Jumping on me!

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Henry (8 months) always wants to be on my shoulder. If I hold him in my hands, he will turn around and jump on my shoulder. If I open his tank and kneel next to it, he will jump out onto my shoulder. If I hold my arm out to him, he will get on and climb up onto my shoulder. If I remove him from my shoulder, he will do his darnedest to try to get back up. He will perch there happily while I walk around and do things. I always pet him when he is there. Maybe he likes being petted, or maybe he just views it as an acceptable consequence of being in his favorite place. I'm a little worried he will scare my friends by jumping on them when I can have people over again someday, but I don't think I'll start discouraging him from jumping on me, because I like it and I'm the only person who interacts with him regularly. None of my previous bearded dragons were jumpers or shoulder-obsessed like this. Does your bearded dragon jump on you? Does it do it to anyone else?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
H also loves to do this if I'm sitting I don't mind but I tried to refrain from walking around with her I know too many people who's dragons did this regularly and one day were spooked or something resulting in injury from falls off

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis
Luis does this also, he jumps or climbs up to my shoulder all the time. He doesn't do it with other people however. If ther is someone he doesn't konow, he will always shy away from them and come back to me :)
He has never jumped off my shoulder though, I think he realises the height.
Only be carefull walking by things or stand near walls. Luis will try to climb the walls sometimes as he thinks they are soft like the foam walls in his tank.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis
Yeah I feel you. Luis did manage to bite me twice and one of them did even bleed 😅
Slow and steady did the trick with him, now he falls asleep on my neck from time to time ;)
He still hates strangers though and goes into his cave for days after meeting new people. But we are working on that....

addy Luckey

Yeah I feel you. Luis did manage to bite me twice and one of them did even bleed 😅
Slow and steady did the trick with him, now he falls asleep on my neck from time to time ;)
He still hates strangers though and goes into his cave for days after meeting new people. But we are working on that....
Yeah, im still working on my dude lol he hates strangers and sometimes i even think he hates me lol!!! but mine is still a juvinile so he has to get use to people in my household lol. i cant wait for my beardie to get older, i love their chubbyness and how they cuddle

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Yeah, im still working on my dude lol he hates strangers and sometimes i even think he hates me lol!!! but mine is still a juvinile so he has to get use to people in my household lol. i cant wait for my beardie to get older, i love their chubbyness and how they cuddle
I've never had anything like this with my dragon. He was very friendly since childhood, never hissed or bitten. I've never even seen a black beard. But it seemed to me that we were brought even closer together by the fact that I let him fall asleep on my chest in the evening, I cover him with a fleece baby blanket so that the light does not disturb him. After this, Foxy began to perceive me as a "safe place", and very often asks to just sit on my shoulder or chest. Perhaps this will help someone strengthen their connection with their dragon.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've never had anything like this with my dragon. He was very friendly since childhood, never hissed or bitten. I've never even seen a black beard. But it seemed to me that we were brought even closer together by the fact that I let him fall asleep on my chest in the evening, I cover him with a fleece baby blanket so that the light does not disturb him. After this, Foxy began to perceive me as a "safe place", and very often asks to just sit on my shoulder or chest. Perhaps this will help someone strengthen their connection with their dragon.
I used to give that exact advice for bonding all the time. All 5 of mine expect it every night now. Thats also how I finally got Sinatra to be ok with me

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Luis does this also, he jumps or climbs up to my shoulder all the time. He doesn't do it with other people however. If ther is someone he doesn't konow, he will always shy away from them and come back to me :)
He has never jumped off my shoulder though, I think he realises the height.
Only be carefull walking by things or stand near walls. Luis will try to climb the walls sometimes as he thinks they are soft like the foam walls in his tank.
When I walk around with Thor, I always have to have my hand on him, because the moment he sees something he wants to investigate, he will try jumping

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom