Just adopted this dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyhill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pablo
Your lighting set up is perfectly fine. Plenty of places to thermo-regulate and absorb UV
Right now its not perfect, His larger enclosure and tube UVB bulb wont be here until the 10th. But I will be setting it up very similar too that one you saw pictures of

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Right now its not perfect, His larger enclosure and tube UVB bulb wont be here until the 10th. But I will be setting it up very similar too that one you saw pictures of
that confused me a little bit too. i think badwolfe thought the examples i posted of my setup was what you have. good to hear you have the enclosure and lights coming! can't wait to see how you get things placed.

inky

This is Pablo a sweet but slightly crazy approximately 2.5 year old boy. I adopted him a few days ago.

I received him in a 40 gallon enclosure with a walnut shell a substrate and he has not had his UVB changed until when I adopted him a few days ago, I have ordered a 4x2x2 enclosure front opening PVC enclosure with a screen top. I plan on changing his substate later today in the meantime while i wait for his larger enclosure which I am debating on going a sterile tile route or going bioactive. Also in his new enclosure I plan on placing a tube UVB bulb inside the enclosure I am thinking arcadia 10.0 or reptisun.

Surprisingly he seems like a healthy dragon from what I can tell doesnt look like he has MBD. Although i think his femoral pores may be clogged, and he has a little stuck shed I have given him one bath and i planned on giving another later today. He has a bit of an appetite not as much as id like to see though and he has pooped twice.

Anyways any tips on how to care for this dude and give him a great home would be greatly appreciated. He is my first beardy but I’ve had a few different reptiles and amphibians over the years. (Corn snake, a few frogs, and leopard geckos)

Oh and if anyone in the Vancouver WA area with the time and space to take his brother I think the previous owner may still have his brother and he is also in need of a loving home(Same living conditions, I would take him myself but I do not have the space)
tips for caring are feed him alot of salads once a day i recommend a nanotech bulb uvb if you want a bulb

Bobbyhill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pablo
that confused me a little bit too. i think badwolfe thought the examples i posted of my setup was what you have. good to hear you have the enclosure and lights coming! can't wait to see how you get things placed.
Yeah I think you are right, on the 10th I should be getting everything from amazon I will post some pics then! My plans are pretty similar to what you have

Bobbyhill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pablo
Yeah I will post pictures as soon as I get it on the 10th and put it all together, it will be pretty similar to what you have lol just a different branch and hide and I am gonna add a dig box but other than that lighting wise I think I am gonna do basically exactly what you have done (basking light will probably be outside of tank but same sorta placement, probably just gonna beed a stronger bulb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom