jaw noises?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
today i was feeding june and i heard unusual noises whem she was eating, it sounded like cracking noises almost? i dont think its the sound of the insect crunching but it could be. i looked it up and people were saying something about it having to do with calcium and uvb intake? i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb and i dust her crickets twice every other day with calcium. there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with her, she eats fine except the noises. is this serious or am i just panicking. i will upload a video of her making the noises if needed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
today i was feeding june and i heard unusual noises whem she was eating, it sounded like cracking noises almost? i dont think its the sound of the insect crunching but it could be. i looked it up and people were saying something about it having to do with calcium and uvb intake? i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb and i dust her crickets twice every other day with calcium. there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with her, she eats fine except the noises. is this serious or am i just panicking. i will upload a video of her making the noises if needed
How old is June? your 10.0 UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
right on top of the screen
Ok please place in tank or take the screen off -- T 8's need to be unobstructed --- it needs to be placed directly over your basking decor piece 6-8 inches -- if the bulb is 6 months old please change it -- I recommend you get a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- this could be the start of MBD and we need to stop it from getting any worse

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok please place in tank or take the screen off -- T 8's need to be unobstructed --- it needs to be placed directly over your basking decor piece 6-8 inches -- if the bulb is 6 months old please change it -- I recommend you get a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- this could be the start of MBD and we need to stop it from getting any worse
okay thank you, can i use zip ties to mount it on the screen from inside? or is there another way?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Zip ties are what i use. Like Karrieree said get long enough one but also get heavy ones. You don't want them breaking and dropping the light on your beardie.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably just a passing thing, jaws do make cracking noises sometime. If it persists you can upload a video for us to listen too.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Make sure the UVB is changed regularly. T8 tubes should be changed every 6 months. Even though they still light up for longer the ability to make UVB is not good enough for a bearded dragon after 6 months. FYI

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom