Juvenile/baby beardies

BallPythonNut53

Original Poster
I just wanted to ask for those with experience with babies/juveniles how much it's different from sub-adults. When we got ours, he was like 6 months old and pretty easy to handle.

We already know they require move bugs than greens at that age but not much else. Does anyone know of a good guide to differences in care/behavior?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The care is basicly the same, just make sure you have good uvb and the correct basking temps (babies need 105 to 110). The feeding is the same all the way till they are adult. They tend to be more jumpy and skiddish as hatchlings, so keep that in mind when handling them. Have patience with babies, every single thing is new to them and we are big scary giants to them, it takes them a little while to become comfortable and confident. I have raised 3 from hatchlings it is quite rewarding.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom