Just a little update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrian

Juvie Member
It's been awhile and some people might not even know how Iris is but here's Iris it's been 6 months since she was born! Were getting a stool check up soon and she due for a new Repti-sun. Unfortunately she's picky and she has a bunch of superworms she wont eat and crickets she got bored of so now I have to buy her Dubias again since we gave away the colony. Well here's a couple pictures!

IMG_2357_zps805a4683.jpg

IMG_2355_zpse51c1243.jpg

IMG_2346_zps954c6a98.jpg

IMG_2342_zps704c5779.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

Thanks

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks all, I was hoping she get bigger but it doesn't seem like she will. Unless beardies are capable of a dramatic growth spurt after 6 months of age still?As of now she sits at 16 inches, we also bought some new stuff for her enclosure, i'll post some pictures up when we're finished!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They don't stop growing until they're a full year old, then they can still grow in length some & that's when they really start growing in width, too, their 2nd year. Most of my dragons, they're all over 2 yrs old, grew another inch in their 2nd year and put on alot of weight. So no, she's not even past her full growth yet. She's going to be a really big beardie :D

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":28soksmn said:
They don't stop growing until they're a full year old, then they can still grow in length some & that's when they really start growing in width, too, their 2nd year. Most of my dragons, they're all over 2 yrs old, grew another inch in their 2nd year and put on alot of weight. So no, she's not even past her full growth yet. She's going to be a really big beardie :D

Thanks for the response, I look forward to seeing if she will!

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dooter":24v0tv6m said:
WOW, Iris is beautiful! :love10: I just love her!

Thank you!

I just saw Stella she looks great and huge :shock:

Here's just a new pic of her with her new driftwood at first I was scared because she wouldn't go on it but she does now and she seems to love it!

IMG_2394.jpg

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1q4tpqrw said:
She's such a beautiful beardie & love the driftwood!

Thank you!I actually thought she be really bright orange but she pretty much did the opposite and all the spots I thought wouldn't gain color became orange and all the parts I thought would be orange turned almost yellow :shock: The driftwood I got a good deal from my local exotic reptile shop me and him sometimes trade superworms, silkworms, and driftwood. The one I really want their is going for $150 though!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's funny how that works. I have a beardie that was more red, then turned yellow, more a burnished gold, but a really pretty yellow when he's sleeping. I also have a bright orange/yellow/red beardie, my little Didi, who's 6, but he's not as bright as your girl!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
MBrian":1vj31ipe said:
Dooter":1vj31ipe said:
WOW, Iris is beautiful! :love10: I just love her!

Thank you!

I just saw Stella she looks great and huge :shock:

Here's just a new pic of her with her new driftwood at first I was scared because she wouldn't go on it but she does now and she seems to love it!

IMG_2394.jpg

I am just smitten with Iris! I want to snuggle her so bad, LOL. :oops:

I love the look on her face in this pic - she looks like "DIS FOR ME?!? I LIKE DIS. I SITS ON IT."

Finding the perfect piece of driftwood is SUCH a challenge! It's definitely not one of those things you can just buy off the internet. First it has to be the right size, then it has to be sturdy, not look stupid, and have acceptable basking angles, etc etc etc... Not to mention how EXPENSIVE a dead hunk of tree is! I need to find another sizeable piece for Stella, but I'm just not sure I'm up to the challenge yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom