Kicking back leg????

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Hello, my bearded dragon suddenly starting kicking her left back leg. She stood up and walked around and seemed fine but I just want to make sure. She just started doing this now and once in a while she’ll either kick a small kick once, or a bunch of big kicks. I lifted both of her back legs and the left one is easier to left than the right. What do I do?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    3.5 MB

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Is it possible there is some stuck shed and maybe she is itchy? Just an initial thought... Thanks for the video. @AHBD, any thoughts? In case it becomes important, what's your setup like? How big is your beardie's tank and what UVB bulb do you use? What are the temps in your basking zone and cool side? Thanks!

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is it possible there is some stuck shed and maybe she is itchy? Just an initial thought... Thanks for the video. @AHBD, any thoughts? In case it becomes important, what's your setup like? How big is your beardie's tank and what UVB bulb do you use? What are the temps in your basking zone and cool side? Thanks!
Her tank is about 40 to 50 gallons. I’m looking for a new UVB bulb because mine isn’t the best. I have been taking her outside everyday to make it up. Her basking area is usually high 90s to the 100s F and the cool side is 70-80 F. Her setup currently is a driftwood on the cool side, a hammock on the hot, fans a food+water bowl. She hasn’t shed in a while so I’m not sure. It doesn’t look like she’s growing and I don’t see any loose skin. The kick is unusual to me and I compared both of her back legs and the one she kicks with definitely more easy to move. The rest of her limbs seem pretty solid but that one is like.. loose? I’m not sure how to say it.

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
I’m happy to hear it’s not an issue! Since you mentioned looking for a new UVB, Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO and Arcadia 12% UVB T5 HO are fantastic bulbs.

CyreneQ

Hello, my bearded dragon suddenly starting kicking her left back leg. She stood up and walked around and seemed fine but I just want to make sure. She just started doing this now and once in a while she’ll either kick a small kick once, or a bunch of big kicks. I lifted both of her back legs and the left one is easier to left than the right. What do I do?

Did you ever figure out why the leg was kicking? Ours have been doing that also and wondering if it's serious.

CyreneQ

Did you ever figure out why the leg was kicking? Ours have been doing that also and wondering if it's serious.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He (turns out he’s actually a boy!) stopped doing it after a while. So I don’t think it’s a problem but all beardies are different so just keep an eye on em. Most likely it’s an itch or something.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom