Just curious

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi so im just curious on peoples thoughts of taking your dragon out while they are asleep (not in brumation) to cuddle? I work 1:30pm - 11pm and by the time i get home i just want to cuddle with him. i have taken him out on my days off around 9pm an hour after his lights go off so hes in a deep sleep and he seemed to have no care in the world. im just curious if anyone else does this? Is it harmful to their sleep or health?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Probably not harmful, but you can startle them. That can lead to getting bit if your dragon is skittish. (I found that one out the hard way)

Sabra

Beardie name(s)
Neo
Probably not harmful, but you can startle them. That can lead to getting bit if your dragon is skittish. (I found that one out the hard way)
How bad can a bite be? I've seen a few videos of people being bitten, but none seemed to even be bad enough to break the skin. I guess if its a food bite?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It depends on if they mean it or not. If they bite you getting food they usually spit you right back out lol. But if they are mad or startled they can bite quite hard. Their teeth isn't really the problem, they aren't that big. It's the ridge plate in the top of their mouth that can really hurt you. It's sharp and boney. If you get a finger that far in their mouth they could probably send you for stitches.

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
My man is pretty calm the few times I had to move him while he was asleep he stayed asleep. Heck he even went into a deeper sleep it seemed when I picked him up.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've got 1 that gets startled, he broke the skin enough for a band aid. Now i just steer clear of his mouth at night lol 😆

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I honestly don't see a problem with it. As long as he is comfortable with you, he likely wont mind at
all & would get used to it & enjoy the attention.
So sweet, they do get very spoiled.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom