Jammy SRT10 Sammich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to have to say it, but we lost Jam last Saturday. I don't know what happened.

She'd had a lovely time that day - woke up in a patch of sun on the balcony, had a breakfast of locusts, a quick poop, and then a jaunt out in the sunshine to town.

We met lots of nice people, had lots of fuss and strokings, a look in the bank vaults, a bathe in the sun, a run around on the church green and splash in the fountain before coming home where she had a mooch around, a quick dig about in the "castle" and a brief sparring session with Jacques.

I scooped her up and put her back in her tank to soak up some warmth. She got up after a few minutes, crawled under her bed like she usually does on an evening, and I thought no more of it. I got up to cut some cake for dinner and I noticed she was dozing with tongue out as usual - but something just wasn't quite right, and I realised she was gone.

We gave her a Viking burial, overlooked by a young frog, laid on a swathe of fresh dandelions with some dead locusts and a little of her favourite food.

She had been with us two years and eight months, but it feels like she's been here forever - who only knows how old she was before we rescued her?! She needed so much work and love and I was happy to give it - the surgery bought her an extra year she wouldn't have had, and that was a whole extra year of lazy days, good food, snuggles and fun for my titanium-reinforced mighty wonder-lizard.

IMAG1645-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom