JUST A REMINDER!!

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hey ya'll,
Ive read a couple peoples post that have said when the tank is to hot they blast the fan, i'm sure most of ya'll know that beardies have a pineal (3rd) eye in between there eye space and a little down, it senses when danger is coming and reacts to light. The fan absolutely scaresss thee ****ttt out of your beardie because it thinks its always in danger, please try to leave the fan off, if your fan is always on and your beardies stressed that might be why!! Just a reminder!!

sheliah

Beardie name(s)
charlee
I agree my Charlee hates the ceiling fan; he thinks something is hovering over him like a large bird. So I moved him away from it so I could still have it on.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My first beardie hated fans even turned off, she never out grew it. Our rescue hate hv/ac registers, she seems like she starting to get over it though (unless it's bath time, I'm pretty sure she thinks the register in the bathroom is the cause her getting baths cause she still gives that one stink eye lol) 😆😆

sheliah

Beardie name(s)
charlee
My first beardie hated fans even turned off, she never out grew it. Our rescue hate hv/ac registers, she seems like she starting to get over it though (unless it's bath time, I'm pretty sure she thinks the register in the bathroom is the cause her getting baths cause she still gives that one stink eye lol) 😆😆
As long as it's off she was fine, but as soon as it came on, she would have this terrified look on her face. Finally I moved her where she can't see it at all LOL

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
As long as it's off she was fine, but as soon as it came on, she would have this terrified look on her face. Finally I moved her where she can't see it at all LOL
i know and i feel bad saying it to people who alreday know but ive seen a couple post where people are like "its to hot in the tank, my beardies stressed and so my fans on full blast" but fans truly freak em out and thats the stress, thank yall thooo lol, just trynna help some stressed beardies and stressed beardie parents out

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Don't aim the fan directly at the dragons like your giving a plant/organism oxygen is what the guys saying.

They don't need to be fanned.

EDIT:
Yes or no to a silent air filter?
Sometimes I run it full blast.
nowhere near a bearded dragon.

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky doesn't mind looking at the ceiling fan from a far. If it's off, he will stare at it until I put in on low and he's not directly under it. It's it on high, forget about it. It's a problem no matter where he is. If I am holding Rocky, he doesn't mind looking closer but he's somewhat brave or crazy like his owner.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom