Juvenile Beardie eats LOTS of greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I know this might seem like a strange post, but after reading through forums and care sheets, my Beardie's (Heraclitus) behavior has me a little concerned. Heraclitus is about four months old and loves to eat his crickets - he generally eats between 30-50 a day. However, he also really enjoys his greens and eats a least a small bowlful a day. I've read through many care sheets and forums, and everything I have read says that Beardies should eat mainly crickets when they are young, and mainly greens when they are older. Should I be concerned that Heraclitus is eating so much of his veggies at such a young age? And if so, should I start to limit the amount I give him, so that he can't eat as many, regardless of if he wants them?

Thank you in advance for any advice you might have!

Heraclitus

Original Poster
Thank you Jewel. :) I'm sorry to waste your time with what probably seems a stupid question, but I love my Beardie and just wanted to make sure he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom