Juvenile Bearded Dragon Poop

interestingmark

Original Poster
Hey everyone I have a question. I just got a juvenile 4 days ago. He’s very docile and loves handling. Very active, temps are right. However he only eats I would say around 10-15 dubia roaches a day maybe even a little less. And today he pooped around 3-5 times and these were all small droppings. They looked normal, no worms in them or anything however very small droppings. Could this be because I just got him or something else? Please help! Thank You

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone I have a question. I just got a juvenile 4 days ago. He’s very docile and loves handling. Very active, temps are right. However he only eats I would say around 10-15 dubia roaches a day maybe even a little less. And today he pooped around 3-5 times and these were all small droppings. They looked normal, no worms in them or anything however very small droppings. Could this be because I just got him or something else? Please help! Thank You
Its good hes eating that many usually they eat less w/ relocation stress - so just to let you know that may slow as well -- and yes its ok hes pooping in small amounts - is there white urate in there as well?

interestingmark

Original Poster
Its good hes eating that many usually they eat less w/ relocation stress - so just to let you know that may slow as well -- and yes its ok hes pooping in small amounts - is there white urate in there as well?
Yes there is white urates in his poop, however he might be slightly dehydrated so gonna feed some hornworms or some watery veggies soon. U don’t think it could be anything parasite related?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes there is white urates in his poop, however he might be slightly dehydrated so gonna feed some hornworms or some watery veggies soon. U don’t think it could be anything parasite related?
It might be but I would hold off for now - does the poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? It could be stress related as well- if the urate is dry and chalky then he would be dehydrated

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's inexpensive to get a fecal test done at the vet. It's something i would aways recommend. Its like paying 35 dollars for piece of mind.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom