KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Bowser is doing good. He has started eating crix every day on his own. Some days he eats 1 and some days 7, but he is getting better. I will try to get some pix up soon! :)

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I wanted to let you all know that Bowser had to be put to sleep the weekend before Thanksgiving. He had lost 30% of what little body weight he had and his tail had starting getting necrotic from the lack of blood flow. Dr. Schrock said that I had done everything possible and that he was probably too far gone when I got him.

I tried so hard to save him but I just couldn't. I wanted him to get better and get big and fat but he didn't. :(

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry :( . At least Bowser died knowing someone loved him. You did an amazing job caring for him and I'm sure he's grateful for everything you gave him.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm so sorry, dear. I agree with the previous posters. Bowser was to fortunate to be loved and cared for by you.
esther

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about Bowser. You rescuing him was a great thing and you gave him many months of great care as well as lots of TLC. There isn't anything more that you could have done. He is now totally well and running around with all the very special beardies at Rainbow Bridge.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
I really thought Bowser would make it he didnt seem as far gone as Rocky was :( atleast he got a chance to expirence having a real owner that loved him

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words. I knew something was wrong when his tail started getting brittle and just LOOKED dead, and the vet confirmed my suspisions. I hadn't realized he'd lost so much weight, either. Maybe I should have continued force-feeding him even though he was eating the crix. Idk. i still feel like there was more I should have or could have done.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
I am so sorry for your loss. I read through your entire story while at work, and think what you did was very brave and heroic of you. I am sorry you had to lose him, so quickly after losing your little Yoshi too :(

At least the last leg of Bowsers life, was significantly better than his other abusive situation.
Take care.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry about Bowser. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I am glad you had the chance to take care of him, even tho he was too far gone to last very long.

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry! U ight not hv saved him but u gave him luv! Thats all they really ask of us. My prayers r with u.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
I just read this entire thread and I'm sitting here crying! I can only
imagine how you feel! You did a wonderful thing to rescue Bowser
from the horrible life he was living. You gave him good help and
tried so hard to save him, and most of all you let him know someone
loved him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom