Laying eggs unexpectedly

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh O.K, pet store dragons can be older than the employees can tell but at least your dragons grew big + strong. They might be a little older but it doesn't matter too much in the big picture. They both look great.:)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow thats a huge 1st clutch.
ATTA GIRL!!! :cool:
Be sure to load up on calcium for the next week or so she will be depleted.
Real sun would be good also 30 minutes to an hour per day.

RHaynes

Original Poster
Oh O.K, pet store dragons can be older than the employees can tell but at least your dragons grew big + strong. They might be a little older but it doesn't matter too much in the big picture. They both look great.:)
I really appreciate your feedback! This is my first reptile experience and I want to be able to provide the best care of them. I have researched their care and continue to look for better ways.
They are kind of picky eaters but eat their collard greens and yellow bell peppers. They used to eat crickets but won’t touch them now. Drakeo(female) likes Dubia roaches and super worms and Shelsea(male) only likes super worms. I haven’t tried the horn worms yet because they look massive. Any suggestions on other protein sources? They do get fruits on occasion.
I have trained Shelsea to drink from the kitchen faucet like a lizard drinking fountain and of course he drinks in his bath. Drakeo prefers I mist her face from a bottle or drip water on her face.
Still getting used to the gender switch 🤷🏻‍♀️

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Both of your dragons grew quickly and are hefty chonks, not fat, just really big. Some dragons like that will hold out for their fave food and the new owners will get nervous and just feed them only what they accept. With big dragons like these you can hold off on the preferred food item and only give them some greens until they accept the insect that you have for them. Sometimes takes a good 4-5 days , even a week or longer but they almost always will get hungry enough to decide that whatever you have is once again acceptable and downright delicious.

RHaynes

Original Poster
I will try that approach. It’s scary for first time owners like me to know. The internet like everything tells you all sorts of conflicting information.
Thank you again for all of your help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The exception would be if your female looks very depleted after egg laying, they should get pretty much what they want but of course the healthy greens as well.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Silkworms are also great feeders.
Be careful with the hornworms and Silkworms though. They get hooked on them extremely quick and will refuse everything esle. Hornworms are great for hydration but again be careful their poop gets very runny if they eat alot of them.

RHaynes

Original Poster
F27ECD64-CB13-46F3-81BE-5FAA3BD2488B.jpeg

This was the size of my female when I got her from the pet store

RHaynes

Original Poster
This is my male when we first got him from the pet store

Attachments

• 0C2DD949-2F79-4C48-8054-F400BF5E3921.jpeg
    0C2DD949-2F79-4C48-8054-F400BF5E3921.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 82

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They look to be about 8 to 10 weeks old in those pics. Alot of pet stores don't feed them enough to grow though, babies are easier to sell and they don't want them to grow, so its always a guessing game.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom