Just curious….

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
How long did it take your beardie to actually want to come up to you when you put your hands in their enclosure? Mine is still a baby and he gets spastic sometimes. Lol!

Attachments

• 7201954E-3CF1-442E-9A91-9DD904EC175D.jpeg
    7201954E-3CF1-442E-9A91-9DD904EC175D.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 66

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I think it depends on the beardie. Allow the beardie to get to know their new environment AND you, your smell, etc. Trust me, it may seem like forever but it will happen sooner than you realize. You can also try to pet him for short periods while in the enclosure or feed him until he gets used to you. That worked for me.

Secret: I was scared of Rocky. I took so long - I fed and pet Rocky but I think Rocky eventually came up to me with the stink eye like PICK ME UP ALREADY!!

Your beardie is a cutie and worth the wait. You're in for a roller coaster (in a good way) so enjoy these days while you have them:ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Rocky, they grow incredibly fast, you will look around very soon and wonder when did my beardie get that big? The change in their face is astonishing, they go from having that cute little babies face to a dragons face seemingly overnight.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I agree with Rocky, they grow incredibly fast, you will look around very soon and wonder when did my beardie get that big? The change in their face is astonishing, they go from having that cute little babies face to a dragons face seemingly overnight.
This is so true. You will find yourself staring with amazement. I am still obsessed. This is my first reptile and my posts reflect my adventures. I have had happy moments, fears, confusing moments like the rest of the members here but most of all I am having fun! I feel there's so much to learn so much each and every day. Each beardie is so unique when it comes to personalities.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom