Juvenile Beardie

Forrest T.

Beardie name(s)
Pogona, Mulder, Scully, Falkor, Volka, Eli
My bearded dragon just turned into a juvenile, and I need him to eat more greens. He has never really eaten greens for me, but I wasn't as concerned due to his young age, but now that he is growing, I am getting a bit worried. I DO NOT want a picky bearded dragon--I already have quite a few. Any suggestions are appreciated..

Thank you

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
All i can say is good luck, more than not are picky. There is no sure far way, you can try insects to lure him. You can try bee pollen, or a little fruit juice spritzed on his greens. Mostly you just have to keep offering them and hope he decideds to eat them.

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogona, Mulder, Scully, Falkor, Volka, Eli
All i can say is good luck, more than not are picky. There is no sure far way, you can try insects to lure him. You can try bee pollen, or a little fruit juice spritzed on his greens. Mostly you just have to keep offering them and hope he decideds to eat them.
All right..ill try thank you very much

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I wish i could be better help, but they can be outright stubborn about greens.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
My beardy refused to eat greens when I first got him. He actually went on a hunger strike for a few days upon arrival but then only ate protein. I tried to offer greens but he'd ignore them.

I tried a few tactics but the one that worked for me was indeed superworms in salad with the salad slightly dusted with the same calcium powder the worms had. Mine is significantly lighter than yours (only 12 oz) but he's fairly small (16").

I stopped feeding him daily but kept his greens bowl full with the light calcium dust. He caved and started eating the greens. I don't think I've seen him eat them without the calcium powder, but I don't put that much on it.

Also, try various greens. My dude straight up won't eat collard greens (which many people report their beardy will!) but he will eat Mustard greens, Turnip greens and snap peas (although the first two are most important). Also try to color it up a bit, my dude seems to notice the salad more often when there's mango, papaya, apple or bell pepper in it.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom