Jealous of the cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinty

I always sit on the couch next to Kimba’s cage and he would sometime come to the side nearest to the couch as if to let me know he wants to come out so I would take him out and let him sit by me. He has been doing it a lot lately which is so cute! Now I also have a cat and the cat and Kimba get along great, there has never been any problems until this past weekend. I was sitting on the couch and the cat came and sat with me….she’s a very lovable cat and will do just about anything for attention….Kimba started running up and down against the glass of his cage and like the curious cat she is she stood up and checked him out and she got a black beard and a very nasty look! I took him out to calm him down a bit as soon as the cat came near me he freaked out again. He has never acted this way towards the cat. Could he be jealous or was he just in a bad mood? :?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'd say he was jealous. It is possible for beardies to be jealous of other housemates. Heck, it's even possible for them to be jealous of other slaves!

You'll have to try and see if he does it again.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I have the opposite at my house. My cat has been the center of attention for 9 years and now is very sad with Elliott. He has become overly affectionate since getting Elliott :lol: I feel kind of bad for him so I bought him a new bed and a catnip sock as a treat.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I had a vision of the other night when I read the title of this thread. When Frank came home from work I had Zak-n-Wheezie out on the floor near the kitchen table. Well Beefy the cat greets Frank every night when he gets home. When Beefy tried to approach Frank...Zak-n-Wheezie charged at him. :shock: It was so funny to watch them charge the cat to chase him away from their "DADDY SLAVE". :lol: Z&W are jealous of everyone.

RD is jealous of everyone an everything. :twisted: :lol:

At any rate yes beardies get attitude when they are jealous. :lol:

Clinty

Original Poster
It happened again! But this time with my boyfriend!
Kimba was sitting on my lap and my BF wanted to say “hi” to him and he immediately puffed up and showed his little teeth!
Little green monster! lol :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:laughing6: You're now officially beardie :whip:

I think that's great that Kimba loves you that much. I'd put up with all of the beard poofs and glass dancings and teeth barings to be beardie loved.

Luckily, the only one who has a remote jealous bone is Buddy, but only towards Pookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom