just adopted 2 babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been telling my son I would buy him a beardie for a while now, and we finally did it. As soon as my daughter met her, she wanted one of her own. Everything I had read said you can house them in pairs, so we went for it. Now we have 2 juveniles in one cage. I'm not sure of their ages. One is about 7in. Long, and the other, about 8.5. They are exhibiting some aggressive behavior such as laying on one another, arm waiving, head bobbing, and the larger one bit the smaller one once. We now have a divider in the cage, until we can get another habitat. I'm not sure if they would have eventually established a hierarchy, and quit this behavior. Or if they would have continued until one was injured or worse. I couldn't take the chance of one of these beauties getting injured.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
what would of happened would probably be the latter of the two possible outcomes. unfortunately everything does say you can but it is not advised even with males and females unless you are breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom