It's going to be a great year!!!

Happy New Year!
Rocky is up! Rocky is up!
I am beyond excited! It's going to be a magnificent year!
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy beardie year!
Rocky is 18 inches.

WaffleFalafel

Beardie name(s)
Waffle Falafel (or just Waffle)
Happy New Year!
Rocky is up! Rocky is up!
I am beyond excited! It's going to be a magnificent year!
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy beardie year!
Rocky is 18 inches.
Finally! I have been following your posts and Rocky is a great dragon. I hope you have a great new year, you and Rocky help make reading the posts on here worthwhile.
Happy New Year Everyone!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Thank you so much! I am trying to keep it positive (know that he didn't eat, he didn't poop which means that he will probably go down again) but he gave me the biggest hug and spent time with me and for that I am grateful. More Rocky stories on the way.

Here's one: So I wanted to take advantage of Rocky being out and do a deep clean. I had to move the tiles, etc. Prior to this, Rocky began jumping for his invisible hammock but little did he know, I bought him a new one, the long one that when you purchase 2, it covers the entire 4x2x2. Rocky is nosey and must've saw it because his hammock has been down for at least 3 months. Anyways, I put him on the new hammock and he was in heaven.
But, it was time to clean the enclosure. Guess who didn't want to get it. Fine- I cleaned around him. Emptied everything, I mean everything and he just watched me.
Here comes the issue as he hung and I swore laughed at me....
I wanted to the stand for the enclosure. I try to grab Rocky, he holds on for dear life. I talk to him...he climbs so high his face is pressed at the top of the screen.
I want to move the enclosure. It's the 4x2x2- I am so frustrated with Rocky, I didn't even get help- while it was empty I slid it from stand to the other.
The lights were off. I know it wasn't the smoothest transition but Rocky didn't move or careless, no black beard. I didn't have a blackbeard but I was sweating, my family yelling, "What are you doing?!"- they know if Rocky is up - there's some shenanigans going on-
But I got it done. Rocky was too pleased.
Me- drenched.
Rocky's new stand looks like the old (I was trying to adjust the height) - the mere difference was a waste of time but it's staying.
And that was my adventure with Rocky for the New Year.
It was after that, I showered and said, "hug?"- Rocky came right up and gave me a hug. If he could talk, I know he would've whispered, "You're a fool!!"

I love my Rocky!- I whine whine whine to be treated like crap!

One last thing, I didnt know he was up- I stepped out, returned and went directly to his hide. I am looking in it- then behind it as he sticks his nose out, nothing. The door was cracked but only like 2cms so I am like, "hmph"- he was sitting under the basking lamp - he looks at me like, "*****" - then he looks at me then looks up then looks at me then looks up- which means "Cut the heat up"

I keep his UVB light on but I keep the warm side about 78- I am not sure how long he was out but he didn't flatten out so I think he was a-ok-

Whew, I am tired all over again!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You will be ready for the next brumation before he is done with this one lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom