Juvenile, 6-8 months old not eating, sleeping all day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And also. Is it 22” from the basking spot or from the bottom of the tank?
Please get rid of the red bulb all together throw it away---- replace the coil UVB if your using a coil they are terrible UVB's --- I posted above what you need -- the 22" is the length of the UVB bulb you need for the Zoo Med fixture/ hood --- when you get the UVB replaced and you need to do this now please post back on here and I will help you place it in the tank -- your screen will determine where your UVB will go --- here are some links to the UVB's -- the basking bulbs you showed me are good -- just make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get surface basking temps --
24" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Use one of your basking bulbs you showed me and take out the red bulb -- do not use it

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Please get rid of the red bulb all together throw it away---- replace the coil UVB if your using a coil they are terrible UVB's --- I posted above what you need -- the 22" is the length of the UVB bulb you need for the Zoo Med fixture/ hood --- when you get the UVB replaced and you need to do this now please post back on here and I will help you place it in the tank -- your screen will determine where your UVB will go --- here are some links to the UVB's -- the basking bulbs you showed me are good -- just make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get surface basking temps --
24" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Use one of your basking bulbs you showed me and take out the red bulb -- do not use it

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Yes the red light is replaced. Are the hood lights better? And the zoomed fixture works with them correct? I’m just curious. I’m heading out now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the red light is replaced. Are the hood lights better? And the zoomed fixture works with them correct? I’m just curious. I’m heading out now
If you find it in the Pet Stores make sure you look at the pics I posted --- you dont want a coil UVB the Zoo Med hood I posted is one of the best on the market -- you can also look for this at PetSmart for a good UVB
24 watts Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do the hoods require a fixture?
the hood / fixture is the same -- some people call them fixtures some call them hoods they are one in the same -- look at the pics I posted - the Zoo Med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb T 5 not a T 8 it will not fit the 24" hood / fixture I posted

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
So it does n
the hood / fixture is the same -- some people call them fixtures some call them hoods they are one in the same -- look at the pics I posted - the Zoo Med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb T 5 not a T 8 it will not fit the 24" hood / fixture
the hood / fixture is the same -- some people call them fixtures some call them hoods they are one in the same -- look at the pics I posted - the Zoo Med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb T 5 not a T 8 it will not fit the 24" hood / fixture I posted
so it does not need to be suspended?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So it does n
Yes and I have some things I can post for you to use to hang w/ -- its going to depend on the screen on your tank will determine where it goes--I will need to find out what type of screen you have fine mesh or a wide holed type --

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Yes and I have some things I can post for you to use to hang w/ -- its going to depend on the screen on your tank will determine where it goes--I will need to find out what type of screen you have fine mesh or a wide holed type --

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I got the thins you asked. Elminted the light stand by getting a fixture that dims the heat bulb
Ok so let start by getting a piece of decor directly under your UVB 8-10 inches - the piece of decor you have under the basking bulb does it lay down? the long piece under the bulb it self - looks like the trunk -- I would move the water dish and put your log over there and take your UVB and place it width wise on your screen on the end of the tank moving the basking bulb over -- see if you can get the basking decor under both of the lights if you cant thats fine you want a decor piece directly under the UVB -- did you get some digital probe thermometers? You need those your not getting accurate surface basking temps w/ out them

Amilly

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Ok so let start by getting a piece of decor directly under your UVB 8-10 inches - the piece of decor you have under the basking bulb does it lay down? the long piece under the bulb it self - looks like the trunk -- I would move the water dish and put your log over there and take your UVB and place it width wise on your screen on the end of the tank moving the basking bulb over -- see if you can get the basking decor under both of the lights if you cant thats fine you want a decor piece directly under the UVB -- did you get some digital probe thermometers? You need those your not getting accurate surface basking temps w/ out them
Alright he’s all set up. And been soaking up the UVB, do you know how long it wod take for him to start showing improvements and eating again?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Alright he’s all set up. And been soaking up the UVB, do you know how long it wod take for him to start showing improvements and eating again?
Not long --- how did you get the tank set up can you post a pic of it please-- as long as those surface basking temps are good and hes got his UVB properly placed and distanced he should start eating again right away --- what are you feeding him? I can help w/ insects and salads etc as well -- did you say hes 8 months old approx? Please post a good pic of him

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom