Lack of basking and Stress marks HELP!!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello. My sweet girl Hazel hasnt been basking as she used to. I have no idea what is going on. When I feel her she was warm. Now when i feel her, She was cold and she also has stress marks. I will go over Things I feed her, Lights, etc.

UVB:
T5 UVB Tube light(Idk what brand cuz I need to find the box lol)
I just Replaced it last week so it's about a week old. The light is
placed in the middle of the tank where the light is 7 in. Above her basking spot.
there's two Sides she can cool off.

FOOD:
I give her Crickets, Dubias, Superworms(For a treat since i don't buy
them for the matter of fact that 20 or 30 of them is almost $30 and I
dont have that money for just a small container), Waxworms(Again a treat),
and Hornworms. Fruits, Veggies, and greens I give her are collard greens,
Kale, Shredded carrots, Blueberries, Strawberries(Some of these are treats
as an FYI becuz what I heard that giving too much will cause problems) and
a few other choices that she hates eating.

TANK:
I just updated it to a 75 or 80 gallon tank so it's Huge for her lol. I dont
know the measurements But i will need to find the thing it came with.
(I have a terrible memory when it comes to measurments lolXD)

Temperatures:
I read her temp. with probe thermometer which reads to 95-100.
Should I bring it down a tiny bit? She is almost 9- 10 months old and I am wondering if the temps are a little too high for her.

I also take her outside everyday and Go on walks with her in mt hands. We usually sit out there for about 30- 45 mins.

I hope I know what's wrong with her.

--- -Hazel_AndWarrior_10

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello. My sweet girl Hazel hasnt been basking as she used to. I have no idea what is going on. When I feel her she was warm. Now when i feel her, She was cold and she also has stress marks. I will go over Things I feed her, Lights, etc.

UVB:
T5 UVB Tube light(Idk what brand cuz I need to find the box lol)
I just Replaced it last week so it's about a week old. The light is
placed in the middle of the tank where the light is 7 in. Above her basking spot.
there's two Sides she can cool off.

FOOD:
I give her Crickets, Dubias, Superworms(For a treat since i don't buy
them for the matter of fact that 20 or 30 of them is almost $30 and I
dont have that money for just a small container), Waxworms(Again a treat),
and Hornworms. Fruits, Veggies, and greens I give her are collard greens,
Kale, Shredded carrots, Blueberries, Strawberries(Some of these are treats
as an FYI becuz what I heard that giving too much will cause problems) and
a few other choices that she hates eating.

TANK:
I just updated it to a 75 or 80 gallon tank so it's Huge for her lol. I dont
know the measurements But i will need to find the thing it came with.
(I have a terrible memory when it comes to measurments lolXD)

Temperatures:
I read her temp. with probe thermometer which reads to 95-100.
Should I bring it down a tiny bit? She is almost 9- 10 months old and I am wondering if the temps are a little too high for her.

I also take her outside everyday and Go on walks with her in mt hands. We usually sit out there for about 30- 45 mins.

I hope I know what's wrong with her.

--- -Hazel_AndWarrior_10
Is the UVB inside the tank or top of screen? And if you look the on bulb itself it will tell you brand -- what kind of basking bulb are you using? Brand please -- it needs to be a solid clear bright white bulb- no off white or yellowish bulbs and no daytime bulbs please --

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I do not use daytime bulbs. It's a ZooMed T5 UVB Light Fixture. The UVB is inside the tank. and no it's just a white bulb. No off whit or yellowish color. The Basking light is a 75 watt Zoomed repti Basking Spotlight.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Could it be the tank? I did switch her over from a 35 gallon to a 80 gallon two weeks ago.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I need to upload the pic on my phone becuz My computer is crappy to upload pics and vids.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She's going thru relocation stress - her eating is probably off which is normal- please post a pic of your tank -
You need 2 digital probe thermometers for that tank --- surface basking temps of 95-100 - and the UVB should be inside your tank w/ it directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches --- look on the bulb it will tell you the brand of the bulb --

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have looked at the Bulb and it's a ZooMed(Love ZooMed but not all things are from them) I will def keep an eye out on the temps. Right now she is sleeping and she hasn't pooped in about three days so I gave her a slurry of Olive oil and canned pumpkin and she pooped today!! I am not sure wth Is going on but I'm doing everything I can to help her out. I'm also doing everything to help Warrior which i also moved him and he is not doing this. Maybe is she sick? Do I need to take her to the vet? All Warrior has is stress marks which is normal when moving tanks but Hazel Doesn't have stress marks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have looked at the Bulb and it's a ZooMed(Love ZooMed but not all things are from them) I will def keep an eye out on the temps. Right now she is sleeping and she hasn't pooped in about three days so I gave her a slurry of Olive oil and canned pumpkin and she pooped today!! I am not sure wth Is going on but I'm doing everything I can to help her out. I'm also doing everything to help Warrior which i also moved him and he is not doing this. Maybe is she sick? Do I need to take her to the vet? All Warrior has is stress marks which is normal when moving tanks but Hazel Doesn't have stress marks.
Can the dragons see each other? this is going to cause a lot of stress-- make sure your temps are good in the tank and the UVB is properly placed so we can rule out this for stress marks - moving her into the new tank and if she can see Warrior is going to cause stress--

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They are in separate rooms becuz She would hiss at him when I Put them in the same room for 1 hour and then moved him. Her stress marks are Still sorta going away but. I have two Digital probe thermometers On each side of the tank and goes the same with Warrior. Hazels read around 90-95 degrees and Warrior's read 95-100 so I probably need to Drop his a tad bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They are in separate rooms becuz She would hiss at him when I Put them in the same room for 1 hour and then moved him. Her stress marks are Still sorta going away but. I have two Digital probe thermometers On each side of the tank and goes the same with Warrior. Hazels read around 90-95 degrees and Warrior's read 95-100 so I probably need to Drop his a tad bit.
No I would raise hers to 95-100-- and its good her stress marks are starting to dissipate -- she may just need to adjust to the new tank - give her some time - get your UVB and surface basking temps corrected if need be and watch her behavior - and keep them separate from seeing one another as well ---

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom