original Poster
How many bearded dragons do you have? I have 2 in separate 40 gallon tanks. Originally got them as babies in November for my kiddos but I have taken over their care. Never would think I would love reptiles as much as I do my babies. I assume the other one is a male. Both like to cuddle and have big personalities.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I have 3. Zen my male is going on 4
Ruby my girlfriends beardie is 3, she is a rehab that has overcome alot. She is the sweetest creature on the planet.
She is the one that laid eggs.
And Snicker Doodle i think is about 1 year old give or take. She was bought for a breeding project but yhe guy decided he wanted to breed snakes instead (his loss) i didn't get a lot of info on her when i got her.
Beardies make it easy to fall in love with reptikes lol.

RHaynes

Original Poster
4C93E135-C49D-45C3-B8FC-4B97A6853B32.jpeg

RHaynes

Original Poster
This is my female that just laid the eggs.

Attachments

• AC02AAFE-BBEF-460E-BFE2-70CDB94BFEE0.jpeg
    AC02AAFE-BBEF-460E-BFE2-70CDB94BFEE0.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 79

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They are gorgeous! How many did she end up laying? Zen was originally Pandora lol (Same thing we thought he was female to). I think we gave him a complex lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom